• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

rando14

part of me is hoping the scherzer wins the rest of his starts and ends up going like 26-1, but in each of those starts the tigers offense is just crazy to cover him, while he ends up giving up like 6 runs per game in each of those starts only lasting 6 innings per (aka 60 more innings giving up 60 runs assuming 10 more starts) as I am curious if a 26-1 record would trump a 4.60 era lol to still give him a cy young :p
(as it stands if he makes it to 20 plus wins with having over 20 more wins than losses and an era below 3 i have a feeling he will have the cy young no problem even if others might be more deserving :p)

either way here is hoping the tigers win tomorrow (and the astros and marlins do as well :p)

fuck everything if scherzer gets the cy over kuroda, felix or yu

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's cool that I had the Braves pegged for 96 wins before the season, and they're currently on pace for 96. Would like more than that though.

zulux21

fuck everything if scherzer gets the cy over kuroda, felix or yu

if the season ended today it would logically just be a two man fight between scherzer and felix, as felix is the only one that arguably has better numbers than scherzer (going off WAR felix is a 5.7 while scherzer is a 4.5 the others are lower than scherzer) Scherzer has the most wins (pointless stat but matters for cy young voting) the least amount of losses (same as wins) the most strike outs though it's about even, felix has a few more innings pitched and a few less walks, but scherzer has given up far less hits 104 vs 141 to make their WHIPs .912 for scherzer vs 1.058 for felix so it's not like scherzer has been bad... if he keeps this pace for the rest of the season it's doubtful anyone but him will be cy young, i just would like to see him give up a bunch of runs to make the cy young race more interesting as he pitches for a team that can actually give him 7 runs of support each time he pitches with out it being crazy (they are already giving him over 5 per start lol)

Talon

The pen has been good.

@Joe_TOC: In Atlanta's current bullpen, Anthony Varvaro has the highest ERA at 3.08 and FIP at 3.52. That's really, really good.

@cacsisson: ERA and all ERA estimators suggest they've been the best in the league by a relatively sizable margin the past 4 years.

You just know that run is scoring now.
tumblr_m1f606CF4w1qb361y.gif

newjeruse

Rick Porcello ERA by year:

2009: 3.96
2010: 4.92
2011: 4.75
2012: 4.59
2013: 4.49

Rick Porcello xFIP by year:

2009: 4.27
2010: 4.24
2011: 4.02
2012: 3.89
2013: 3.24

Nothing like losing a game before your team even bats. I expected better from Leake.

Reds hung in well without their Ace and cleanup hitter (Day one injury), but I think it's clear no playoffs this year.
You guys will make the coin flip game at least and anything can happen in one game.

Wow, Leake's ERA has jumped almost half a run today.

I missing out on good stuff. Hanley and Navarro going at it!!! I'm listening to the game so I'm relying in cubs announcers(driving home from Vegas)

Top Bottom