• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Malvingt2

harperhbp080713-2.jpg

You lost the game and are 14.5 back. But, uh, congratulations on the homer, I guess.
lol

Untitled_zps52e8f622.png

The Braves' Twitter dork wins easily with the ol' "Check the score who's got more?" taunt, while the Nats' PR guy thinks 20 years old is the new age of innocence.

P.S. Has anyone seen the Barves schedule this month? Aside from a series at the Cards on the 22nd, it looks pretty rosy.

The Twitter feud was feature on ESPN & MLBN... MLBN crew asked who are the guys behind the accounts? lol

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Assuming Heyward is out of the lineup today, I would love to see this lineup:

J Upton
Freeman
C Johnson
McCann
B Upton
Uggla
Simmons
Terdoslavich

But Simmons will probably be hitting leadoff...

Malvingt2

MLB‏@MLB

Who is more likely to win the World Series?
Braves
Tigers
Reply with #BravesWin or #TigersWin pic.twitter.com/Ul2r7sBmKk

eznark

Banned
Harper destroyed that ball. Give me a break "barely cleared the fence." It also didn't look like he hot dogged, so I don't understand why he got drilled.

That said, he had 15 feet to do something about it before anyone got in his way and he twatted out like a bitch.

Both teams are pussy bitches.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Apparently it was the longest home run trot of Harper's career by 1.5 seconds.

I will say though, the Braves don't have any room to be beaning people over homer pimp jobs. They probably lead the league in those.

Malvingt2

Harper destroyed that ball. Give me a break "barely cleared the fence." It also didn't look like he hot dogged, so I don't understand why he got drilled.

That said, he had 15 feet to do something about it before anyone got in his way and he twatted out like a bitch.

David Carroll‏@DAVIDCARROLL
#Braves and #Nationals Twitter accounts go at it during last night's game. Umpire Joe West's Twitter account had to separate them.

Or Justin Upton the entire month of April. Davey Johnson talked on the radio this morning about how things "even out," so I expect there will be a beaning or two before the series is over.
Davey is a big believer in baseball justice, but if the leadoff hitter for the Braves/Justin Upton doesn't get hit, no one will on the Braves. Unless said pitcher is doing it for himself.

McNei1y

At least a lot of the Braves guys ran up there. The Nats just stood in the background. This team has lost all emotion. I think losing Morse is a big factor in that. The team was really connected with him in the clubhouse.

i.e. Justin Upton the day before.

Or Justin Upton the entire month of April. Davey Johnson talked on the radio this morning about how things "even out," so I expect there will be a beaning or two before the series is over.

Yeah. JUpton stared at the ball much longer than Bryce did. That said, I doubt the Nats throw at any Braves players today. I doubt Davey would give that command (seems a lot less emotional than last year) and I don't see Zimmermann making that decision on his own. We'll probably lose today 3-1 or something. Hooray.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
At least a lot of the Braves guys ran up there. The Nats just stood in the background. This team has lost all emotion. I think losing Morse is a big factor in that. The team was really connected with him in the clubhouse.

Yeah. JUpton stared at the ball much longer than Bryce did. That said, I doubt the Nats throw at any Braves players today. I doubt Davey would give that command (seems a lot less emotional than last year) and I don't see Zimmermann making that decision on his own. We'll probably lose today 3-1 or something. Hooray.
the Upton ball was down the line and was tough to tell if it was fair or foul.
Davey looked like he's at a funeral at the post-game presser after these last two games.
he is always like that.

McNei1y

Someone pitch a Baseball Drama television show to one of the premium channels. Say it's about some top prospect who wants to make it to the Show.

Someone pitch a Baseball Drama television show to one of the premium channels. Say it's about some top prospect who wants to make it to the Show.

Raising Starr (2014)

Darryl Starr is a top prospect in the Cincinnati Reds baseball organization with a chance at the Show looming in the horizon. Starr is thrown a curveball when his wife tragically dies in a helicopter accident, leaving him to raise their 8 year-old son, Bobby Starr, alone. Will Darryl's career stop short while he raises his son or will he swing for the fences in both his personal and professional career?

Showrunner: Damon Lindelof.

jakncoke

Banned
We need to bring Andrew Lambo up. Dude's fucking up AAA right now.... can't be worst than Presley

He isnt on the 40 man roster or he probably would, but Neil said thats not the reason why. But really I dont see why not. Our offense needs some blood.

Watching the M's game, they are up 2-0. Walk away for what feels like about 5 minutes, 5-2 Jays.

I hate this team.

lol for some reason they just showed the Ibanez throw from last night.

Riggs

Banned
Watching the M's game, they are up 2-0. Walk away for what feels like about 5 minutes, 5-2 Jays.

I hate this team.

lol for some reason they just showed the Ibanez throw from last night.

Add in the blue jay fans, I wouldn't blame M fans for starting a riot.

Harang shit the bed and just started walking everyone.

Harang now doing BP.

verbum

I love these lines.
"Do you thing you'll be warned before the game today?" a Junkie inquired.

"No, I don't think so," Johnson said. So retaliation tonight? "First of all, you don't talk about this stuff," the Nats' 70-year-old skipper joked, "Don't you guys get it?"

"Things will even out. They always do," Johnson added.

If nothing else he put a little edge on the Braves' batters. "Will he throw it at me?".
Smart guy.
If Zimmerman doesn't throw at anyone in the first, then Medlen should kinda hit a Nat with a breaking ball. Then the warning get issued and Zimmerman is gone if he hits anyone after that.

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves GM Frank Wren apologized for last night's 'Clown move bro' Tweet saying "it was an inappropriate attempt at humor"

Wren, it did already spreaded out lol

sangreal

Kevin McAlpin‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves GM Frank Wren apologized for last night's 'Clown move bro' Tweet saying "it was an inappropriate attempt at humor"

Wren, it did already spreaded out lol

geeze and I thought the Yankees take themselves too seriously

and I thought the MLB was trying to manufacture rivalries. isn't that why we have to put up with season-long inter-league play?

Top Bottom