• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Harvey in LA on Monday with Vin Scully calling the game.

tumblr_mc9bnjrZIw1qam5vs.gif

I didn't catch the name of the caller and he was asking like why Vinny doesn't go on the road and how much help does he need on finding info
E: expect some good stories this weekend on rays players

Don't know what's the problem. He's a fiery guy. You would of despised Ty Cobb then.

Stewart has a quick release and a decent arm.

please, Cobb wouldn't have admired his homer and he would have actually fought if he got hit.

Shut your mouth, frankman. You will accept me with open arms.

I will hunt you down if you do this....
although I can't blame you if you do... that would be such a bad idea.

turnbuckle

Almost to page 3? The Yankees being garbage has really done a number on the volume of posts in this thread.

Nice seeing the ghost of Jeremy Bonderman throw 3 scoreless yesterday. Not sure how Detroit got away with a W in that one, but I'll take it. Loved hearing the crowd chanting about Detroit's bankruptcy.

Skipper's response:

h14OQjU.png

Almost to page 3? The Yankees being garbage has really done a number on the volume of posts in this thread.

Nice seeing the ghost of Jeremy Bonderman throw 3 scoreless yesterday. Not sure how Detroit got away with a W in that one, but I'll take it. Loved hearing the crowd chanting about Detroit's bankruptcy.

Skipper's response:

h14OQjU.png

Hahahahahahah amazing. I'm surprised there were enough enough Cleveland fans there to start a chant. It was half empty when the game started and even worse in extra innings.

turnbuckle

Hahahahahahah amazing. I'm surprised there were enough enough Cleveland fans there to start a chant. It was half empty when the game started and even worse in extra innings.

One thing I notice consistently on Tigers' road games - they travel really well. Quite a few Detroit fans all over the place, and frequently you hear cheering for Tigers' players when listening to the radio broadcast.

Probably something to do with the mass exodus out of Detroit over the last half century, but I don't think there are too many people that left Detroit for the greener pastures of Cleveland. A few might have been convinced by the old "we're not Detroit" promo, but they lost their biggest revenue stream when Lebron left town.

harSon

Banned
Oakland needs to get their shit in order

Hopefully they don't. I'm going to be the biggest cunt in the Bay Area if both the As and the Giants miss the playoffs, and the Pirates make it. It will be 2+ decades of built up shit talking that I've had to suppress unleashed at one time.

ToxicAdam

Probably something to do with the mass exodus out of Detroit over the last half century, but I don't think there are too many people that left Detroit for the greener pastures of Cleveland. A few might have been convinced by the old "we're not Detroit" promo, but they lost their biggest revenue stream when Lebron left town.

There's a ton of Tiger fans in the nothern part of Ohio (Toledo/Sandusky area). They are in range of WJR and the television stations. Especially because of the mid-80's teams.

Mark Reynolds DFA

Too bad .. he was so red-hot early on. Just could never get back on a roll.

People talked a lot about how Puig doesn't draw walks, but he's actually made tremendous improvements in that regard over the last few weeks.

Puig's OBP is now 61 points higher than his BA, which is a better walk rate than Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Hanley Ramirez, Mark Ellis, or Matt Kemp.

In fact, among the regulars, only Ethier and AJ Ellis have a higher walk rate. Puig's OBP of .433 now leads all Dodgers position players and is second only to Zack Greinke (lol).

Also, Greinke should play DH in AL stadiums.

cashman

Banned
Just 10 days ago the Rangers were 6 games out of first and about to start selling some guys. Now they're tied for first again. Funny how baseball works out sometimes.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Rangers logical guess as claiming team for #WhiteSox’s Rios. Had interest in him in July. Cruz now suspended. Cruz, Murphy FAs end of year.

Well.....

turnbuckle

Just 10 days ago the Rangers were 6 games out of first and about to start selling some guys. Now they're tied for first again. Funny how baseball works out sometimes.

Tigers and Rangers both undefeated since their respective all-stars' suspensions began. :)

Branduil

I don't understand baseball's waiver rules. Why do you have to put every player eligible for a trade on waivers? Sure you can just rescind it, but I don't understand the point.

I don't understand baseball's waiver rules. Why do you have to put every player eligible for a trade on waivers? Sure you can just rescind it, but I don't understand the point.
Because why not? Maybe you distract people by making your list 40 people deep and the guy falls through who you want to fall through.

Top Bottom