• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Truth be told, both fights were kind of shitty, but had fun finishes for nostalgia purposes. Round 1 of Wand/Stann was a great scrap. Rd 2 it look like neither guy wanted to fight anymore until Wand got him with that overhand right.

Yeah...

Both Hunt and Struve seems to have made an agreement beforehand. First Struve hands Hunt his chin, then Hunt gives Struve his limbs. Wtf?

Truth be told, both fights were kind of shitty, but had fun finishes for nostalgia purposes. Round 1 of Wand/Stann was a great scrap. Rd 2 it look like neither guy wanted to fight anymore until Wand got him with that overhand right.

fuck dat. Those fights were fun as hell to watch. IDK what u smokin. There was a few exchanges in the 2nd from what I remember.

charsace

Depending on how things play out with hendricks/condit and diaz/gsp, K1/ADCC-Maia might be the next best available guy by default. 3 wins in a row vs Stun-Gun, Horror Story, and Fitch is a pretty solid resume at 170. You could talk me into his resume being better than Hendricks or Condit. I think stylistically he presents an interesting opponent for slippery georges. He's got the best BJJ he's ever faced, good grappling, and a solid chin. He stood up with Silver for 25 minutes, so I don't think GSP is going to hurt him standing. something to chew on moving forward.

GSP would duck this fight hard. Maia is big for the 170 division and would take him down no problem. I also don't think GSP has the reach to keep Maia at bay with jabs. Anderson is the only one to do it and only because he's tall and has a long reach.

ShaneB

fuck dat. Those fights were fun as hell to watch. IDK what u smokin. There was a few exchanges in the 2nd from what I remember.

Don't be stupid, Hunt and Struve was god awful saved by a punch that should've landed in the first round. Why did Hunt keep jumping into Struve's guard? Fucking idiot. Them flopping around on the ground was useless and looked ridiculous.

GSP would duck this fight hard. Maia is big for the 170 division and would take him down no problem. I also don't think GSP has the reach to keep Maia at bay with jabs. Anderson is the only one to do it and only because he's tall and has a long reach.

Oh Chars go back to the NBA thread.

Vio-Lence

Banned

I concur friend. Even sworn enemies can find some common ground. Chars and yaco alliance will be like Stalin and Hitler 1939-1941.

MjFrancis

Depending on how things play out with hendricks/condit and diaz/gsp, K1/ADCC-Maia might be the next best available guy by default. 3 wins in a row vs Stun-Gun, Horror Story, and Fitch is a pretty solid resume at 170. You could talk me into his resume being better than Hendricks or Condit. I think stylistically he presents an interesting opponent for slippery georges. He's got the best BJJ he's ever faced, good grappling, and a solid chin. He stood up with Silver for 25 minutes, so I don't think GSP is going to hurt him standing. something to chew on moving forward.
I find it amusing how Hendrick's win streak after his loss to Rick Story has retroactively made that fight more important for Story.

Also, it would be nice if Hendricks could clear up that blemish on his record. If loses to Condit he could do this before a Condit rematch. If he beats Condit, they could still do it next if GSP finds someone else to fight first. Maia perhaps.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
00_original_crop_exac65a94.jpg

He knows his end is coming. Do you?

"Ello this is Georges"

wait what
I concur friend. Even sworn enemies can find some common ground. Chars and yaco alliance will be like Stalin and Hitler 1939-1941.
which one is yaco

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I haven't seen this level of delusion since Heel picked Okami. The bad part is that was a one off for Heel whereas chars does this every event.

I haven't seen this level of delusion since Heel picked Okami. The bad part is that was a one off for Heel whereas chars does this every event.

Every time someone wins at 170 Chars= GSP is going to duck him. I bet if Kos didn't get knocked out he would have said this version of Kos could beat GSP now.

Heel

lol just listened to that Matt Riddle interview on the MMA Hour. It's pretty damning when a guy that dumb is able to circumvent a positive test for years in this sport. Just pretend he's talking about juicing instead of smoking pot for a good laugh.

TheChits

lol just listened to that Matt Riddle interview on the MMA Hour. It's pretty damning when a guy that dumb is able to circumvent a positive test for years in this sport. Just pretend he's talking about juicing instead of smoking pot for a good laugh.

Him and Marcus Brimage both had good interviews.

Don't be stupid, Hunt and Struve was god awful saved by a punch that should've landed in the first round. Why did Hunt keep jumping into Struve's guard? Fucking idiot. Them flopping around on the ground was useless and looked ridiculous.

It was tense as fuck seeing Hunt just playing in his guard. I was expecting him to be submitted right when it hit the ground. I was at the edge of my seat, praying that the fight would be on the feet again. When it was standing he was nailing Struve with hard shots. That fight was intense if you're a Hunt fan.

Heel

It was tense as fuck seeing Hunt just playing in his guard. I was expecting him to be submitted right when it hit the ground. I was at the edge of my seat, praying that the fight would be on the feet again. When it was standing he was nailing Struve with hard shots. That fight was intense if you're a Hunt fan.

I'm with you. Hunt playing with fire made it one of the best of the year so far.

Watson vs. Nedkov
Hunt vs. Struve
Wand vs. Stann
Rousey vs. Carmouche

Anything else worth a shit this year? It's all a blur.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm with you. Hunt playing with fire made it one of the best of the year so far.

Watson vs. Nedkov
Hunt vs. Struve
Wand vs. Stann
Rousey vs. Carmouche

Grice/Bermudez

TheChits

Watson vs. Nedkov
Hunt vs. Struve
Wand vs. Stann
Rousey vs. Carmouche

Grice vs. Bermudez son. Come on
Edit: Chamber knows what's up

Heel

Round of the year, IMO:

1. Wand vs. Stann, round 1
2. Watson vs. Nedkov, round 2
3. Rousey vs. Carmouche, round 1
4. Bermudez vs. Grice, round 3

Vio-Lence

Banned
Round of the year, IMO:

1. Wand vs. Stann, round 1
2. Watson vs. Nedkov, round 2
3. Rousey vs. Carmouche, round 1

none stand-up to the round of the forever, Diaz vs Daley, that was a scrap for the ages.

Another good fight Joe Silver could book is Outlaw Hardy vs Ruthless 1. Potential SOTY candidate right there.

You gotta be kidding me.

Did that fight featured more drama, near submissions, and finishes than the last 6 years of GSP? Y or N?

EDIT:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48884637&postcount=1

who's this guy crapping?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Rousey/Carmouche was good because I could imagine Dana completely panicking when Liz took her back.

Vio-Lence

Banned
now that Hector Lombard got Okami'd, a loser leaves town match between Count Bisping and Lombard makes perfect sense, and it's right in Joe Silver's wheel house of loser/loser match-ups.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They must have lost so much money from Lombard. From his huge contract to actually being sponsored by UFC. Disappointment to say the least.

TheChits

now that Hector Lombard got Okami'd, a loser leaves town match between Count Bisping and Lombard makes perfect sense, and it's right in Joe Silver's wheel house of loser/loser match-ups.

Bisping won't be cut. Even if he loses they will keep him as an analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom