• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

cashman

Banned
Man.

@LookoutLanding: Over the past calendar year, Justin Smoak has a higher wOBA (.362) than Andrew McCutchen, Carlos Santana, Kendrys Morales, Evan Longoria.

images

I believed

mlb_g_flores_d1_200.jpg

NEW YORK -- Wilmer Flores' 22nd birthday party will be spent at Citi Field.

The prospect has been promoted to the major league club.

Flores played a full game Monday night for Triple-A Las Vegas, going 1-for-5 with a double and run scored in the 51s' 5-2 win at Memphis. Flores made his third straight start at third base and appeared at the hot corner for fourth time this season.

Flores hit .321 with 15 homers and 86 RBIs in Triple-A this season. A natural shortstop, he had been moved off the position last season and primarily had played second base in 2013.

Bobby Parnell is expected to land on the disabled list. That would restore the Mets' bench to five players. It also would allow Terry Collins not to have to shift Daniel Murphy to third base and Eric Young Jr. to second base.
wooohoo!

calder

Sounds like a home game for the Jays

I think next month's series in Minneapolis will be pretty good too, I think more Jays fans than usual will be there. I sadly had to bail on the trip but I know a fair number of people making the trip for the weekend.

Damn it's a shame I'm not going. I love Target field (said as a guy who's only been to two big league parks, but still).
And the Seville lol. Going to be a lot of Jays jerseys there too

turnbuckle

Tony Paul ‏@TonyPaul1984 2s
#Indians closer Chris Perez says he's done talking for the rest of the season.

So long as he keeps pitching

JABEE

Ruf is starting in RF tonight. The Phillies are having a competition to see if they field the worst defensive outfield in the history of the National League.

That's why they refused to tender Schierholtz this offseason. Amaro is an idiot.

jakncoke

Banned
Nearly forgot to post about this outrageous rumor posted by some Marlins site. They rumored Pirates offered this and Marlins turned it down

Pirates give Gerrit Cole, Jameson Taillon, Starling Marte , and Stetson Allie

Marlins give Stanton, Steve Cishek, and Justin Ruggiano.

In what crazy world would Pitt offer all that and Marlins turn down that :me

In related Pirates news, Taillon was recently promoted to AAA

verbum

David O’Brien ‏@ajcbraves 44s
Billy Wagner just walked in the # Braves clubhouse here in DC

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 29m
Billy Wagner on Kimbrel (who has been called the right-handed Billy Wagner): “I told him it’s like looking at myself in the mirror.”

I wonder if Billy can still throw the heat. I'd run if he was throwing a rock my way.

Ruf is starting in RF tonight. The Phillies are having a competition to see if they field the worst defensive outfield in the history of the National League.

That's why they refused to tender Schierholtz this offseason. Amaro is an idiot.
Rruff's D hasnt been that bad.

Ike Davis since coming back has a .420 OBP, which is amazing.

Unfortunately, he has a .377 SLG percentage. Ike Davis would be an great #2 slap hitter.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT KEITH IS EVISERATING TULO. LOL

cashman

Banned
Nearly forgot to post about this outrageous rumor posted by some Marlins site. They rumored Pirates offered this and Marlins turned it down

Pirates give Gerrit Cole, Jameson Taillon, Starling Marte , and Stetson Allie

Marlins give Stanton, Steve Cishek, and Justin Ruggiano.

In what crazy world would Pitt offer all that and Marlins turn down that :me

In related Pirates news, Taillon was recently promoted to AAA

Turning down Cole and Taillon? Damn they really didn't want to trade him.

Holy fuck this Saturday Mets are holding a Citi Field Sleepover. You spend the night sleeping in the OF while watching the Mets on the road on the bigscreen.

That is so fucking cool. Can you imagine the hookups?

jakncoke

Banned
Turning down Cole and Taillon? Damn they really didn't want to trade him.

It turned out that the rumor was just bs made up. Was making fun of the site trying to make that sound legit. If Pitt offered that and Marlins took i'd kill Neil

*edit Jesus fucking christ why do suck against the marlins

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I don't think there is a better walk music plus video board image than jayson werth's. Cracks me up everytime.

Well Mejia is making the team next year.

That was just a changeup he threw, when did he learn 4 pitches?

mEJIA-rEPERTOIRE.png

Mejia’s Pitches
As Mets PITCHf/x enthusiast Josh Smolow indicated via Twitter last night, MLB’s Gameday system has no little difficulty in classifying Mejia’s different pitches. Ignoring said classifications, but looking merely at the chart below (featuring speed and horizontal movement), it appears as though Mejia threw four pitches, predominantly — his fastball (which naturally features cut-like movement) at 92-95 mph; a changeup at 85-90 mph; a slider (of which there’s some consideration below) at about 82-87 mph; and then a slower curve, at 79-82 mph.

Top Bottom