• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB SHOW 09 GAF "Take me out to the ballpark" League

eznark

Banned
Mrbob, I'm out. I said that last week I think. With the wedding and moving and everything I don't want to hold up the league with stuff that I know will keep me from playing for weeks at a time.

Mrbob

Don't know about the divisions yet. Depends on the teams.

Current list:

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
LJ11 - Mets?
Macattk15 - ?
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals

Macattk15 you playing?

Mrbob said:
Don't know about the divisions yet. Depends on the teams.

Current list:

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
Macattk15 - ?
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
Fixed. If you recall LJ11 gave me the Mets on Page 1.
LJ11 said:
I'm in as well, I'll yield the Mets to Frank if he wants them.

Mrbob

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Macattk15 - ?
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels

Macattk15,let me know if you are still playing and what team you want!

Also, anyone else wants to play let me know!

Macattk15

Mrbob said:
MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Macattk15 - ?
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels

Macattk15,let me know if you are still playing and what team you want!

Also, anyone else wants to play let me know!

Nah I'll bow out. I can't see myself playing any other team ... I hate em all!

Mrbob

I'll put you in reserve in case DM is a flaker and doesn't play. :D

Updated list!

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
hukasmokincaterpillar - Tigers

We have 17 at the moment...need an even number!

charsace

Mrbob said:
I'll put you in reserve in case DM is a flaker and doesn't play. :D

Updated list!

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels

We have 17 at the moment...need an even number!
Buy me a ps3 and I am down!

Mrbob

Chars you can get MLB 09 free w/ PS3 this week at best buy!

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
sext0n - Twins

Ok this is 17...need one more!

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
Chars you can get MLB 09 free w/ PS3 this week at best buy!

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Cardinals
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
sext0n - Twins

Ok this is 17...need one more!
With him switching, preferably we get one more NL ball club and we have two even divisions to go.

NL
MrBob - Da Cubs
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
GQman - Dodgers

AL
DCX - Yankees
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Indians
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
sext0n - Twins

Tedesco!

I'm in if you still need a team. I'll take Cincinnati. PSN: Tedesco_13

edit - Quick question: Do we need to be able to communicate during the game? I don't have a blue tooth headset.

Is this going to be a Live Draft League? I would be down if we did that. Live is fun and a fantasy draft of teams would be interesting.

Mrbob

No fantasy draft...sorry.

I'll look into tonight to see if leagues are up. I can try to set something up by the weekend, or we can wait for opening day rosters first. Let me know!

Also, Veteran versus All Star, let me know! Since the game is still relatively fresh for everyone, it might be too big of a jump to all star right away. I've played many competitive games on veteran....I'm worried if we bump it up to all star could have many 1 to 0 games as it seems like hitting is tougher yet. Everyone in the league, give me your input on the topic!

CzarTim

Mrbob said:

I'll look into tonight to see if leagues are up. I can try to set something up by the weekend, or we can wait for opening day rosters first. Let me know!

Also, Veteran versus All Star, let me know! Since the game is still relatively fresh for everyone, it might be too big of a jump to all star right away. I've played many competitive games on veteran....I'm worried if we bump it up to all star could have many 1 to 0 games as it seems like hitting is tougher yet. Everyone in the league, give me your input on the topic!
I vote All Star. I think with human error it should even out.

Mrbob said:

I have a feeling we'd actually get more MLB GAFfers if we did a draft first, at least that's a feeling I get. But I'm fine w/ no draft. I'll be open for the league past March 23th.
I am playing a crapton of demo games w/ different settings (Veteran, All-Star; Batting/Pitching views; Guess Pitch on/off). The one thing I notice is you see a bit more realism in the nuances of the game on AS that make it a bit tougher... I don't care either way, but I'll try and write it up on a post later.

Mrbob

Oh you don't have a PS3 yet?

I guess we can't start till next week anyway since I'll need everyone to sign up in game.

Mrbob said:
Oh you don't have a PS3 yet?

I guess we can't start till next week anyway since I'll need everyone to sign up in game.
Who me? I have a PS3; just not the game. I've been playing the downloaded demo.

Sanjuro

I wouldn't be very interested in having a draft to be quite honest.

People need to get motivated or this will most likely fail, I could even see reducing the number of teams and games for a first season. Judging by those results and the upcoming hype from the ongoing baseball season it should give us a greater indicator what we can do for the following. I'm also slightly confused why this normally happens to mainly the MLB online leagues and not to much with the others.

Dez

is there that the ridiculous requirement of having to play 10 online games or whatever it was to join a league? if so, i should get going :/

SanjuroTsubaki said:
People need to get motivated or this will most likely fail, I could even see reducing the number of teams and games for a first season. Judging by those results and the upcoming hype from the ongoing baseball season it should give us a greater indicator what we can do for the following.
True; that's why I was spamming the MLB thread in January about MLB the Show. Unfortunately with KZ2 and RE5 out + economy + PS3s. it's so hard to get the league together. Mainly it's due to people bailing out due to life and frustration over online quirks/lag.
I'm also slightly confused why this normally happens to mainly the MLB online leagues and not to much with the others.
See the PS3 Madden 09 thread. Complete breakdown; Wellington could give you a sermon about it.

Put it this way; we used Leaguedaddy where after we player a game we had to MANUALLY update Game Stats online. Took 25 minutes, and plus the uber-annoying Madden non-running game and Robo-QB made it so tiring to play the game.
Dez said:
is there that the ridiculous requirement of having to play 10 online games or whatever it was to join a league? if so, i should get going :/
Waitaminute, let's say there is for a second. You don't want to play 10 games of practice? You'd be playing some 40-50 games in the league, what's the difference? If anything it would help the new guys.

Mrbob

There are more people this year than there were last night....not a big issue.

We don't need 20+ for the league. Where we at is at the high end of comfortability anyway.

The main issue is Sony. Laggy games and the fact commissioner options flat out were broke hurt the league last year. Won't know about this until we start this season!

Last year you had to play at least 5 ranked games to create a league. I don't think there are any restrictions in joining one...but I forget!

Dez

The Frankman said:
Waitaminute, let's say there is for a second. You don't want to play 10 games of practice? You'd be playing some 40-50 games in the league, what's the difference? If anything it would help the new guys.

From my experience, playing 10 games against randoms is not that fun. Also, MLB The Show's online code is notoriously terrible, so some of those games might not even count if there are dropouts. It's also a waste of time. Just like spring training.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm still in to play. Let's get this thing rolling!

The Frankman said:
See the PS3 Madden 09 thread. Complete breakdown; Wellington could give you a sermon about it.

Not really. My issues were entirely related to how bad the game was, definitely not the issue with The Show.

TeethMummy said:
All the teams I like are taken....

Can I have the Nationals?

If there are no more spots I'll give mine up, were getting out bathroom redone which is next to the TV room where the HDTV hangs on the wall so it will be down for at least the next two, three weeks leaving me unable to play.

I'm really sorry guys, I would of love to participate.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Mrbob said:
List of teams taken so far (If I missed you let me know!)

MrBob - Da Cubs
DCX - Yankees
Corran Horn - Giants
Smity 3000 - Phillies
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
LJ11 - Mets?
Macattk15 - ?
Dez - Blue Jays
Eznark -Brewers
Wellington - Rays
GQman - Dodgers
Sanjuro - Red Sox

Everyone else I have no idea who is taking what....this should be current so if you want in let me know with your team!

for the new page

ChrisGoldstein said:
That list is extremely old and wrong. :C Going by verbal commitments and posts:

NL
MrBob - Da Cubs
Corran Horn - Giants
TeethMummy - Nationals
Core407 - Braves
jrman2050 - White Sox
The Frankman - Mets
LJ11 - Marlins
GQman - Dodgers
Tedesco! - Reds

AL
DCX - Yankees
Dez - Blue Jays
DM - Mariners
Wellington - Rays
Sanjuro - Red Sox
czartim - Indians
ChrisGoldstein - Angels
sext0n - Twins
Jazzy Network - Rangers

Mrbob

Damn it you have to complete 10 games to start a league! I only have 7...time to play some ranked games tonight!

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Damn it you have to complete 10 games to start a league! I only have 7...time to play some ranked games tonight!

Yeah, I think you need a rating of 3+ too. I await the league.

Top Bottom