• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I love that these Fox 6 promos simply state it's a "world title" match, not mentioning it's the 125 kids division.
Yeah I noticed that too. One thing I've also noticed is that they're not showing Johnson's or Dodson's bodies, just their faces.

OK, so coming up this weekend:

UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping

Main Card (FX, 9 PM ET/6 PM PT)

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
Daniel Sarafian vs. C.B. Dollaway
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Preliminary Card (Fuel TV, 5 PM ET/2 PM PT)

Godofredo Pepey vs. Milton Vieira
Diego Nunes vs. Nik Lentz
Ronny Markes vs. Andrew Craig
Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins
Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre
Wagner Prado vs. Ildemar Alcantara

Preliminary Card (Facebook)

Francisco Trinaldo vs. C.J. Keith

Will the mythical "Old Vitor" reappear making Bisping wish he was in the Octagon with Hendo instead, or will Bisping hug him to death for a 5 round decision? Tune in to find out!

Other fights worth watching have been italicized. Everything else gets a big fat meh.

SteveWD40

Will the mythical "Old Vitor" reappear making Bisping wish he was in the Octagon with Hendo instead, or will Bisping hug him to death for a 5 round decision? Tune in to find out!

I am betting neither, I imagine Vitor will catch him and swarm him for a TKO in the 1st or 2nd but it won't be an "out cold KO" or even highlight reel worthy, other than that one shot from Hendo Bisping has shown decent recovery so I doubt he will even be out after the finish.

Vitor should have that speed though, Mike won't be able to turtle up imho.

Mike can take him down I think but would he want to? the guy nearly took Bones arm home with him, he is nasty off his back.

Mikes only way to win is evasive in the first 2 then open up when Vitor is gassed, if he trys to clinch up he will get smoke imho.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yeah I noticed that too. One thing I've also noticed is that they're not showing Johnson's or Dodson's bodies, just their faces.

That's because no-one can handle the awesome that is Dodson's body:

KzTnX.png

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I am betting neither, I imagine Vitor will catch him and swarm him for a TKO in the 1st or 2nd but it won't be an "out cold KO" or even highlight reel worthy, other than that one shot from Hendo Bisping has shown decent recovery so I doubt he will even be out after the finish.

Vitor should have that speed though, Mike won't be able to turtle up imho.

Mike can take him down I think but would he want to? the guy nearly took Bones arm home with him, he is nasty off his back.

Mikes only way to win is evasive in the first 2 then open up when Vitor is gassed, if he trys to clinch up he will get smoke imho.

Bisping isn't going to knock him out and I doubt he will want to grapple him. If Bisping does win it'll be a laboured decision win.

I'm going with Belfort to win. Combination of experience, home crowd and generally being the better fighter. That and Bisping's own luck or lack thereof.

SteveWD40

Bisping isn't going to knock him out and I doubt he will want to grapple him. If Bisping does win it'll be a laboured decision win.

I'm going with Belfort to win. Combination of experience, home crowd and generally being the better fighter. That and Bisping's own luck or lack thereof.

Yeah when I said open up I didn't mean finish him, just start to win rounds with some decent shots like he did with Akiyama.

Ping aint finishing a sandwich in the top 10, his TKO's are over guys so gassed they can hardly stand, Vitor isn't that bad.

Bisping is a cardio machine. By the middle of round 2 Belfort will be spent and Bisping can tee off for the rest of the fight getting another decision win. So hopefully Vitor goes headhunting early on in the fight.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If we look at it objectively, Viktor has only KOd ppl in the ultimate because refs let him hit grounded opponents to the back of the head.

Viktor gets wrestlefucked and gassed, unless the crooked refs in Brazil give him easy standups like in the Rumble fight.

SteveWD40

Viktor gets wrestlefucked and gassed, unless the crooked refs in Brazil give him easy standups like in the Rumble fight.

I agree with the back of the head bit, but even if Bisping can score takedowns, Vitor is more dangerous off his back than almost anyone Bisping has fought, as underrated as Mikes Jits might be I don't think he would be wise to take that approach.

MjFrancis

The preliminary card looks like it has a lot of scrappers on it that could surprise us with a few good subs or KO's.

As for Vitor v. Bisping - I'm really indifferent on who wins that matchup. I really am. I just hope one of them can make it fun to watch.

TheChits

OK, so coming up this weekend:

UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping

Main Card (FX, 9 PM ET/6 PM PT)

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
Daniel Sarafian vs. C.B. Dollaway
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Preliminary Card (Fuel TV, 5 PM ET/2 PM PT)

Godofredo Pepey vs. Milton Vieira
Diego Nunes vs. Nik Lentz
Ronny Markes vs. Andrew Craig
Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins
Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre
Wagner Prado vs. Ildemar Alcantara

Preliminary Card (Facebook)

Francisco Trinaldo vs. C.J. Keith

Other fights worth watching have been italicized. Everything else gets a big fat meh.

This is not a very good card on paper which means it will be fucking awesome.

ShaneB

Man, that card looks great to me, so I expect some good stuff. Plus Bellator should be awesome too on Thursday.

Also, Argo is awesome.

Vio-Lence

Banned
This is not a very good card on paper which means it will be fucking awesome.

this is meme needs to die. the average quality of ultimate cards has been abysmal for the past two years. a good card is an exception not the norm. most cards are terrible.

too many cards, not enough name talent, and too many injuries.

VoxPop

I personally will be turning off the MM/Dodson fight when it comes on cause that is guaranteed to end in a MM 5 round lnp snoozefest with Dana berating everyone after saying they're not real fans.

That Fuel card doesn't look terrible but is pretty weak. Should be a great main event though. Hoping Belfort puts Bisping's lights out so we don't have to see Silva vs Bisping in any way, shape, or form.

Vitor is going to kill Bisping unless hes paid to throw the fight. Vitor just put up the best fight against who many consider the best in the league and almost finished him. Bisping's only chance is to pretty much avoid the fight and pull a Condit/Diaz.

Bisping couldn't even UD a 2010 Wand under unified rules.

Where would humanity be without MMA Math?

Not to say that I don't dabble in this alchemy on occasion.

MMA math works in some cases. The best case is performance vs common opponents. Look how easily Vitor disposed of Sexy while he was pretty competitive with Bisping.

MjFrancis

I'll agree that MMA Math can work, though I'm not certain how often. Freshest in my mind is the Rich Franklin - Cung Le - Wanderlei Silva roshambo.

Even there the staunched Wandy fanboy could try to argue he should have got a stoppage versus Franklin.

snorggy

Vitor is going to kill Bisping unless hes paid to throw the fight. Vitor just put up the best fight against who many consider the best in the league and almost finished him. Bisping's only chance is to pretty much avoid the fight and pull a Condit/Diaz.

Bisping couldn't even UD a 2010 Wand under unified rules.

This is exactly how I see the fight playing out...

I'll agree that MMA Math can work, though I'm not certain how often. Freshest in my mind is the Rich Franklin - Cung Le - Wanderlei Silva roshambo.

Even there the staunched Wandy fanboy could try to argue he should have got a stoppage versus Franklin.

Saved by the bell if you ask me. If the fight was 10 seconds longer I am sure it would have been stopped. Wand fan aside.

Oh yeah, you're right. He's just delusional then.

How long ago?

Rich Franklin.

Vitor didn't seem too gassed in the Jones fight till the end. He is past his prime but still a threat. Bisping is only getting hyped right now because he had a competitive second round vs Sonnen in a fight where lost. Not to mention he looked awful in the Mayhem fight.

He did beat Cann which everyone expected him to because it was a favorable match up for him. If Cann can rock him than I am sure Vitor will do it an than finish. If Bisping takes Belfort down than he needs to watch for the sub.

SteveWD40

He did beat Cann which everyone expected him to because it was a favorable match up for him.

s0Pfi.gif

This is Bispings curse, he was going to get KO'd, smoked and laid out according to many, Stann was legit etc...

Then Bisping beats him and it's "lol Brian Cann".

Bisping v Mayhem, well they both looked like shit due to the short training camp, doing TUF for months with little training, the usually lean Mike looked chubby going into that fight.

I still agree with you that Vitor will win, I just don't think it will be a devastation, more like a flash TKO that Bisping walks away from after it's stopped.

FACE

Banned
Rich Franklin.

Vitor didn't seem too gassed in the Jones fight till the end. He is past his prime but still a threat. Bisping is only getting hyped right now because he had a competitive second round vs Sonnen in a fight where lost. Not to mention he looked awful in the Mayhem fight.

He did beat Cann which everyone expected him to because it was a favorable match up for him. If Cann can rock him than I am sure Vitor will do it an than finish. If Bisping takes Belfort down than he needs to watch for the sub.

iN9pUbdCkNrMi.gif

Bisping is defiantly a solid GOOD. He beats everyone thats not an elite/great etc. Though I don't think he can hang with the Okami's of the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom