• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Fox318

Ditto. I'm the go to mma guy for my office/bus. I usually only get asked about three topics though - Ronda, Conor, or Bork.
I just remind them about Jordan's baseball career when talking about this fight.

Arguably the greatest basketball player couldn't break .250 in AA.

That's all this bout is.

I just remind them about Jordan's baseball career when talking about this fight.

That's all this bout is.

Fighting is different than any other sport in the world. If you catch him he can go down. Only chance he has is if he hurts him and finishes him. Hes not gonna win by points against Money.

zewone

That's all this bout is.

Not even remotely the same idea.

Paulie Malignaggi, a veteran boxer, has changed his tune after going 12 rounds with Conor and let others know that Conor will be dangerous even in later rounds.

Paulie Malignaggi, a veteran boxer, has changed his tune after going 12 rounds with Conor and let others know that Conor will be dangerous even in later rounds.

You mean the guy who works for Shotime is trying to oversell the viablility of this fight? Color me surprised.

zewone

You mean the guy who works for Shotime is trying to oversell the viablility of this fight? Color me surprised.

He hasn't been shy with giving his opinion of Conor or his original thought that Conor had no chance.

If you've paid attention to any of his recent interview, he sounds like anything but a paid shill.

He was downplaying Conor's KO power just the other day.

He hasn't been shy with giving his opinion of Conor or his original thought that Conor had no chance.

If you've paid attention to any of his recent interview, he sounds like anything but a paid shill.

It's all a work and you're the mark. Did I get those terms right?

I'd take the words of someone who has an interest with selling this fight with a grain of salt either way

Heel

It's all a work and you're the mark. Did I get those terms right?

Let's say he was honestly competitive with Paulie Malignaggi in 2017. That's all well and good, but the truth is he's fighting Floyd. He could've sent Paulie to the ER for all it matters.

Levito

Banned
Floyd Mayweather makes the very best boxers in the world look like they can't do a thing to him, how's a dude with 0 boxing matches going to be competitive?

This fight is just about the clash of celebrity and that's it. It'd be like having the best Squash player play the best Tennis player in a Tennis match.

Winner of RDA v Neil Magny should fight Lawler for interim belt.
Or Lawler Condit 2 if you're going to give it to someone coming off a loss.

FUME5

He's making a statement and not caving in to the just bleed crowd.

We should respect that and throw money at his fights.

Not that it means anything in the final fight, and I fully expect him to lose but the word is Conor worked Pauli in that last round of sparring. I think people are going to be a bit surprised in the Mayweather fight. Not that Conor is going to go out there and push him / be a difficult fight, but to the people that go around saying "he won't land a punch" crowd. He will. Floyd is still the far superior boxer even at 40 but Conor is going to land some shots on him

brentech

This is the best. Finding new and innovative ways to shit on DJ.
YmHO2bY.jpg

pixelation

Lawler vs Masvidal in talks for interim belt while Woodley recovers smh ����*♂️

I... i don't like that fight because i am a stan of both. But Woodley can get bent!!!

EDIT: LMAO @ people thinking Conor has a chance against Mayweather... i mean yeah, technically even my grandma has a chance of beating Mayweather. But you guys are tripping if you think it will be a closer fight than May/Pac, more entertaining? sure due to the personality of both fighters but in no way more competitive.

Did anyone see Rogan has this clown Ben Shapiro on his show? Like im not crazy liberal, but when shapiro is going on about insisting on calling trans women "he" im just like fair enough if thats what you think, but would it kill you to not be a cunt and respect their wishes to be labelled as "she"? Like what fucking harm does it do you? All the while Rogan is grinning away and just seemed afraid to disagree with him or challenge him or anything. Just lapping up everything he said while he compared trans people to schizophrenics, all this coming from someone who still believes in God.

Did anyone see Rogan has this clown Ben Shapiro on his show? Like im not crazy liberal, but when shapiro is going on about insisting on calling trans women "he" im just like fair enough if thats what you think, but would it kill you to not be a cunt and respect their wishes to be labelled as "she"? Like what fucking harm does it do you? All the while Rogan is grinning away and just seemed afraid to disagree with him or challenge him or anything. Just lapping up everything he said while he compared trans people to schizophrenics, all this coming from someone who still believes in God.

That sounds vile.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Rogan regularly has shitty guests with shitty opinions he doesn't challenge. I've long since scrubbed his recommendations from Youtube, if he does something worth listening to I'll find out from somewhere else.

DKehoe

Rogan regularly has shitty guests with shitty opinions he doesn't challenge. I've long since scrubbed his recommendations from Youtube, if he does something worth listening to I'll find out from somewhere else.

I only listen to his podcasts on very rare occasions now and when I do it's only for MMA talk. The conversations about pretty much everything else turn to shit.

Joe told a story once of how an agent told him hes not that funny and probably shouldnt pursue comedy anymore. He said that he told him to fuck off and that he doesnt know what hes talking about.

Anybody ever watched a Rogan bit and laughed? Seriously?

Fox318

Joe told a story once of how an agent told him hes not that funny and probably shouldnt pursue comedy anymore. He said that he told him to fuck off and that he doesnt know what hes talking about.

His Netflix special was basically "look what I found on wikipedia while high and watch me thrust my hips"

I only watch to his MMA or BJJ related videos, and honestly i dont even watch them that often, but today my feed on YT was literally nothing but fucking Rogan videos. I was so bored i said fuck it, and put on the latest one. Wish i hadnt bothered.

I just dont understand assholes like that. Like, i worked in an office with a trans woman a few years back, and let me tell you this woman was about as tall and broad as your average linebacker, had a completely receding hairline but long in the back, but not once did i ever think of being like "good morning Sir!!" when i saw her. Like fucking hell, not being a dickhead isnt dangerous to your health. People like Shapiro should try it sometime.

But enough anyway, back to MMA. Whose stoked for this weekends *goes to google*

..FIGHT NIGHT 114!!

I only listen to his podcasts on very rare occasions now and when I do it's only for MMA talk. The conversations about pretty much everything else turn to shit.

"Whoa so you think there might be a secret government base on the opposite side of the moon? I wouldn't doubt it man. You never know whats up these days. Have you seen this video of a zebra fighting a hippo? It's crazy dude. Pull up that video. Check this out." *dead air for 20 seconds*

"Whoa that's a real zebra?"

"Yeah hell yeah man that's real. They'll totally f you up man. They're wild. They'll attack anything they don't give a shit. They're like honeybadgers and horses mixed together. Hey bring up that video of a honeybadger going ape shit on a mountain line. Can you find it? Bring that up. Here check this out .. "

etc etc

zewone

I've seen his sets a few times since I live in the same area. He's actually pretty funny in person, but his specials can be cringe-inducing.

Top Bottom