• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If everyone stays this trigger happy we're gonna end up getting banned in waves like we did at the beginning of ot3. The thread you SHOULD be looking at is the chimp vs martial artist thread. That shit is a comedy mine of misinformed gold.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If everyone stays this trigger happy we're gonna end up getting banned in waves like we did at the beginning of ot3. The thread you SHOULD be looking at is the chimp vs martial artist thread. That shit is a comedy mine of misinformed gold.

Who's getting banned?

Its just a matter of time until a mod LNPs poly. This is by far the longest stretch he's ever gone without getting banned. If someone created a thread about this it'd be a huge honeypot:

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...world-needs-education-on-transgender-athletes

Please dont do that though.

EDIT: Friends, even if you have the opportunity to see it for free I dont recommend watching Lawless. What a long drawn out affair where almost nothing happens. I should've known since Shia Lebouf is the main character but I was lured by the presence of Guy Pearce, Tom Hardy, and Jessica Chastain. Also, if there's ever a movie about Ben Askren I think Jason Clarke should play him. Just give him a curly fro wig and he's set!

- Explains why people are wrong for buying consoles when a PC is clearly more powerful.
Face?

I tried watching last night but couldn't make it to the main event. Its too boring. Boxing has become the wrestling of striking.
I only saw parts of one undercard fight but I was actually thinking that you know UFC has gotten bad when I am actually enjoying boxing.

I watched the last Bellator prelims. LOL at that 30-24 fight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

Its just a matter of time until a mod LNPs poly. This is by far the longest stretch he's ever gone without getting banned. If someone created a thread about this it'd be a huge honeypot:

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...world-needs-education-on-transgender-athletes

Please dont do that though.
I've been pretty disciplined since my last banning, hopefully I don't get got for something stupid. Oh and regarding the trans WMMA fighter, there's already a thread about that, with a few casualties.

Weidman poses a threat, but I can't understand how he poses the biggest threat to Anderson Silva yet, nor do I understand how some simply believe that he's gonna be easy work for weidman.

He's going to outstrike Anderson? GNP? What makes it so obvious...

TheNatural

My Member!
Weidman poses a threat, but I can't understand how he poses the biggest threat to Anderson Silva yet, nor do I understand how some simply believe that he's gonna be easy work for weidman.

He's going to outstrike Anderson? GNP? What makes it so obvious...

Kinda like Bernard Hopkins, haters are just hoping his age catches up with him eventually so they can either talk shit and say some other fighter was always better, or put over a new "star."

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Trying to explain to you two how someone is going to beat Canderson is like trying to explain to me and Boogie how someone is going to beat GSP. Ain't nobody trying to hear that shit, playboy.

Side note: Just watched True Romance for the first time. Great movie and Patty Arquette was pretty hot back then.

MjFrancis

Side note: Just watched True Romance for the first time. Great movie and Patty Arquette was pretty hot back then.
Gary Oldman was something else in that movie, too. He played a good villain.

Fun Fact: If you think True Romance comes across as Tarantino's favorite wet dream transferred to film, that's because it was.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gary Oldman is a chameleon. I've never been the type to try and choose a favorite actor/actress but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be him.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
These guys have employable skills
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/10/4079816/for-many-young-fighters-retirement-calls-early
some choice quotes

Even though Bellator was readying a major move to Spike -- a change which promised more exposure and eventually, more money -- it wasn't enough to keep Konrad in the fold.

"When I was weighing the opportunity I was given vs. fighting, I had to face the reality that fighting is a pretty dead-end job," he said. "Am I going to be 35 or 40 and still fighting? Then where do I go when I'm done, when I've never had a real job? Was I going to make as much money where I would be able to retire at that age? It's possible. But the reality is, given my physique, I didn't see that happening. However you want to look at it, that definitely plays a part. You have to look the part, act the part, be the part to cash big checks. I was pretty successful fighting, but in other aspects I wasn't exactly what was being sought for a high-profile fighter."

Take Kingsbury, for instance. The 30-year-old came on the major MMA scene in 2008 as part of season 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. Almost five years later, Kingsbury is still on his original UFC contract. In his last fight, he made $12,000. To ease the financial burden, he's had to work full-time jobs during each of his last two camps, but that's taken away from his training as well as robbed him of valuable rest and recovery time.

"In MMA, you train year-round, every day," Denis said. "You put in tons of hours. Your job evaluation -- what your boss sees -- is only 15 minutes, maybe every 4-6 months. And your boss and everyone else judges you on that. They don't see everything else that you do. They don't see the grueling training. On top of that, at any time, you could lose your job. If you have a family and bills, you probably wouldn't want to stay there too long. There are people out there who think this is the best job in the world. But when you have intelligent fighters leaving young, what does that say?"

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
One of the good things about GAF is the lack of desperate callouts and juvenile attempts at profundity in signatures. So this guy goes and puts a desperate callout in his avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom