• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

rWAR not fWAR. fWAR puts on emphasis on FIP which correlates with what a pitcher can control. Not saying rWAR is garbage but just pointing it out.

You should give it a chance instead of tossing it aside.

Well for MVP, Kershaw has Harvey beat as he has been a better batter. Kershaw pitches deeper into games, has given up less triples, HR/9 is tied at 0.4 (very slightly in Harvey's favor), has better H/9, has hit less batters, has more assists, and has turned more double plays.

Strike outs don't matter to me that much. Harvey walking less batters is something definitely more relevant. Harvey giving up less doubles is also more relevant than strikeouts. Strikeouts are definitely preferred as they put less pressure on the defense, but not something to be concerned about.

3N16MA

Banned
Well for MVP, Kershaw has Harvey beat as he has been a better batter. Kershaw pitches deeper into games, has given up less triples, HR/9 is tied at 0.4 (very slightly in Harvey's favor), has better H/9, has hit less batters, has more assists, and has turned more double plays.

Strike outs don't matter to me that much. Harvey walking less batters is something definitely more relevant. Harvey giving up less doubles is also more relevant than strikeouts. Strikeouts are definitely preferred as they put less pressure on the defense, but not something to be concerned about.

Kershaw is averaging 0.1 innings more per start than Harvey. It's the limit the Mets have placed on him that will bring his inning totals down overall. Strike outs along with walks are the two most controllable aspects of the game for pitchers.

Sanjuro

Fuck. Almost had it.

i61hO7UToxt15.gif

look at him at a middle infielder not a 2nd baseman (Koz, and DD are both 2nd and they play SS) plus Wong is good enough to adjust to another position and he's already told the team he can play there if they need him

At the way they're playing they have no chance at the division title, hell they don't have a chance at wild card the way they're playing
I think the reports are that Kolten's arm isn't good enough for SS. Rangewise, he's okay. But I'm sure the organization doesn't think he's a SS option considering they haven't tried him there despite being blocked at 2B and our SS options suck.

But maybe we should bench Freese. Ugh.

Kershaw is averaging 0.1 innings more per start than Harvey. It's the limit the Mets have placed on him that will bring his inning totals down overall. Strike outs along with walks are the two most controllable aspects of the game for pitchers.

Sorry, but Strikeouts don't bother me that much when he's at 8.6 SO/9.. An out is an out. Maddux's highest SO/9 is 7.8.Walks is something I look at and I tip my hat to Harvey in that. Still, I mentioned that Harvey has hit 2 more batters than Kershaw. So although it's not a walk, it's still putting a batter on base.

3N16MA

Banned
Why did Kay said he had two Tommy John surgeries? In his wiki it only says that he had a ligament reinforcement procedure.

It's just Kay saying whatever he reads without doing any research.

MiLB.com: You had elbow surgery -- some reports have incorrectly said it was a Tommy John procedure. What exactly was done, and how difficult was the recovery? Did you ever worry about it ending your career?

Dellin Betances: I got the news in summer 2009 that I was going in for Tommy John surgery, that's what they told me. I went to Dr. [James] Andrews, they checked and when I came out, he told me ... it would be reconstructive [as opposed to typical Tommy John]. They repaired the ligament I had and added another one. When he told me the timetable was eight months, I said, 'Alright, that's not a year.' It kinda gave me confidence to know I was going to come back and not miss 2010.

RGVNOE

I think the reports are that Kolten's arm isn't good enough for SS. Rangewise, he's okay. But I'm sure the organization doesn't think he's a SS option considering they haven't tried him there despite being blocked at 2B and our SS options suck.

But maybe we should bench Freese. Ugh.

His arm shouldn't be an issue they had Eckstein there for 3 years I'm sure Wong has a better arm.

I wonder what they will do with Freese in the off-season

His arm shouldn't be an issue they had Eckstein there for 3 years I'm sure Wong has a better arm.

I wonder what they will do with Freese in the off-season
I guess the team doesn't want to go through that again lol. It's telling that Kolten hasn't been getting reps there when things are as they are. The Cards will probably keep Freese around for another season; can't see them non-tendering him so quickly but he's not getting any long term deals.

Top Bottom