• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

HEY HEY HEY HEY

royallion.jpg

(Exactly one month since our last home win o_o )

I turned off the radio with 1st and 2nd and no outs because I'd just gotten home. Finally get a chance to check the score now and it's 7-1? Fuck. Good job, bullpen.

Oh, good job Beltran though!

And fuck it, Pirates and Reds already lost anyway. Haha, suckers!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Don't understand how Detroit hasn't run away with our division yet. They should be like 20 game ahead of everyone.
They have a terrible defense and a mediocre bullpen. They have a pretty decent starting rotation and some good hitters. I'd be surprised if they won more than 90 games.

They're a great team for playoff baseball, just a good team over the course of the year.

MiKeD

Banned
They have a terrible defense and a mediocre bullpen. They have a pretty decent starting rotation and some good hitters. I'd be surprised if they won more than 90 games.

They're a great team for playoff baseball, just a good team over the course of the year.

Yea, but our whole division is just hot garbage most of the time and their defense isn't 'terrible'. They have the least amount of errors together with Minny in the division and both are top 5 in the majors in fielding percentage.

Cleto's ERA 33.75 to start the ninth.
Went down to 19.29 to end the ninth.
Those numbers don't belong on MLB roster.
Luckily, this was a perfect storm of a rainout doubleheader pushing the rotation back a day combined with the long extra inning game the night before. Let's hope injuries don't necessitate Cleto or Marte pitching for the Cards again this season (if at all).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, but our whole division is just hot garbage most of the time and their defense isn't 'terrible'. They have the least amount of errors together with Minny in the division and both are top 5 in the majors in fielding percentage.
The Twins have a pretty lousy defense too. It's hard to make errors when you don't have the range to get to the ball.

mohuerta

Cleto Marte and Boggs need to be gone from the organization. As long they keep them even in AAA, they will keep bringing them up and costing the team wins.

JABEE

More Steroid News
Major League Baseball has been wheeling and dealing in the name of integrity.
The Daily News reported Wednesday that baseball was concerned Bosch might turn to players for financial help if MLB didn’t lock him into an agreement to testify.

“They were afraid someone else would pay him,” said the source. “Bosch is the only guy that can provide them with what they need.”

Bosch is expected to provide MLB with enough dirt to suspend Rodriguez and nearly two dozen other players, sources familiar with the Biogenesis case have told The News, including Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun, who has had a target on his back since he successfully appealed a positive drug test last year.
Among the benefits Bosch will reportedly get for his cooperation is Baseball's intervention in any potential legal actions from the various law enforcement organizations who might be interested in what he has to say when he sings about all the performance enhancing drugs he provided players.

http://deadspin.com/report-a-rod-refuses-to-give-bosch-money-bosch-cuts-d-511597230

The story is taken from the New York Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...cuts-deal-mlb-article-1.1364586#ixzz2VPXMyQGn

The problem with the Astros is that out of all the halfway decent players they traded away, all of them were bad trades except for Pence. They haven't had much upper minor league talent because of this.

( moved out of CFB GAF to respond )

I agree. I stopped paying attention to the Astros almost completely 3 years removed from their world series run in 2006, and it wasn't because I was a fairweather fan, it was because the GM kept thinking we still had a chance to be competitive if we traded "X" amount of prospects for a slugger. Once we ran out of prospects to trade, our team still wasn't good enough to be competitive which sealed our teams demise. Then, FINALLY they began trading away our better hitters/pitchers for prospects. Honestly, it was a process they should have begun 4 years earlier than they did, but our GM refused to cut his losses and accept our fate. Now our farm system is finally back where it needs to be, so when the time is right, we'll bring up our best prospects and then maybe trade a handfull of those prospects for an ace pitcher and a high % slugger or two to complete our roster. THEN we will be competitive. Hopefully the wins start rolling in around 2015, and then by 2016 we're fighting with the Rangers for the AL West Crown :D

Supposedly Bosch asked A-Rod to help him cover his legal bills and A-Rod told him to get lost. That prompted Bosch to give up and cooperate with MLB.

Supposedly Bosch asked A-Rod to help him cover his legal bills and A-Rod told him to get lost. That prompted Bosch to give up and cooperate with MLB.

So instead of giving this guy some money, he is going to lose over half his salary this year? What a fucking moron. I wish MLB could use the fact that he confessed to using steroids before to give him a lifetime ban.

Top Bottom