• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Parch

C'mon Sportsnet. Since when does the Blue Jay game take a backseat to the friggin' Yankees. At least put the game on SN1.

Wait, Hunter Pence was hit by a ball and called out, but then they showed the rules that said when a runner is hit by a batted ball the batter takes first and runners are advanced if forced. So why was he called out?

I'll fully admit that I'm not a baseball expert in the slightest.

sangreal

Wait, Hunter Pence was hit by a ball and called out, but then they showed the rules that said when a runner is hit by a batted ball the batter takes first and runners are advanced if forced. So why was he called out?

I'll fully admit that I'm not a baseball expert in the slightest.
I didn't see the play, but it sounds like they only showed the subsection

7.08 Any runner is out when—
f) He is touched by a fair ball in fair territory before the ball has touched or passed an
infielder. The ball is dead and no runner may score, nor runners advance, except
runners forced to advance. EXCEPTION: If a runner is touching his base when
touched by an Infield Fly, he is not out, although the batter is out;

harSon

Banned
Somebody needs to punch Hurdle in the throat.

Also, the Pirates are likely going to go on a slide. 4/5ths of the rotation we came into the season with are injured due to Burnett being placed on the DL :/ And it's not like we've been getting by on our offense.

Edit: Zagurski has to be the worst person to ever pitch in baseball.

Top Bottom