• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget if I saw it here or tweeted from frontrowbrian but could someone link me to that article about Cro Cop Pride fights being works?

Yeah I guess works isn't the right word but it said his opponents didn't know they were fighting him till the night before and that Cro Crop friendly refs were always officiating his fights.

BTW Bonnar at 2:40 and Hunt at 3:00 on Ariel Helwani's show today. I'd love to be able to hear that live.

Vio-Lence

Banned
well isn't that true for most fights in Pride. from what i understand fights were not book months in advance like they are no, and guys had to be ready to fight on a few weeks notice.

Hunto huh? I'll be listening. And yeah Vio-friend, Wanderlei would be told months in advance that he's fighting so-and-so, but his opponent would get notice like the day before that his opponent is changing and it is now Wanderlei.

Pride was run by the yakuza, so no surprise really. There's a story out there about one of the guys that worked at pride or whatever, and it was just like the shit you see in movies.

Pride was run by the yakuza, so no surprise really. There's a story out there about one of the guys that worked at pride or whatever, and it was just like the shit you see in movies.
Yeah that's the guy in that linked interview, Mirko and Fedor's former manager. He went on MMA Uncensored Live and talked about the whole Inoki Bom Ba Ye '03 fiasco.

TheChits

Yeah I guess works isn't the right word but it said his opponents didn't know they were fighting him till the night before and that Cro Crop friendly refs were always officiating his fights.

BTW Bonnar at 2:40 and Hunt at 3:00 on Ariel Helwani's show today. I'd love to be able to hear that live.
Fitch and Edgar will be on too. Really interested to hear what Fitch has to say

Didn't know that. Yeah sounds like a good show. I'm hoping Fitch and Hunt dish some dirt. And I wonder if Edgar heard the story going around yesterday that Aldo said in an interview with a Brazilian mma site that Aldo laughed at how easy it was to beat Edgar?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The movie "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" is on TV right now.

This kid is the most excruciatingly, painfully annoying fictional entity ever created. I actually want this kid to exist in real life so I can slap the shit out of him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I really want Aldo to move up to 155# so we can see him tear up that division.

I don't think he would but Aldo at 145 looks like a bigger joke everyday. KZ, Lamas, Koch, Mendes, etc? He's so far above these dudes it's not even funny. He's probably further above his competition than even Georges and Anderson are in their divisions.

TheChits

Colin Fletcher seems like a really cool dude. I think I have to pull for him against Ricci
edit: Okay this guy is awesome. War Freakshow

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm so happy to see the backfire on the guy who posted his picture. What a doofus

Do you prefer GOMAD and Rippetoe Starting Strength alternative?

dHrG7Bg.jpg

Compounds lifts have their place, along with conditioning, hypertrophy, and a good diet. Looking good naked to bed beautiful people is the goal for 99% of the public.

Didn't know that. Yeah sounds like a good show. I'm hoping Fitch and Hunt dish some dirt. And I wonder if Edgar heard the story going around yesterday that Aldo said in an interview with a Brazilian mma site that Aldo laughed at how easy it was to beat Edgar?

Ariel just brought it up.. Edgar brushing it off. "It was a close fight" "He says a lot of stuff it's whatever" "I don't know if that's a good attitude to have, you know, as a champion."

Heel

Ariel just brought it up.. Edgar brushing it off. "It was a close fight" "He says a lot of stuff it's whatever" "I don't know if that's a good attitude to have, you know, as a champion."

If anything this sport needs more champions laughing in the face of their opponent. Ted DiBiase style.

TheChits

Physically he looks okay aside from his legs. My disdain for him comes from the fact that he actually says "you mad brah".
Edit: Wow Bonnar bailed on the show. Just texted Ariel and said he wouldn't come on

Vio-Lence

Banned
If anything this sport needs more champions laughing in the face of their opponent. Ted DiBiase style.

Edgar is going to keep cutting weight divisions until he can win a match. Many laughs will be had when Cub Swanson sends him down to 135# and a fight with Dom Cruz.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Physically he looks okay aside from his legs. My disdain for him comes from the fact that he actually says "you mad brah".
Edit: Wow Bonnar bailed on the show. Just texted Ariel and said he wouldn't come on

Its just uncomfortable being blindsided by a photo of an aggressively romo man exercising his 'alternative' tendencies in a locker room while browsing a video game forum. Also if i knew that looking that way was considered impressive I would have posted pictures of myself when i was 12 a long time ago.

^ For some reason when you say Frank I think of Frank Mir instead of Edgar and I just loled at the idea of him rolling on the ground with tiny Cub Swanson. The sad part is though that Swanson could probably put Mir on Liberace Lane.

Thanks for the update. Has Hunt called Dana out on his bullshit, lying about him not wanting the JDS fight?

TheChits

Thanks for the update. Has Hunt called Dana out on his bullshit, lying about him not wanting the JDS fight?

Hunt hasn't come on yet. Bonnar decided that he would do the interview and called in. So far he has just been talking about taking roids and how he screwed up his relationship with the UFC. Apparently he wasn't planning on fighting again and was taking roids to recover when he got the call to fight Silva. He only had 3 weeks to prepare so he didn't have time to get them out of his system

Not yet, Bonnar randomly decided to pop up.

I see what you did there.

Hunt hasn't come on yet. Bonnar decided that he would do the interview and called in. So far he has just been talking about taking roids and how he screwed up his relationship with the UFC. Apparently he wasn't planning on fighting again and was taking roids to recover when he got the call to fight Silva. He only had 3 weeks to prepare so he didn't have time to get them out of his system

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/dHrG7Bg.jpg[/IMG

Compounds lifts have their place, along with conditioning, hypertrophy, and a good diet. Looking good naked to bed beautiful people is the goal for 99% of the public.[/QUOTE]
Too bad that dude in the other thread looks like a fish. My new goal is getting shredded since I can't truly lift heavy any more.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm not hating. He's got a swimmers or A&F physique. Solid upper body for getting laid on spring break or summer pool party/beach season.

Jerry if you had to pick physiques would you take this 155# lightweight or lets say the fat guy in the fitness thread who posted his 3 month bulking progress pictures today. He was fat before and 3 months later he was fatter than Fedor. And the dudes in fitness gaf were like looking swole bro.

Option A or B?

I think he even said he was 5"10 first.

I'm not hating. He's got a swimmers or A&F physique. Solid upper body for getting laid on spring break or summer pool party/beach season.

Jerry if you had to pick physiques would you take this 155# lightweight or lets say the fat guy in the fitness thread who posted his 3 month bulking progress pictures today. He was fat before and 3 months later he was fatter than Fedor. And the dudes in fitness gaf were like looking swole bro.

Option A or B?

He's just being an asshole. But, link to that swole bit?

If it's the one I think it is....did the guy forget that he's supposed to diet or something? Like...3 months and it's still there. All of it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Option A or B?

I just wonder why they're perpetuating the myth that lifting for size somehow doesnt make you stronger. Muscles will simply not grow without increasing their work load period. Yea coleman and yates werent as strong as a traditional power lifter but look at them. Id rather look like a statue of a roman god than be a sloppy fat dude throwing up half a ton. ''Hurr but im stronger''. Yea good for you you fat fuck have fun lifting a miyata while some swole roid monkey is beating your GF's back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom