• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB SHOW 09 GAF "Take me out to the ballpark" League

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
im out,sorry guys.

any of the vets want to know why,read the ps3 ncaa football thread.

good luck with this league bob or whoever runs it

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
im out,sorry guys.

any of the vets want to know why,read the ps3 ncaa football thread.

good luck with this league bob or whoever runs it
I'll help Bob run it, man i hope things get better for you bro.

DCX

Core407

Banned
eznark said:
just sent you a friend request. How does voice chat work this year?

Yeah, got it. Sorry, was in my first game and managed to win!

Zambrano hit a homerun to make it 1-0, then Lee hit a 2 run shot to make it 3-0. Opponent made some bonehead moves on defense and gave up 1 run so it was 3-1. Then I managed to get runners on 1st and 3rd and Kotchman hit a dinger dead center to make it 4-3. Got another run on a base hit to make it 5-3. Lee hit his 2nd of the night though so it was 5-4 and then Jones just clobbered one to dead center to make it 6-4 and thats how it ended. :D Not much lag in this game, just some pauses here and there but definitely a good start.

Mrbob

I was browsing at some league setups, and there will be a ton of games to play with 16 people. I don't know if we want to go much higher.

Looking at setting up 3 game series (I could only see 1 or 3....didn't see the option for two!) and I would like to set it up where you play two series against division opponents and then one against everyone else outside your division. I think it came up to 15 weeks total (with 5 days between series...we could do 7 days instead) and 90 games. :lol

I think that may be somewhat overkill, as I think we should get the games played to at least half. So I might have to cut it down to 1 divison series. I just wanted to give the option of each division opponent hosting a home series.

I do not believe we can set up leagues for another 12 days anyway. Everyone who is interested in the league post your online performance in this thread. Quality of games seem to be up and down like last season, and if there are still a ton of traffic delay errors and lag it might not be worthwhile to invest our time into a full season. Work patch work!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
I was browsing at some league setups, and there will be a ton of games to play with 16 people. I don't know if we want to go much higher.

Looking at setting up 3 game series (I could only see 1 or 3....didn't see the option for two!) and I would like to set it up where you play two series against division opponents and then one against everyone else outside your division. I think it came up to 15 weeks total (with 5 days between series...we could do 7 days instead) and 90 games. :lol

I think that may be somewhat overkill, as I think we should get the games played to at least half. So I might have to cut it down to 1 divison series. I just wanted to give the option of each division opponent hosting a home series.

I do think we can set up leagues anyway for another 12 days, and I still need to get in more online matches to qualify. Everyone who is interested in the league post your online performance in this thread. Quality of games seem to be up and down like last season, and if there are still a ton of traffic delay errors and lag it might not be worthwhile to invest our time into a full season. Work patch work!
I'm getting the game sent to me, should be here by the weekend if not monday.

DCX

I called Mets 3 days ago but I don't see my name on the list...

Also do you have a ballpark time when the league will start/who the commishes will be? I was thinking of waiting until Opening Day because the Roster Update will be legit by then. Because of this I was planning to wait like 3 weeks before I bought the game.

Mrbob

I'll give it a shot. Hopefully you can have multiple commishes per league....

League won't start for at least two more weeks anyway. Sony doesn't unlock them until 14 days after the game is out.

Core407

Banned
If OS doesn't play in the league cause of his lag issues, I'm going to take the Braves back and someone else can have the Marlins if they want em.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Since they don't turn the lights on at Turner Field for night games, I have decided not to play this game EVER. Have the Braves, Core. And bring a flashlight.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
DenogginizerOS said:
Since they don't turn the lights on at Turner Field for night games, I have decided not to play this game EVER. Have the Braves, Core. And bring a flashlight.
I am playing a game at Turner Field right now, the lights are on. Its single player though, is it different online?

Core407

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

I know you were complaining about lag. Have you tried going to a lobby game instead of a quick match? It might be worth a shot.

DenogginizerOS

Core407 said:
I know you were complaining about lag. Have you tried going to a lobby game instead of a quick match? It might be worth a shot.
Yes. And seeing that you can't sort people based on connection quality, going to a lobby is just as much a crap shoot as doing a quick game.

Good luck, guys, but you heard it hear first - this league is doomed. Save yourself the frustration and just enjoy RTTS if anything. :lol

DenogginizerOS

Windu said:
I am playing a game at Turner Field right now, the lights are on. Its single player though, is it different online?

The lights don't cast shadows on the field. The lights are on but they aren't on.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow they actually have my last name programmed into the game. My full name can be announced in RTTS

Awesome

Core407

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Yes. And seeing that you can't sort people based on connection quality, going to a lobby is just as much a crap shoot as doing a quick game.

Good luck, guys, but you heard it hear first - this league is doomed. Save yourself the frustration and just enjoy RTTS if anything. :lol

Every single game I've played in a lobby has had a great connection rating. Do you have a NAT2 connection?

CzarTim

Is there still time to sign up? I probably won't be able to get the game until next week or the week after at the latest (I'm waiting for some Amazon Trade-ins to go through.)

I have an open schedule so I can play anytime.

Mrbob

Yeah just sign in and we'll work from there. Not everyone who originally signed up are playing anyway so I'll have to try and figure it all out.

DCX

DCX
i'm sure we'll have a league. Even if it's just 12 players...i hope 16, maybe 20 even. The thing is people are waiting to get the game ( i'm looking at you Amazon ) and some are waiting for opening day rosters etc. The League will go as planed!

DCX

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AndresON777 - eastern time zone

Braves, I can pick someone else if we have a league but I do live in Atlanta lol

Is Garret Anderson in the game yet, I'm installing it right now

Core407

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
AndresON777 - eastern time zone

Braves, I can pick someone else if we have a league but I do live in Atlanta lol

Is Garret Anderson in the game yet, I'm installing it right now

Yeah, I got the Braves. Sorry, man. Feel free to take the Marlins though.

CzarTim

I got the game, I think I'll take the Reds since the Braves are taken ;). Is there something to sign-up now? Or is it not set-up yet?

Core407

Banned
czartim said:
I got the game, I think I'll take the Reds since the Braves are taken ;). Is there something to sign-up now? Or is it not set-up yet?

Not up yet, have to wait 14 days from release date before leagues can be made.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll take Tampa Bay.

By the way, my schedule is kind of ridiculous. I work 6AM to 6PM then M, W I go to the gym at 7 get home around 9. Tuesday I take classes from 7-9 get home around 10. Friday of course is party time. ;p

Core407

Banned
Wow, this game has some serious hit detection issues. Guy from 3rd charges home on a sharp groundball to Kotchman. Kotchman throws home, McCann braces for impact and the runner from 3rd literally PASSES THROUGH HIM and is called SAFE. What a dumb game.

Sanjuro

Core407 said:
Wow, this game has some serious hit detection issues. Guy from 3rd charges home on a sharp groundball to Kotchman. Kotchman throws home, McCann braces for impact and the runner from 3rd literally PASSES THROUGH HIM and is called SAFE. What a dumb game.
That sounds like a lag issue. I've noticed the game compensates a bit in terms of the base running and the actual contact with the bat. I've had mixed experiences to this point.

Core407

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
That sounds like a lag issue. I've noticed the game compensates a bit in terms of the base running and the actual contact with the bat. I've had mixed experiences to this point.

Yeah, guy felt like he was lagging. Should have just quit in the 1st.

DCX

DCX
Got the game, played two innings love it so far, i'll be around tonight to actually gets a game or two in. DCXgaf is my PSN, hit me up!

DCX

czartim said:
Hmm, Reds suck. Can we get an updated list to see whose got which team? I may want to trade up.
I was about to post this. However Online League is about 2 more weeks away AT LEAST. I'm thinking a first week of April start date but it's up to Mrbob/whomever else is comish.

Also can I be the official Drug/Steroids Czar for the League?

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:
I was about to post this. However Online League is about 2 more weeks away AT LEAST. I'm thinking a first week of April start date but it's up to Mrbob/whomever else is comish.

What? Online leagues can be made 2 weeks after the games release so next Tuesday...? If Denog is still out of it, I got ATL.

CzarTim

The Frankman said:
I'm the only Czar in this league. :p

And either way, I want to figure out which team I'll be soon so I can start a Franchise to familiarize myself with the players.

Core407 said:
What? Online leagues can be made 2 weeks after the games release so next Tuesday...? If Denog is still out of it, I got ATL.
Yeah but a lot of people are waiting until the official Opening Day Roster Update to buy it. As it is still no Manny on Dodgers and other stuff.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Frankman said:
Yeah but a lot of people are waiting until the official Opening Day Roster Update to buy it. As it is still no Manny on Dodgers and other stuff.
Roster update the other day put Manny on the dodgers.

Top Bottom