• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
The megaton for me was the announcement that PS4 has 8gbs of GDDR5 RAM. I hope that next-gen sequels to Deus Ex and Dishonored make good use of it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I never did get the appeal of Uncharted. I hope Naughty Dog is doing something different for the ps4.

I think Uncharted and God of War are both mediocre at best but there's no doubt that Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and Guerilla Games are the best developers out there at pushing console hardware. My inner graphics whore has awakened and I want to see Kratos on PS4.

Heel

Yes, dream, it appears our friends are getting excited about style over substance. I am absolutely looking forward to playing The Witness on my Apple iPad for $4.99, or perhaps waiting until it's on sale for a dollar.

dream

Swear to god, if our friends attend """""midnight launches""""" or """"preorder"""" their kideo game players, you and I are splintering off and leaving them to their hijinks.

The megaton for me was the announcement that PS4 has 8gbs of GDDR5 RAM. I hope that next-gen sequels to Deus Ex and Dishonored make good use of it.

Yeah, Sony just made next gen exciting. I was getting worried about the pussified specs these machines apparently were gonna be packing.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
cm-16694-0502acdeae7348.jpeg

I was not disappointed but I wasn't blown away either. In my horse race for a next-gen console purchase Sony is leading by a few lengths, Wii U is in second, and MS is a distant third.

PC is half a mile ahead.

Also just picked up Rising about an hour ago. I'll dive into that once the Heat finish can crushing the Hawks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If all these super awesome looking games are still 30fps i will be fucking pissed

I think we'll see 1080p/60fps for the first few years. Down the line when they're trying to squeeze the last bit of juice out of the hardware is when the sacrifices come in.

At least, that's my hope.

Swear to god, if our friends attend """""midnight launches""""" or """"preorder"""" their kideo game players, you and I are splintering off and leaving them to their hijinks.

Nice knowing you, gentlemen.

Heel

I agree dream. I am especially embarrassed for our good friend Chamber who is frothing at the mouth over shiny window panes while dismissing what followed.

On that note, friend, I am going to immerse myself in the very unique Year Walk on my Apple iOS device for the price of $3.99.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Of course they are Gr1m. PC gaming is where you'll find 60 fps gaming.

I think we'll see 1080p/60fps for the first few years. Down the line when they're trying to squeeze the last bit of juice out of the hardware is when the sacrifices come in.

At least, that's my hope.

Nice knowing you, gentlemen.

I remember back in the day we used to crank shit down on pc's to go to 90+ frames. My eyes are tired of sub 60. It's made games inherently slower in every way possible. Design and performance.

dream

I agree dream. I am especially embarrassed for our good friend Chamber who is frothing at the mouth over shiny window panes while dismissing what followed.

On that note, friend, I am going to immerse myself in the very unique Year Walk on my Apple iOS device for the price of $3.99.

Year Walk does sound phenomenal. I like the fact that it attempts to push the medium forward rather than relying on hackhackslash or boomboombam the way most "core" kideo games do.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Got a free PS+ code. Between Rising, Anarchy Reigns multi, and Vanquish which I just free rented (the one Platinum HD game I didn't own), I have Platinum Games goodness being injected into me like a mid 30 year old fighter on TRT.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgdr3obsoI

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Thanks to the wonders of Gaikai, you'll be able to play real games on your iPad. I'll see you at the midnight launch.

Bros just imagine how awesome next gen Metal Gear is going to be. Also, platinum is probably pissed off about getting nin to publish their games.

FACE

Banned
Year Walk does sound phenomenal. I like the fact that it attempts to push the medium forward rather than relying on hackhackslash or boomboombam the way most "core" kideo games do.

You should take cumbr's cue and buy one to impress the underage girls you lust.

Heel

Thanks to the wonders of Gaikai, you'll be able to play real games on your iPad. I'll see you at the midnight launch.

The only thing that interests me about the "meeting" was their promise to cultivate a platform that allows true creative freedom for developers. Self publishing, free-to-play models, etc. That's where the magic will happen.

Current gen video games and ideals with a new coat of gloss on the other hand is not exciting at all.

Heel, are you going to buy the new Unreal Engine 3-based action game that will only cost $0.99?

Perhaps, friend. I haven't seen it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Heel, friend, you don't have to lie to me. You're welcome to join Cap and I at the PS4 midnight launch event. This is actually the perfect occasion for the first MMA-GAF meetup.

FACE

Banned
The only thing that interests me about the "meeting" was their promise to cultivate a platform that allows true creative freedom for developers. Self publishing, free-to-play models, etc. That's where the magic will happen.

Current gen video games and ideals with a new coat of gloss on the other hand is not exciting at all.

I agree with you, specially since there are a lot of games from the 90s/early 00s that have a lot more gameplay depth than anything we got this generation.

dream

Heel, friend, you don't have to lie to me. You're welcome to join Cap and I at the PS4 midnight launch event. This is actually the perfect occasion for the first MMA-GAF meetup.

Will you """"cosplay"""" as...wait there are no Sony characters of color, nm nm nm.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friend Drm has returned to us like sting did post invasion..but just like sting he's now dropping from the rafters and hitting everyone with a bat for no reason.

Vio-Lence

Banned

are your parents going to be cool with inviting over strangers to play ps4 in your basement?

dream

Funny you say that. I read Batman #17 the other day and thought it was the worst piece of sequential art I've ever read in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom