• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

RGVNOE

just turned it on we're already down 2 - 0, just by looking at them it already feels like a lost game. don't know why MO wont bring up Wong or Taveras, he should care more about winning games rather than holding them to give them a chance at ROY

Edit: 3 - 0, Wow this team is horrible

just turned it on we're already down 2 - 0, just by looking at them it already feels like a lost game. don't know why MO wont bring up Wong or Taveras, he should care more about winning games rather than holding them to give them a chance at ROY

Edit: 3 - 0, Wow this team is horrible
Wong has no where to play unless you intend to bench Freese. They're taking Taveras injury seriously enough not to rush him back.

If we lose this series, I can't imagine we'd be able to power our way through the Pirates/Reds/Pirates stretch so this is probably our best chance to make a run at the division title.

There isn't an eye roll big enough in the world.
bruce.jpg

You never heard of Matt Jones?

RGVNOE

Wong has no where to play unless you intend to bench Freese. They're taking Taveras injury seriously enough not to rush him back.

If we lose this series, I can't imagine we'd be able to power our way through the Pirates/Reds/Pirates stretch so this is probably our best chance to make a run at the division title.

look at him at a middle infielder not a 2nd baseman (Koz, and DD are both 2nd and they play SS) plus Wong is good enough to adjust to another position and he's already told the team he can play there if they need him

At the way they're playing they have no chance at the division title, hell they don't have a chance at wild card the way they're playing

3N16MA

Banned
There isn't an eye roll big enough in the world.

Harvey has him beat in K/9, BB/9, HR/9, FIP, xFIP, SIERA, FIP-, xFIP-, fWAR. There might be some overlap there but Harvey is out pitching Kerhsaw and the only thing holding him back is the limit that the Mets have placed on him.

Kershaw has had some luck as his batted ball rates are actually up but he has a very low BABIP which means some regression should be expected. He is getting hit harder than Harvey.

Kershaw will most likely win the Cy Young because of the limit placed on Harvey.

Ugh. Why am I a Jays fan? It's been almost twenty years of non-stop mediocrity, with a couple of years of outright terribleness (like this year!) thrown in for variety.

3N16MA

Banned
I could give a fuck about sabermetrics. If you want to include one of these goofy stats, Kershaw is notably above him in WAR (6.2 to 5.4).

rWAR not fWAR. fWAR puts on emphasis on FIP which correlates with what a pitcher can control. Not saying rWAR is garbage but just pointing it out.

You should give it a chance instead of tossing it aside.

3N16MA

Banned
Harvey - Yankee fan
Harper - Yankee fan
Trout - Jeter is his favourite player and he knows the Yanks wanted him on draft day

They will all sign with the Yanks.

Top Bottom