• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

BFIB

It's a shame that Matt Carpenter (arguably the best 2B in the majors so far) is 4th right now in All Star voting for 2B. Cards fans better step it up since he's far from a household name.

Speaking of Carpenter, I was just talking with a buddy of mine regarding what the Cards are going to do with Wong, and what that could mean for Freese.

Personally, I feel the Cards will move Wong to 2nd, Carpenter to third, Adams at first, and trade Freese. Craig will shift to RF next season, and Taveras will man Center with Jay as the 4th OF.

Zep

Banned

elijah-dukes-closeup.jpg

"Yea dawg"

Speaking of Carpenter, I was just talking with a buddy of mine regarding what the Cards are going to do with Wong, and what that could mean for Freese.

Personally, I feel the Cards will move Wong to 2nd, Carpenter to third, Adams at first, and trade Freese. Craig will shift to RF next season, and Taveras will man Center with Jay as the 4th OF.
I don't think we'd get very much trade value out of Freese (injury prone reputation, getting into his 30s) so we might be better off keeping him as injury insurance. I'm not entirely sure how the arbitration process works so maybe it'd be too costly to retain Freese. If what we're seeing from Marp is real and sustainable (his bat almost certainly is and the defense looks decent enough to the untrained eye), it'll be a matter of Wong vs Freese. Can't imagine Wong's ceiling to be much higher than what Marp is giving us right now.

And as much as I'd want Taveras' bat in CF, his ankle injury has certainly kept him from getting more reps there - any word on how he has fared in his limited time in CF? An everyday lineup with Yadi/Adams/Marp/Freese (or Wong)/Holliday/Taveras/Craig would be pretty boss though.

Wow Nationals are in full FUCK IT mode. Also:
Jeurys Familia, who flew to New York on Tuesday morning, will undergo surgery to remove bone spurs and other loose bodies from his pitching elbow, the team announced.

Familia had been placed on the DL on May 12 with biceps tendinitis. The surgery will be performed Wednesday.
Fuck. He looked like a good bullpen prospect/fringe starter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/68549/kirk-sure-is-back-on-radar-for-promotion

Captain Kirk may be coming back up soon, as he's tearing up Triple-A Las Vegas. Also Mets want to get a long look at Juan Lagares.

3N16MA

Banned
Nice to see Teix getting on base. Hopefully he just pretends that he has played for two months and does not have a slow start.

Yes, MLB can. If they can prove a player acquired the drugs illegally, they can suspend them without a positive test. Jordan Schafer was suspended 50 games in 2008 while he was still in AAA because they were able to prove he purchased HGH even though they couldn't even test for that back then and Schafer said he threw the stuff away anyways.

3N16MA

Banned
John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross

Sources tell OTL that Tony Bosch has agreed to cooperate with MLB &testify against players who allegedly received PEDs through his operation

20 players connected.

Top Bottom