• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB SHOW 09 GAF "Take me out to the ballpark" League

Mrbob

I'm going to be gone all day tommorrow and into midday sunday. With PSN down I won't be able to get any more games in tonight.

I also think online is similar to last year where there is less lag in night games versus day games. I recommend all league games to be played at night so it is a better online experience for everyone.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'm going to be gone all day tommorrow and into midday sunday. With PSN down I won't be able to get any more games in tonight.

I also think online is similar to last year where there is less lag in night games versus day games. I recommend all league games to be played at night so it is a better online experience for everyone.

PSN is down? Damn. I was about to try for a game of MLB 09. Anyways, on the whole issue of lag. This might just be the insanity but when I enabled Music Mode in the audio/video settings during a game, I could swear my game got a little less laggy. I' also think that the lag isn't due to internet latency but rather differences in loading of the game between people. Every time I have a pause because of lag during a game, my system disc makes a noise like a file is being read. Sounds stupid, I know. Anyways, only downside to turning on music mode is that there is no commentary. You just hear your background music being played through the stadium's p.a. system and the actual sound effects from the game. Also, crowd noise is gone. It makes playing weird because you don't hear the counts and what-not.

Edit: I'm on PSN, it's fine. Online ID is Runner45 - send an invite if you want a game.

Edit: Can't get into the online, damn PSN.

Mrbob

I still have one more game to play before I can create a league...need to get some sleep now. Sign ups won't happen now till Sunday night. Might be for the best though, big roster update coming march 23 should wait till after it goes live before we start the league.

I checked if Operation Sports has a slider tweak for the gameplay like they give for Madden 09... I'm familiar with this guys' work analyzing the horrible "Robo QB" Madden 09 settings and re-working them to give competitive gameplay, and they worked for me. I'd give his slider settings a try for MLB 09 also:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru.../300603-blzers-all-star-sliders-settings.html

These sliders can also be found on SportsConnect online, titled Blzers All-Star Sliders.

The Human part of them look interesting...

Sanjuro

Core407 said:
Is the league going up tonight or until spring training is over?
I doubt there will be a league as MLB clearly will just be a fad until the WBC game comes out. REAL baseball.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guys, I am going to bail out. Stadium's done but I got my own project and I need to do a terrific job so I'll be sinking a lot of time into it. I'm already getting home at 9:30-10PM Monday through Wednesday and going straight to bed, so it won't be fair to whoever has to play me.

If anyone would like to play online exhibition games though, I am in.

Mrbob

I still need to get my 10th game in.....been gone all weekend. Now I'm back and I might not be able to play till tommorrow night.

Also want to make sure everyone who wants to play will play. I don't want to start it and have people bailing out. I need to lock down a definitive list of players.

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
I still need to get my 10th game in.....been gone all weekend. Now I'm back and I might not be able to play till tommorrow night.

Also want to make sure everyone who wants to play will play. I don't want to start it and have people bailing out. I need to lock down a definitive list of players.
I'm still in. We are like best friends now. I spend an entire day in Chicago's Midway and became a true Cubs fan by eating at the Harry Caray's Seventh Inning Stretch. Besides the sarcasm that was the best fucking airport meal I've ever had.

Mrbob

Awesome jrman is still in!

I still need to set up the league. Now that I have enough games under my belt to create it I will do so in the next day or so. I know people are ready to start. You can have the Rays too since Wellington can't play anymore.

New thread will go up when the league goes live.

To help me out can you guys post the following information....I'll start:

GAF Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Aim Name (Preferred but Optional)

Mrbob | MrBob2k7 | Cubs | Central | mrbob2k1

I'll put all this information into the first post of the new thread so it makes it easier for everyone to get in contact with each other to get your games in.

Sanjuro

My Info.

SanjuroTsubaki | SanjuroTsubaki | Boston Red Sox | Eastern | sanjuromifune

Lets get this rolling. I'm looking to play a game later if anyone is interested.

Core407

Banned

Core407 | Runner45 | Bravos | Eastern | CelineDionsMuff

Tedesco!

Tedesco! | tedesco_13 | Reds | Central | LevyMedia

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Corran Horn | Corran | SF Giants | Pacific | CorranFFXI

DCX

DCX

DCX -DCXgaf - NYY - Est - DreamcastKC

DCX

The Frankman | TheFrankman86 | Mets | Eastern | TheFrankman86

LJ11

LJ11 | LJ11 | Marlins | Eastern | LJ11370

Dez

GAF Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Aim Name

Dez | dezed | Toronto Blue Jays | EST | icq# 4065341 (i don't have AIM but you can use that)

Mrbob

Ok league is up....about to start sending out invites.

I set it for 16 people...we have 14 signed up so far here including me so we need two more.

Also, it looks like you won't have a choice what division you go in between american league and national league divisions I set up. It automatically put me in the American league with the cubs! :lol

Be on the look out in game now for your invite!

Mrbob

Ok, I got most invites sent out but...not everyone was showing up.

I need you guys to manually add me to the game...if you haven't gone online in the game either I can't send you an invite! Here are the people I still need to sign in:

LJ11
Frankman
Dez
DCX

Mrbob

I got Dez in...he was able to choose what division to be in.

Unfortunately I had no choice so the Cubs will be playing the AL this season. :lol

It really doesn't matter since I set it up so everyone plays one series against their opponent. We just need to make sure the leagues are even.

45 games in 10 weeks. 3 games in 5 days. Lets get this thing going!

aight, im all set. for a second there, I was tempted to take my yankees but I held myself together :D

theoretically, we could play all 3 games of a series in one day, right?

CzarTim

Fuck. I had a brain fart; I accidentally chose the Reds, not quiet sure how that happened. Can you change my team for me? Or kick me out so I can rejoin? My bad, sorry. /facepalm.gif

So according to us who posted our aim names and such, there's one more unclaimed spot in the league, but I checked the most recent list on page 4 and there are three people who haven't posted their aim names . . .

and such

Edit: which means two people will get left out. unless they already confirmed that they weren't playing somewhere else??

Mrbob

I decided to err on the side of caution....I can't change the number of players once the league starts so I choose 16. Didn't want to commit to 18 if people weren't going to join up.

GQ I sent you a league invite.

Czartim I need more than 8 people signed in before I can drop you according to the game. So I should be able to drop you then and you can rejoin. Who knows if the function works....half of them were broken last year. :/

Worse comes to worse, I will just restart the league and send out invites again if we have more than 16 people who truly want to play.

Mrbob

Pistolpete I sent out invites to everyone who posted their information in this thread. Chris Goldstein now posted his information in the other thread. Once Frankman, LJ, and DCX sign into sportsconnect and I send them a game invite that will make us an even 16.

Lets move all the discussion to the other thread now since it is the league thread.

Top Bottom