• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Fox318

I only watch to his MMA or BJJ related videos, and honestly i dont even watch them that often, but today my feed on YT was literally nothing but fucking Rogan videos. I was so bored i said fuck it, and put on the latest one. Wish i hadnt bothered.

I just dont understand assholes like that. Like, i worked in an office with a trans woman a few years back, and let me tell you this woman was about as tall and broad as your average linebacker, had a completely receding hairline but long in the back, but not once did i ever think of being like "good morning Sir!!" when i saw her. Like fucking hell, not being a dickhead isnt dangerous to your health. People like Shapiro should try it sometime.

But enough anyway, back to MMA. Whose stoked for this weekends *goes to google*

..FIGHT NIGHT 114!!

All you need to explain to people is this:

"You know how when somebody gets married they change their name? Just think of it like this and address them as such"

It isn't hard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This is the most damning spreadsheet ever created. A new level of "technical" and "efficient".
Ya'll really comparing Stephen Thompson and Demian Maia to the likes of Jon Fitch and Dan Hardy.

Ya'll really telling me that at any point in the fights against Fitch and Hardy ya'll really believed that when GSP was pumping his jab for the Xth time or wrestle fucking someone without any desire to finish that he was in any level of danger.

bruh

Heel

Ya'll really comparing Stephen Thompson and Demian Maia to the likes of Jon Fitch and Dan Hardy.

Ya'll really telling me that at any point in the fights against Fitch and Hardy ya'll really believed that when GSP was pumping his jab for the Xth time or wrestle fucking someone without any desire to finish that he was in any level of danger.

bruh

You raise an interesting point, ply. Is the impending threat of danger more exciting than a middling onslaught of jabs?

I guess that would depend on the validity of the impending threat. "This dude could knock him out at any moment
ZW1XLGT.png
ZW1XLGT.png
ZW1XLGT.png
" is not an aura that Tyron emanates for me as a viewer after the first round. I'm not at the edge of my seat wondering if the fastball is coming like I would be with an aggressive, action fighter. Thus, boring.

VoxPop

Thug Rose vs Joanna Champ added to 217

pretty awesome card so far

GSP x Bisping
Rose x JJ
Lawler x Masvidal

Cody looking to return and defend against TJ as well

VoxPop

Rose has been looking excellent her past few fights and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she takes the fight. She's come a long way since losing to Esparza.

GG Rose.

I'm a big fan of both of theirs, but JJ is on another level.

Rose could pull it off with a slick submission actually. Could be interesting.
JJ has been training with Gezary Matuda, black belt BJJ world champion for a long time now. She also improved her wrestling with coach Brown. Rose is out of her league with this fight.

My food and my cut was excellent, I play the bad luck of being in my period and the serious thing is that he gave me an infection in the urinary tract. The doctors checked me out and along with my team decided that it was better to stop the court and start with antibiotics as soon as possible.
I want you to know what happened and that my health is always first.
The fight is still standing and tomorrow I will leave everything in the octagon 💪
Thank you for your understanding and support.

justbleed.jpg

Grasso is fighting Markos? Damn, is Grasso ready for that wrestling? Grasso could end up like Paige Van Zant, too fast too soon. Just let her beat up cans.

Oscar

I think Rashad is just fighting out his contract then retiring to doing analyst work full time.

I don't see any concern or fighting spirit per se. He's just basically going with the motions and trying to lazily pull out a decision win. He didn't seem to care that he lost, was just like whatever and casually walked off.

Damn shame, he was my favorite LHW pre Machida era while I was wrestling in high school.

VoxPop

Surprised they didn't give the robbery win to Moreno in Mexico. Im always surprised by these one dimensional grapplers making it this far without having any real takedowns or a standup game. A good reality check for them though when they reach the top 5.

VoxPop

How's the crow?

It goes both ways though, how's that McG ground game going?

Zero crow here. Mediocre event for me personally.

Conor's ground game being suspect has nothing to do with guys like Maia standing around doing nothing when they can't get a takedown or pull guard.

Ill never forget Hashad killing Liddell with that right hand or finally beating that bum Griffin for the belt (yes, Griffin was champion).
Last night he lost against a guy that is called "Smile'n" Sam Alvey.

Next event is about a month away. Summer break for the staff? Whats going on.

ldcommando

Banned
I enjoyed the event last night, lots of finishes. Set the record for the fastest undercard ever.

I enjoy the simple things in life, like a cold beer after work and guys punching each other unconscious.

Just bleed, brehs.

Surprised they didn't give the robbery win to Moreno in Mexico. Im always surprised by these one dimensional grapplers making it this far without having any real takedowns or a standup game. A good reality check for them though when they reach the top 5.
They just gave the co-main to Grasso that could have went to Markos so the judges played fair.

Top Bottom