• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

dmag1223

Bad Bailey tonight it looks like. It seems like Bailey has been very unlucky lately though. His BABIP has to be through the roof lately.

sangreal

Yes, MLB can. If they can prove a player acquired the drugs illegally, they can suspend them without a positive test. Jordan Schafer was suspended 50 games in 2008 while he was still in AAA because they were able to prove he purchased HGH even though they couldn't even test for that back then and Schafer said he threw the stuff away anyways.

Sure, but if your proof is private medical records you bought off the street it probably doesn't help your case.

sangreal

So their plan is to try to double up the charges on high profile players because they were able to railroad some MiLB player into a 100 game suspension? Well, good luck I guess

3N16MA

Banned
The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, CesarPuello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautini de los Santos, Jordan Norberto, and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines." All are currently on major-league rosters but for Puello, a top outfield prospect for the New York Mets who is playing in Class AA Binghamton.

Some of the names.

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting on Locke

First time through the lineup .211 BA for teams
2nd .274
3rd .291

Wonder what going on in his head that makes him suck so hard later on

Suspend the league

Maybe Melky can heal his hamstring while suspended

And good luck having this hold up with the union

I wonder what kind of madness would occur if the entire current league did in fact test positive legit for PED. Would they be like yeah fuck yall we just cancelling this shit or what. Man I'd like to see that go down lol

List of players that will supposedly be suspended:

-- Alex Rodriguez
-- Ryan Braun
-- Bartolo Colon (100-game suspension)
-- Melky Cabrera (100-game suspension)
-- Yasmani Grandal (100-game suspension)
-- Nelson Cruz
-- Francisco Cervelli
-- Jesus Montero
-- Jhonny Peralta
-- Cesar Puello
-- Fernando Martinez
-- Everth Cabrera
-- Fautini de los Santos
-- Jordan Norberto

More players will be suspended who were listed under code names or other documents.

Robinson Cano could also face a suspension after the head of his charity, Sonia Cruz, showed up in Biogenesis records. If MLB can link Cruz to Cano, Cano will also be suspended.

Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be suspended because the two substances he acquired were substances for his father. Neither substance is banned by MLB.

sangreal

List of players that will supposedly be suspended:

-- Alex Rodriguez
-- Ryan Braun
-- Bartolo Colon (100-game suspension)
-- Melky Cabrera (100-game suspension)
-- Yasmani Grandal (100-game suspension)
-- Nelson Cruz
-- Francisco Cervelli
-- Jesus Montero
-- Jhonny Peralta
-- Cesar Puello
-- Fernando Martinez
-- Everth Cabrera
-- Fautini de los Santos
-- Jordan Norberto

More players will be suspended who were listed under code names or other documents.

Robinson Cano could also face a suspension after the name of the head of his charity, Sonia Cruz, showed up in Biogenesis records. If MLB can link Cruz to Cano, Cano will also be suspended.

Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be suspended because the two substances he acquired were substances for his father. Neither substance is banned by MLB.

The ESPN article says they're going for 100 games on everyone because denying it is a second offense and apparently they got some MiLB player on that (no appeals). To which I again say, good luck.

eznark

Banned
The ESPN article says they're going for 100 games on everyone because denying it is a second offense and apparently they got some MiLB player on that (no appeals). To which I again say, good luck.

So many lawsuits. You know Braun won't go down without a hugely ridiculous fight. Just wonder if the MLBPA will fight as well.

I fail to see how they could do that.

But holy shit if that happened. That would mean Melky, Colon, and Grandal would get lifetime suspensions.

JABEE

This is all Braun's fault. If only he took the suspension and kept his mouth shut.

Braun may be the hero in all of this for shining a huge light on the still thriving PED usage in baseball.

eznark

Banned
This is all Braun's fault. If only he took the suspension and kept his mouth shut.

Braun may be the hero in all of this for shining a huge light on the still thriving PED usage in baseball.

The Bosch stuff came out because of ARod

Top Bottom