• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this upcoming series against the Tigers. 12 straight wins? Sounds to me like they're due for a cold streak! :D

Askani

Man. 15 of the last 20. This is insane. Even if we don't make it, this is one hell of a ride.

No doubt. I can't believe the run we've had. If we could replace, y'know, most of May...we'd be sitting pretty. At least we're making it interesting for sure. Sadly, 90 wins won't win the division, but I bet we get damn close to that number. How insane is that? And we don't really lose anything going into next season. Assuming nobody regresses too badly and we get an average start, we might actually be something next season too.

Our team dWar still blows my mind.

iBjUIA20UB3Gd.gif

JABEE

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inte...no-4-international-prospect-luis-encarnacion/

Baseball America said:
Dominican third baseman Luis Encarnacion became eligible to sign when he turned 16 at midnight. The Phillies struck quickly, signing Encarnacion for $1 million.

Enarnacion, the No. 4 international prospect for July 2, is one of the top hitters in Latin America. At 6-foot-2, 195 pounds, Enarnacion has a track record of hitting in games with plus raw power from the right side. His value is entirely in his offense, as he projects to move to left field or first base.

Phillies signing top Dominican Prospects.

Cards aren't beating anyone right now, and our GM doesn't seem to care enough to make any upgrades
Toughest stretch of the season is behind us, at least.

4-11 in 14 straight days against 4 of the best teams in the NL and half of those wins came against the one contending team who struggles against winning ballclubs just as much as us.

I get to go down on the field before the Reds-Padre game tonight. Hopefully I can get some cool photos and/or be on tv for a split second.

I haven't been to a game in 5 years+ but paid for box seats...I'll take it.

Doomsayer

Going to the game tonight... it'll be the first game I've gone to since we rallied down 6 against the Angels. Should be a good time, plus FIREWORKS!

BFIB

Toughest stretch of the season is behind us, at least.

4-11 in 14 straight days against 4 of the best teams in the NL and half of those wins came against the one contending team who struggles against winning ballclubs just as much as us.

Luckily, we are still 3.5 GB. A lot can happen now, but I'm glad this stretch is over.

Branduil

"I've got to tell you, with my experiences with Major League Baseball -- and after all of this, there's no chance I'm getting to buy a team -- it's basically become Bud Selig's mafia," Cuban said. "He runs it the way he wants to run it. They don't want me to own a team. When I was trying the buy the Rangers, even after the Cubs, when I was trying to buy the Texas Rangers, it was an open option.

Cuban telling it like it is. And keep in mind this a guy who's had to deal with David Stern.

alstein

He's got a point- but I do think Superstars need to be punished more harshly, as they are the ones who damage the game.

No one really cares that much if the 6th guy in the Pen or a utility infielder pops- it's the stars that drive the bad headlines.

One idea I have to solve this:
first-time steroid offense: you lose your service time for purposes of salary rights and your contract is voided. Suspension can stay 50 games.

second-time steroid offense: life

Another thing that would demotivate players is by voiding their access to a pension if they test positive. If you are dirty, you don't get the pension after 10 years of MLB service.

alstein

Another thing that would demotivate players is by voiding their access to a pension if they test positive. If you are dirty, you don't get the pension after 10 years of MLB service.

That might hurt folks who need it. I'm not inclined to go there. If marginal players dope, they're not going to turn into stars for the most part (unless they're Melky Cabrera- who is my least favorite player in MLB). It's the stars that damage the game , and the stars won't need a pension. Barry Bonds is doing alright for himself, A-Rod will as well, pension or no pension.

If some rookie dopes then eeks out an 11/12-yr career clean, he earned his second chance.

The Rangers have acquired Alex Rios from the White Sox in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations. The White Sox are sending $1 million to the Rangers in the deal.

Top Bottom