• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, what difficulty are you playing Revengance on? I started on Normal and it seems too beta for me. Might change to Alpha and restart over.

I started on normal. Wish I hadn't but I wont turn back now.

The Lord hath spoken:

@ID_AA_Carmack: I can’t speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices.

Sounds great.

Too bad Id hasn't made a good game since Romero left.

Isn't John just an engineer? He doesn't have a say in game design right? I didn't play Rage but I was under the impression that the tech side of the game was outstanding and the game/story was the stale part.

I think it's pretty funny that Sony has 8GB of Gddr5 while MS is doing a bunch of tricks to have 8 GB of DDr3.

It's because Sony did the right thing and listened to the guys that make game about where next gen console should go.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Isn't John just an engineer? He doesn't have a say in game design right? I didn't play Rage but I was under the impression that the tech side of the game was outstanding and the game/story was the stale part.

Yeah, Carmack is not a game designer. Rage ran at 720p/60fps on consoles, the guy knows what he's talking about.

MjFrancis

I follow mmajunkie and Ariel (mmafighting) on Twitter. I get pretty much all of the news about fights from them. Mmafighting is probably the best.
There's a site sometimes posted here with some good analysis of some of the fighters. I always think I'll start visiting, but then I just continue to get my mixed martial arts news from MMA-GAF.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Carmack makes engines, blame iD's designers for that.

That's why I said ID hasn't made a good game...

Are you brahs still mad that Romero said he would make you his bitch?

but mudd is right, i forgot about Q3, i played the shit out of that in 99-01.

holy shit, i don't think i'll ever get tired of watching First Blood: Part 2.

"what you choose to call Hell, he calls home."

gonna watch Robocop for the 1000th time afterwards.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That's why I said ID hasn't made a good game...

Are you brahs still mad that Romero said he would make you his bitch?

but mudd is right, i forgot about Q3, i played the shit out of that in 99-01.

Did you ever read that whole expose on Romero when he formed a studio to make daikatana? Fascinating shit.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Did you ever read that whole expose on Romero when he formed a studio to make daikatana? Fascinating shit.

Ion Storm gave us Deus Ex brah, ends justified the means friend.

don't hate on these pimps

Romerosprectorwilson.JPG

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Google that story. They had a crazy pimped out office and spent mad advance cash on marble floors and shit like that before they had even a single line of code written.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
We're still far from final specs. M$ has more cash than Sony and dont be surprised if they pull the trigger to match their specs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
We're still far from final specs. M$ has more cash than Sony and dont be surprised if they pull the trigger to match their specs.

I don't think they really care about the spec war. 3rd party games will look the same on both systems beyond maybe a resolution bump on PS4. Sony's 1st party games blowing Microsoft's out of the water is nothing new.

it's a crime Knack is being slept on, i'll tell you that much.

http://youtu.be/1skIkmPD5d0

I agree, friend. There's a lot going on in that video.

Heel

"Tap to win!" is about as ignorant as saying "Press buttons to win!" about that corny game you just pimped, playboy.

dream

We can cherry pick console games to make fun of too. I see your bubble wrap sim and raise you Pokeymans and "Revengeance."

dream

I'm very troubled by the utter stupidity of the name "Revengeance." It sounds like an Xtreme Couture product.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We can cherry pick console games to make fun of too. I see your bubble wrap sim and raise you Pokeymans and "Revengeance."
I'm not going to defend pokeymans friend. I didn't like that shit when it blew up and I was a teen. That it's still going strong 15 years later baffles me.

I'm very troubled by the utter stupidity of the name "Revengeance." It sounds like an Xtreme Couture product.
Take it up with Webster, until then it's a legitimate word that's been in the dictionary for 100 years

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Revengeance

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Man youre hung up on revengance. Is this some underhanded cism? Some latent deep seeded hate, asian on asian 'drm vs kojima/kamiya' handicapped match at catch weight thing you got going on?

Heel

If legit, Deep Down is the one game shown that'd make me consider buying a next gen console. I like the style and concept regardless.

I'm still leaning towards a PC or Steam Box, if that still exists.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If legit, Deep Down is the one game shown that'd make me consider buying a next gen console. I like the style and concept regardless.

I'm still leaning towards a PC or Steam Box, if that still exists.

just build your own box, it gives you the option of upgrading over time.

Kideo games sounds like something a snotty fifteen year old would come up with.

i think it's pretty apt young pitbull. got grown ass men talking about ni no kuni, revengeance (whatever the hell that means), and god damn dantes. i'm not sure how an aspiring physicist can stand behind such a juvenile hobby.

muddream

Banned
Google that story. They had a crazy pimped out office and spent mad advance cash on marble floors and shit like that before they had even a single line of code written.

It's the greatest story in gaming.

The men leased the penthouse of a prestigious Dallas, Texas office building, deep in the heart of oil country, for the company's headquarters. A monument to excess, the Ion Storm offices featured a movie screening room (complete with leather furniture), arcade machines, a bank of computers devoted to Doom and Quake "deathmatches," 60-foot glass ceilings (which prompted the company's programmers to erect felt tents over their workspaces to reduce the glare of the daytime sun), oak furniture, steel cubicles, and a pool table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom