• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Torrealba grounds it up the middle, Hawkins grabs it and takes it unassisted AND THE BALLGAME IS OVER!

Mets get their 1st three game series sweep at home this year, Gee pitches a wonderful game and the Mets' pitching allows only 3 runs in the series. Mets now depart on a long roadtrip, where the arrival of Travis D'Arnaud is on the horizon.
TIL Latroy Hawkins hasnt been out of MLB for five years.
Yet Aardsma (outside of a tough one-week stretch) has been more effective.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I don't understand baseball's waiver rules. Why do you have to put every player eligible for a trade on waivers? Sure you can just rescind it, but I don't understand the point.
non-waiver deadline ended on the 31st. After that if you want to trade for someone the player is placed on waivers and going from worst record to best each team can see if they want him, if they don't then the next team gets to decide. (think it might go worst league of that team first then next league) the team that put the player on waivers of course can take him off if they want. That is the basics of it I think.

Branduil

non-waiver deadline ended on the 31st. After that if you want to trade for someone the player is placed on waivers and going from worst record to best each team can see if they want him, if they don't then the next team gets to decide. (think it might go worst league of that team first then next league) the team that put the player on waivers of course can take him off if they want. That is the basics of it I think.

I understand that, I just don't understand why it exists.

sangreal

You dont have to put every player on waivers. Teams do it to hide who they really want to trade

Let's pretend the Yankees want to shop around Mariano Rivera. If they only put him on waivers teams would know they're looking to move him and put in a claim. Then the Yankees are stuck with dealing him to the claiming team or revoking. If they throw Mo, Jeter, Kuroda, Hughes and Nova all on waivers at once it hides the fact that they're trying to sell Mo and he is more likely to clear waivers opening up a bigger trade market. Teams won't claim everyone because they can't revoke a claim

Cody Asche is a triple away from the cycle and it is only the 6th inning. Man he has really turned it around after the horrible 1st 2 weeks he had in the big leagues.

Windu

I understand that, I just don't understand why it exists.
oh well I think it has something to do with baseball a long time ago and the separation of the leagues or something. Also a big reason for it is so minor league players don't get stuck in one organization, you can only send a player up and down so many times before you have to put him on waivers so other teams have a chance at him.

He struggles with overuse, pretty much 30 pitches is his max and then you need to rest him a day. He had 3 days of rest and threw 3 pitches in the 8th.

Hawkins must have nekkid pictures of TC or something. I don't get how he has so much influence.
Lol n yea Collins bullpen use is a bit off.

Syrinx

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to 2014 for the Mets. For the first time in a long time, it seems like they may actually have some starting pitching depth. Harvey, Wheeler, Gee (who's really picked it up these last few months), Niese (assuming he's fully recovered from that shoulder), Hefner (though he's been iffy lately), plus Syndergaard down in the minors who may see the big club toward the latter half of next season if he keeps pitching well...it looks like Sandy's plan is beginning to take shape.

Now if only the Mets could get some young outfielders, then they'd have something going.

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to 2014 for the Mets. For the first time in a long time, it seems like they may actually have some starting pitching depth. Harvey, Wheeler, Gee (who's really picked it up these last few months), Niese (assuming he's fully recovered from that shoulder), Hefner (though he's been iffy lately), plus Syndergaard down in the minors who may see the big club toward the latter half of next season if he keeps pitching well...it looks like Sandy's plan is beginning to take shape.

Now if only the Mets could get some young outfielders, then they'd have something going.
Pitching for days Mazzoni, Rainy Lara, Montero, deGrom, Fullmer. We need an impact OF man, ur right. I personally love Carlos Gonzalez, that would be awesome.

Windu

Which phone do you have? I have the Lumia and I fucking love it.
Lumia 620. Bought it off contract for $250 from expansis (I think that was the name). Imported, phone is from Puerto Rico. Was the cheapest WP at the time. Use straight talk wireless, $45 a month pay as you go, up to HSPA+.

Do you use MLB.TV? It would be horrible to have MLB.TV and no At Bat this whole time.
I mostly watch games at home through the many devices that can do mlb.tv. I haven't needed it on the phone that much. Although I did get a new job recently and it looks like I will need the radio for part of the games on the way home.

ToxicAdam

Indians fan(s)- why the fuck is Drew Stubbs always in the line-up when Raburn (who you just signed for two years) is much better?

Better D, speedy, doesn't get doubled up, excellent bunter.

I'm too lazy to look up their splits, but I'm sure that might play a factor also.

I think Indians management is under the idea that Raburn is better when he is used less. Even when he has been hot, they have found days to rest him.

Top Bottom