• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

If I was a Dodgers fan, I would be concerned about Yasiel Puig going into the postseason. I don't know what the hell he was thinking running on that play. In a 5 or 7 game series, these kind of dumb plays can have huge effects.

he doesn't seem to have the greatest baseball IQ. I have heard that in Cuba the players are taught to play balls out like that and not give a fuck about making a mistake or an out so it probably comes from that.

If I was a Dodgers fan, I would be concerned about Yasiel Puig going into the postseason. I don't know what the hell he was thinking running on that play. In a 5 or 7 game series, these kind of dumb plays can have huge effects.

Puig's not playing every game in postseason...Once Kemp comes back he's platooning with either Crawford or Ethier

JABEE

he doesn't seem to have the greatest baseball IQ. I have heard that in Cuba the players are taught to play balls out like that and not give a fuck about making a mistake or an out so it probably comes from that.
Is it easy to beat out those throws in Cuban leagues or is it just about not giving a damn?

How can you not play him every day if he keeps OBP'ing over .900?

Ok he's starting the game. Pinch runner in the 7th when it counts. Bonehead plays like that puts him worse in the dog house. But we'll see when Kemp comes back

E: those cheese steaks look yummy. Damn I need to go check out Philly again

Gonzo, Hanley, or Uribe will talk to him. They're his buddies so I'm sure right as he went back to the dugout he got chewed out for it.

They don't call him the wild horse for nothin'. He's got a lot of learning to do .

20130817-111124.jpg

New York Mets
1) Eric Young Jr LF
2) Daniel Murphy 2B
3) Marlon Byrd RF
4) Ike Davis 1B
5) Wilmer Flores 3B
6) Travis d’Arnaud C
7) Juan Lagares CF
8) Omar Quintanilla SS
9) Jenrry Mejia RHP

San Diego Padres