• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Meier

Harvey is having a great year but he's not having a better one than Kershaw.

Dodgers run is ridiculous and I frankly am still in awe every night. What a season for Ryu. ROTY? Can't remember the last time Kenley gave up a run so props to the Mets for that!

Dodgers run is ridiculous and I frankly am still in awe every night. What a season for Ryu. ROTY? Can't remember the last time Kenley gave up a run so props to the Mets for that!
It's between him and Shelby Miller.

Act like you heard of Jose Fernandez.

Dragon

Banned

Harvey is having a better year than Kershaw in pretty much every statistical category...unless you give a shit about ERA.

Enron

Banned
Just saw that Matt Harrison has been shut down for the year....

on the one hand, it sucks. Two starting pitchers not coming back. Ogando in the rotation.

on the other hand...I have always believed Harrison to be a fraud and that he fucking sucks. Fuck matt harrison.

Branduil

The Astros bullpen actually held on... and all it took was a 4-run lead and slightly foul ball.

Just saw that Matt Harrison has been shut down for the year....

on the one hand, it sucks. Two starting pitchers not coming back. Ogando in the rotation.

on the other hand...I have always believed Harrison to be a fraud and that he fucking sucks. Fuck matt harrison.

Fraud Matt Harrison is still several times the pitcher that Ogando is.

rekameohs

Banned
Pirates are done. 10-34 the rest of the way to finish 80-82. Calling it right now.

iCl91Yk.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Fuckin Marte costing us the game, should be a 3 game lead still on the Cards, but now we're in a 4 game slide going into a game against Shelby Miller. Liriano better shake off his last start

FIP, xFIP, etc mean jack and shit when one guy's ERA is 1.88. If the season ended right now, the Cy Young voting would probably be almost unanimous.

Not like Harvey ERA that much higher rofl

Enron

Banned
The Astros bullpen actually held on... and all it took was a 4-run lead and slightly foul ball.

Fraud Matt Harrison is still several times the pitcher that Ogando is.

Ogando isn't a starter. He's a dynamite reliever who is being forced to perform as a starter and his pitch repertoire is ill-suited for it. Matt Harrison is a complete fraud all the way 'round

Meier

This comment on a new ESPN article filled with saber shit about Paul Goldschmidt cracked me up:

Can anybody tell me who the all-time MLB leader is in ground rule doubles that occur, pre seventh inning stretch in the bottom half of the inning, during day games following a loss by the home team? I'd like a pre and post end of the Cold War answer please.

Glad I have this guy on my fantasy team. I knew he'd have a great season.

Alright, last night was a shit game. No score through 9, then a loss in the 10th. Tribe back in front of us by .003. HAVE to win this day game and go to the FIVE GAME SERIES in Detroit with some momentum. Getting smacked down in that series will end the 2013 surprise playoff run. Winning 3 or 4 (or 5 lol) confirms it. Starting tomorrow, the Royals win or die.

Thank God. Bonifacio is terrible: can't hit, lousy in the field, great speed but terrible baserunning instincts. For some reason, I really, really hope the PTBNL is Johnny Giavotella...he may not be great, but he can't be any worse than anyone else the Jays have had at 2B this year.

And as a bonus, the Jays have called up Kevin Pillar.

3N16MA

Banned
I really hate my facebook. I've been in a 37 min argument about the AL Cy Young and how Scherzer shouldn't get it.

But he wins like a lot of those games. He has like 25? wins and you can't dispute the wins.

FIP, xFIP, etc mean jack and shit when one guy's ERA is 1.88. If the season ended right now, the Cy Young voting would probably be almost unanimous.

That 2.23 ERA that Harvey has is just so bad.

Elaborate cameras will need to be set up at every ballpark, particularly on the outfield walls.

A monitoring system will need to be established so umpiring crews can check replays with the New York office — likely with a major league umpiring crew standing by — to determine whether the call on the field will stand.

It's yet to be settled whether managers will be allowed to issue replay challenges, like in the NFL, with a maximum of three replays for each manager a game.

And, oh, yeah, it will be costly.

The start-up fee will be $25 million to $40 million, an MLB executive with knowledge of the plan told USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly while negotiations were ongoing.
FUCK THE UMPS
FUCK THE UMPS
FUCK THE UMPS

Top Bottom