• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

VoxPop

LTTP with the Paulie interview with Ariel. Conor just made himself out to be a huge douche and everything is true, I'm definitely on Paulie's side for this mishap. This makes it sound like Mayweather will absolutely work Conor but I'm glad to hear he at least kept it somewhat competitive with old man Paulie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is there anyone more embarrassing than Skip Bayless?

That depends. Can Skip Bayless's terrible show's terrible ratings be an anyone?

hvRGvXk.jpg

pixelation

Yo, McG's boxing technique is seriously lacking (he is even showing signs of stamina issues)... if he somehow wins it will be because Mayweather acted stupid and stood there just trading punches (instead of using his stick and move style) and gets KO'ed or by some sort of fuckery, but there is no way in hell that Connor legits wins.

Heel

I will not have my friends disparaging the great Skip Bayless. Conor was pinned by Nate's sumo wrestling and that's the end of it.

qNipi4X.jpg

VoxPop

Conor redeemed!

I'm really enjoying getting a glimpse of the two combat sports finally intertwining. Old Paulie may not be much but I'm glad Conor could at least hang with him

LIke I said Paulie seems a bit off when he talks. That clip is strange and you couldnt tell what happened.

I think he just doesnt like Conor because of his massive ego and low pay and left.

Weckum

Conor redeemed!

I'm really enjoying getting a glimpse of the two combat sports finally intertwining. Old Paulie may not be much but I'm glad Conor could at least hang with him

It was 10 seconds, one of which Paulie loses his balance.

And Floyd ain't no Paulie.

VoxPop

It was 10 seconds, one of which Paulie loses his balance.

And Floyd ain't no Paulie.

Well, no one could really hang with Mayweather in boxing either. Even Conor going 12 rounds with a retired Paulie is something I thought he couldn't do but he got some decent shots in there and lasted all 12. I'm hoping for a KO (even a super fluky one) so we can see the rematch in the UFC.

Fun night of fights tonight! Krazyhorse got ktfo, but to be fair it was a late replacement and he weighed in around 165 for a 170 fight. Although also to be fair he looked bigger than the X1 170 champ at weigh in. Sad that all the loud guys around me had no idea who he was.

The superhw fight only went about 3 minutes, and was super exciting. They both stayed calm and relaxed and then exploded in really fast 10 second barrages, and then relaxed again. Not sure how they would have done if it had gone longer, but that's how shws should pace.

Watch for Bill Takeuchi to rise out of Hawaii's local scene sooner than later. This guy looked amazing. Been training striking all his life and had great takedown defense, really vicious ground and pound. He's only a blue belt in bjj but i hear he's decent; didn't use any tonight though.

Cowboy Cerrone sat in front of me for a little while in the cage area (I was in the front row). Max Holloway was in and out of the cage area also for commentary and to corner a guy who fought and lost for the 125 belt.

Can't wait to hear what Max Kellerman has to say about the sparring vids. He's gotta give Conor some credit for going a hard 12 with Paulie.

Heel

On Conor's sparring partners "one of 'em, this guy Artem, he was like a punching bag. I thought - you just might as well hit the punching bag instead of him"

rip Artem.

It's funny, because anyone who has watched him fight can see it in their heads. Es movement es basic.

Levito

Banned
Can't counter if they never throw anything. Checkmate.

Did you notice during the infamous 'Form Voltron' bit, when Artem walked up, Mayweather immediately took off? He tried to cover up his fear with the 'yeeeeeeeeaaaaah' bit but I saw fear in his eyes that day.

Artem has him shook. Stay woke my friends.

Heel

Did you notice during the infamous 'Form Voltron' bit, when Artem walked up, Mayweather immediately took off? He tried to cover up his fear with the 'yeeeeeeeeaaaaah' bit but I saw fear in his eyes that day.

Artem has him shook. Stay woke my friends.

I'm woke level "Onnit" after this post, Levito. Maywedder don't want it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Let Me Bang Bro

Report: Tae Hyun Bang indicted for alleged fight-fixing plan at 2015 UFC event

UFC lightweight Tae Hyun Bang reportedly has been indicted for allegedly taking a bribe in connection with his bout against Leo Kuntz at UFC Fight Night 79.

According tokoreaherald.com, Bang is no longer a UFC fighter and will go to trial without being detained. Also indicted are several “brokers” who allegedly set up the fix, including MMA fighter Dae Won Kim.

The Seoul Central District Prosecutors Office, a branch of South Korea’s Ministry of Justice that is similar to the FBI, announced the indictment.

Bang, 34, then allegedly admitted he’d tried to fix his bout with Kuntz, only to later change his mind after being warned by UFC officials. He allegedly accepted a bribe of approximately $87,000 while wagering approximately $43,000 on Kuntz.

After beating Kuntz via split decision at the event, which took place Nov. 28, 2015, at Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, Bang received death threats from organized crime figures, who bet approximately $1.7 million on Kuntz.

Just hours before the fight, the massive wager turned Bang into a massive underdog, prompting UFC officials to go backstage and issue a stern warning to both fighters.

Levito

Banned
As much as I dislike Bisping, I think that's going to be a much harder fight for GSP than he thinks. Dude hasn't fought in 4 years and he's moving up in weight to face a bigger stronger dude that's gonna be hard to take down over and over.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I agree. THough I am hoping 4 years off we get an old callback to Rush GSP with a bit more aggression than the LnP God GSP.

Top Bottom