• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

To be fair, Freddy Lenko was never that good.

217835_10151385338379382_1367180829_n.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.lvrj.com/neon/ufc-s-ronda-rousey-talks-fast-hits-hard-186282872.html

"I think he lucked out a lot that he's Canadian. I love Canadians. They are the coolest, nicest, most patriotic people, and they will support their countrymen no matter what, and I think that's commendable.

"But if GSP wasn't really good-looking, and really Canadian, he would be really unknown."

"I like fighters that go into it to finish it. They're not afraid to take risks," by saying, "I'm going to try to do something crazy, and if I end up in a bad position, I know I can handle it.

"That confidence gets me excited."

0428_f0rfb.gif

if they fought i'd take ronda by flying armbar

jbj would be all sticking his hand in her face like he always does to utilize his reach in his bitchmade ways (the "talk to the hand" technique) and it'd backfire on him

i wish big john would ref one of jbj's fights because he calls fighters out on that shit, sticking open hands in guys' faces and shit

SteveWD40

if they fought i'd take ronda by flying armbar

jbj would be all sticking his hand in her face like he always does to utilize his reach in his bitchmade ways (the "talk to the hand" technique) and it'd backfire on him

i wish big john would ref one of jbj's fights because he calls fighters out on that shit, sticking open hands in guys' faces and shit

Yup, I can't stand that bullshit.

muddream

Banned
I believe it was Cormier's can who kept sheepishly sticking his fingers out despite being warned by Big John over and over again. It's like grabbing the cage, might as well do it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just saw a commercial for Bellator. I forgot the Spike move is effective this Thursday. Woo Bellator in HD FINALLY. Are all Bellator events going to be on Thursday now? I actually like that. Bellator on Thursday, Bad MMA on Friday, Ultimates on Saturday.

Bros, Joni Mitchell's Blue greatest album by a female singer of all time? Yes or Not?
Meh, it's okay but it's no Live Through This.

And yeah I'm kinda bummed myself that Bellator is on Thursdays because that's the one day of the week where I work usually until 1am or so. And since we play back the show for the producers that day I can't watch the stream :(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well now you know how I felt when I had to work weekends and miss out on Glory/It's Showtime/K-1's corpse. I haven't seen a kickboxing card in like 6 months because of it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Meh, it's okay but it's no Live Through This.

And yeah I'm kinda bummed myself that Bellator is on Thursdays because that's the one day of the week where I work usually until 1am or so. And since we play back the show for the producers that day I can't watch the stream :(

Welcome to my world, playboy. The only MMA I get to watch anymore are Ultimate PPV's on Saturday night. Missing out on so many shows is starting to drain my interest in the sport overall. :(

MjFrancis

Bellator on Thursday, Bad MMA on Friday, Ultimates on Saturday.
Sounds good to me. I'll give Bellator another shot since apparently the last one I caught was one of their worst cards in recent memory. But three day MMA weekends? Awesome.

Really, though, I'm watching more Bad MMA now because it's FREE. I've been picking and choosing my PPV buys very carefully. Some of the Bad MMA cards have been better than some of the PPV cards I've bought.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I was half a second away from a pop off at work today. I will never understand the american paradigm of being rich but being dumber than a bag of rocks. To paraphrase parrot 'this job i made a huge mistake.gif'.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Welcome to my world, playboy. The only MMA I get to watch anymore are Ultimate PPV's on Saturday night. Missing out on so many shows is starting to drain my interest in the sport overall. :(

welcome to the corporate world young professional chamber.

FACE

Banned

Watching too many shows has drained all my interest in this sport and has started draining my will to live.

ShaneB

I was half a second away from a pop off at work today. I will never understand the american paradigm of being rich but being dumber than a bag of rocks. To paraphrase parrot 'this job i made a huge mistake.gif'.

The long standing idea that power is given by who you know, not what you know.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm starting to lose interest in my job. But that's mainly due to me being used to being unemployed for so long that I'm completely drained of energy, feel constantly tired and I lack any and all motivation to work. Or to sum it up more eloquently: I'm so full of "why do I need to work?" vibes that I'm starting to think I was born in the 90s.

But seriously, I generally do absolutely no work until 2-3pm then get a ton of motivation to work until around 5pm when I lose all interest again. Funnily enough I can get most of my work done during that time frame. That and in the event of a tight deadline my college-era hyperdrive kicks in and I can blast through that shit quickly.

I think it's because I have no emotional interest in the work. It's easy enough, but the absolute main reason in accepting the job was because I needed money & resident status ASAP.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im just tired of grown man drama. People who are in charge arent doing their shit but think its ok to constantly point out shit other people didnt do. I never knew that being in construction was like being in sweet valley high. I only took this job to get out of the house and im going to leave soon.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I never knew that being in construction was like being in sweet valley high. I only took this job to get out of the house and im going to leave soon.

Holy shit, that brings back memories. My sister had hundreds of those books when she was a kid.

VoxPop

Holy shit, that brings back memories. My sister had hundreds of those books when she was a kid.

Reminds me of those book orders in elementary school. Everyone going crazy over Goosebumps, Babysitters Club, and Boxcar Children. And of course the JTT stickers along with pogs.

jonathangreen.jpg

Damn I'm old.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Im just tired of grown man drama. People who are in charge arent doing their shit but think its ok to constantly point out shit other people didnt do. I never knew that being in construction was like being in sweet valley high. I only took this job to get out of the house and im going to leave soon.

Everywhere is like that. Everywhere. Whether you're in a gigantor corporation like me or working in a mom and pop shop, there's always drama. Someone's screwing someone. Someone's always late. Someone's dozing off in meetings. Someone stole from the refrigerator. Someone is pissing on the toilet seat. Someone is pressing all the buttons on the elevator. Someone parked in my parking space. Someone leaves food out all the time so you now have rat/roach problems. It's like living in Seinfeld, but you think everyone's George and Newman and you are Jerry... but the truth is, you're really just a sad version of George who is totally unaware of the fourth wall.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Reminds me of those book orders in elementary school. Everyone going crazy over Goosebumps, Babysitters Club, and Boxcar Children. And of course the JTT stickers along with pogs.

http://www.reocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/9584/jonathangreen.jpg[/MG]

Damn I'm old.[/QUOTE]

Goosebumps and Animorphs. That shit was so hot.

ShaneB

I'm starting to lose interest in my job. But that's mainly due to me being used to being unemployed for so long that I'm completely drained of energy, feel constantly tired and I lack any and all motivation to work. Or to sum it up more eloquently: I'm so full of "why do I need to work?" vibes that I'm starting to think I was born in the 90s.

But seriously, I generally do absolutely no work until 2-3pm then get a ton of motivation to work until around 5pm when I lose all interest again. Funnily enough I can get most of my work done during that time frame. That and in the event of a tight deadline my college-era hyperdrive kicks in and I can blast through that shit quickly.

I think it's because I have no emotional interest in the work. It's easy enough, but the absolute main reason in accepting the job was because I needed money & resident status ASAP.

Right there with you, much like many people. I just don't care about my job most of the time. I don't make a lot of money to care about it in that sense, nor do I really care about our products so I don't have any attachment in that sense. Spend most of my days feeling useless and wasting whatever talent I might have, and just think about what I would like to really doing and getting paid for it. I guess I spend more time trying to look busy instead of actually being busy. I work with some complete morons, so I guess I look good by default.

Ugh.

VoxPop

both squash matches. Bendo shits on da fraud. and cormier puts mir in a body bag.

I'm actually not on the Cormier bandwagon yet and I see him getting finished by Mir in the first and falling like the other Strikeforce frauds.

I see Gil losing via unanimous decision as well.

It's ironic that Overeem likes horse meat since he has got the manners of one.
Show me one example of Alistair having bad manners. I met him and he was cool, and my buddy who works on Dexter hung out with him a few times and said he was cool too.

FACE

Banned
Show me one example of Alistair having bad manners. I met him and he was cool, and my buddy who works on Dexter hung out with him a few times and said he was cool too.

Well, for one he was chewing while taking on that k-1 video. That's fucking disgusting.

FACE

Banned
*woosh*

SJP looks like a horse and Overeem eats them, thus the getting arrested bit. Haha aren't I clever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom