• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Link

The Autumn Wind
Night gents, long time lurker decided to post today cause of that salami.

Padres fan ( which is why I hardly post haha)
That's no excuse. I'm a Mets fan and I'm...

*checks*

The top poster in this thread? Wtf?!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
holy shit this article is awesome

http://deadspin.com/the-mostly-sexless-sex-scandal-that-shook-espn-511543801

about the steve phillips scandel
Throughout the day, Bristol dealt with two crises that were unfolding simultaneously: 1) The Phillips-Hundley scandal; and 2) Deadspin's running "ESPN Horndog Dossier." One particularly freaked-out anchor phoned Daulerio that afternoon, asking if his name had come up at all and offering to trade gossip in exchange for keeping him off the site. He was calling, he told Daulerio, from under his desk. Three posts in all were published that day. In one of them, Daulerio revealed that two executives were having an affair. The day was only getting worse, and ESPN still had to figure out what to do with Phillips and Hundley.
lol

Really hoping Matt Kemp isn't named as one of the juicers.

I want to believe that he'll recapture his (almost) MVP form, but it hasn't looked good. He's like post-surgery Shawn Green right now.

sangreal

Chien-Ming Wang has exercised his opt-out clause with the Yankees and will be signing a Major League deal with the Blue Jays.

damn, he was doing pretty well in AAA. Surprised it took this long for him to find a major league deal

Never really had a chance to break into the Yankees mlb roster though with the way the other AAA pitchers stepped up

Really hoping Matt Kemp isn't named as one of the juicers.

I want to believe that he'll recapture his (almost) MVP form, but it hasn't looked good. He's like post-surgery Shawn Green right now.
If he was he would've been outed by now. Besides from the way he's been playing lately, if he was on the juice he should be asking for his money back.

Enron

Banned
I just saw the update to the Chris Perez story. Turns out it really is his pot, and it was mailed in his DOG'S name. ah hahahaha.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...d-marijuana-possession-package-175550484.html

So that story about Cleveland Indians closer Chris Perez getting marijuana mailed to his house? It just got one thousand times better. It turns out the pot was delivered in the name of Perez's dog. Well, if that ain't a stoner move.
Perez and his wife Melanie have been officially charged with fourth-degree misdemeanor marijuana possession, after their rental home in Rocky River, Ohio was searched earlier this week and a package of marijuana was seized by local police, U.S. postal inspectors and a narcotics unit.
Now that the charges are official, we're hearing more details, the most amusing of which is the dog tidbit. The package in question — which reportedly contained nine ounces of marijuana — was addressed to Brody Baum. According to The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Brody is the family dog's name and Baum is Melanie Perez's maiden name.
More from The Plain Dealer:
Police said they searched the house after officials at the Rocky River post office said they discovered two packages that smelled like marijuana. After a police dog indicated there could be an illegal substance in them, law enforcement got a search warrant.
Inside one of the Priority Mail packages mailed from Los Angeles was 6.2 ounces of marijuana concealed in four separate Ziplock bags, which were in two containers wrapped in a shirt, according to the postal inspector report. The second package had 3.45 ounces in two Ziplock bags, two containers and wrapped in a white towel. The bags were coated in Vaseline, the report said ...
The undercover officer asked Melanie Perez if the packages were meant for that address and was told that they were for the dog, the report said.
According to an Associated Press report, Perez — who is currently on the disabled list with a shoulder injury — admitted to authorities that he had marijuana in the home for personal use and showed them two mason jars containing pot.

(Getty Images)
The Perezes issued a statement through their attorney Friday which said they'd be pleading not-guilty to charges:
"My clients Chris and Melanie Perez are facing low level misdemeanor possession charges. These are accusations only. We want to remind people, especially the media, that they have not been found guilty of any crime. They will be entering not guilty pleas. We ask that people not rush to judgment. We are confident of a favorable outcome. In the meantime, Chris and Melanie ask that their family's privacy be respected. Chris is eager to return his focus to his team and his family."
Cleveland Indians general manager Chris Antonetti issued the following statement Friday, via WOIO:
"Clearly, we take these matters seriously and are disappointed whenever there is any negative attention brought to the Indians organization or one of our players. We understand and respect that there is an ongoing legal process that we will allow to evolve."
Perez and his wife were released on their recognizance, but have a court hearing on June 19.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
TIME TO REVIVE THE WANG JOKES

I just came to post this! It's really happening, Toronto will have Dickey, Johnson and Wang as starting pitchers!

Link

The Autumn Wind
I just came to post this! It's really happening, Toronto will have Dickey, Johnson and Wang as starting pitchers!
That is one solid rotation. Those guys can stand up to any competition. The fans there must be swollen with excitement.

Penis.

3N16MA

Banned
@jondenney26: I'm so happy to be an official Red Sox baseball player in their organization thank you friends and family for the support!

Sox drafted Denney with the 81st pick. If they get him to sign that is a steal that late considering most had him in the top 25.

verbum

That is one solid rotation. Those guys can stand up to any competition. The fans there must be swollen with excitement.

Penis.

Being Toronto and having those pitchers means anything that works will be used in progressively more challenging situations until it fails.

Peter principle.

jakncoke

Banned
Forgot who asked this, but i guess im wrong. Its rumored that there is a high chance that Cole debuts Tuesday

Pat Fitzgerald terrible at singing

3N16MA

Banned
Forgot who asked this, but i guess im wrong. Its rumored that there is a high chance that Cole debuts Tuesday

Pat Fitzgerald terrible at singing

He still isn't striking out a lot of hitters but he has pitched well and is bringing his walk rate down. He had one bad game a few starts back but that was just an off game.

Malo

Banned
Yankees drafted Paul O'Neill's nephew Michael O'Neill with their third round pick.

Here's to hoping he's at least half as good as his uncle.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Congratulations to Red Sox fans. The kid you drafted in the first round, Trey Ball, is incredibly talented. Throws 92-94, with nice movement. He also has a plus changeup and a rapidly improving curveball. I've seen him throw probably 20 times over the past couple of years, and considering his size, he still has MPH to grow into. I'd expect him to be 95-97 by the time he gets to the big leagues. He also has excellent control. You got a really good one...

jakncoke

Banned
woot we win :) fuck the cubs

He still isn't striking out a lot of hitters but he has pitched well and is bringing his walk rate down. He had one bad game a few starts back but that was just an off game.

Yeah I read piratesprospects.com nearly daily and seen his ass reaming game not long ago lol

Top Bottom