• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I know Gr1m. I thought the whole point to working out was aesthetics. To look good to bed some women and intimidate other guys. At least that was my goal back in the day before getting married. Now I lift to let off some steam, maintain a modicum of strength, and not be a total waste of space, or at least that's how I rationalize my declining physique.

Heel

Mark Hunt saying he didn't like how he was being treated. UFC was giving him one hotel room for 4 guys and no extra tickets. Said Dana was unaware and fixed some problems after the phone call.

lol his son blowing up his spot. "He likes to eat KFC every single day."

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49731537&postcount=573

ZRBJYqI.gif

He was morbidly obese, people: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49748322&postcount=613

That's why he has the gyno. He wants to put on some more lean mass before he cuts all the way down, probably because loose skin can be a permanent problem otherwise. God forbid he gets some encouragement from people in the thread though; we should all be laughing and telling him to go on a diet, right?

If you are not going to eat clean than don't even waste your time working out. You will never see results. I say this as somebody that has been working out for 15 years and use to be a personal trainer at Equinox. I cant stress a good diet enough.

TheChits

He was morbidly obese, people: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49748322&postcount=613

That's why he has the gyno. He wants to put on some more lean mass before he cuts all he way down, probably because loose skin can be a permanent problem otherwise. God forbid he gets some encouragement from people in the thread though; we should all be laughing and telling him to go on a diet, right?

I think you underestimate how mean spirited some of these people are

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
If you are not going to eat clean than don't even waste your time working out. You will never see results. I say this as somebody that has been working out for 15 years and use to be a personal trainer at Equinox. I cant stress a good diet enough.

Can't tell if satire?

Vio-Lence

Banned
EL boss, perhaps singling out an individual poster from the Fitness Thread was in poor taste, however it was done to expose the silliness of that threads dogmatic adherence to starting strength. Power-lifting good, hypertrophy bad ad nauseam. It's similar to the endless fighters versus athlete debate in MMA-GAF.

Heel

Shane Douglas is the positive influence we deserve.

Much like wrasslin' fans, Ultimate fans have grown bitter as the product has declined.

Remain positive, friends. Mark Hunt has been bulking for 15 years waiting for the opportunity to cut versus Junior Dos Santos.

Boogie

I know Gr1m. I thought the whole point to working out was aesthetics. To look good to bed some women and intimidate other guys. At least that was my goal back in the day before getting married. Now I lift to let off some steam, maintain a modicum of strength, and not be a total waste of space, or at least that's how I rationalize my declining physique.

I work out so that when the day comes that some asshole turns around and decides that he's not going to wear the bracelets that day, I still come out on top.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EL boss, perhaps singling out an individual poster from the Fitness Thread was in poor taste, however it was done to expose the silliness of that threads dogmatic adherence to starting strength. Power-lifting good, hypertrophy bad ad nausea. It's similar to the endless fighters versus athlete debate in MMA-GAF.

?? Tons of people in there are on hypertrophy plans. People in there doing bodyweight plans as well.

What is discouraged is the use of nautilus machines and isolation work. Those became popular in conjunction with steroids, and do fuck-all for hypertrophy or athletic performance on a natural lifter.

It's not dogmatic adherence, it's just keeping it simple. People don't need customization on how many inverted standing swiss ball bench presses to do per week. You go to a personal trainer for that (to also accomplish nothing). For beginner advice, which is most people who ask, it's "do you have access to a barbell and a squat rack? yes? then go squat, deadlift, and overhead press for 3-9 months and come back when you're not able to put more weight on the bar every week."

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He was morbidly obese, people: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=613

That's why he has the gyno. He wants to put on some more lean mass before he cuts all he way down, probably because loose skin can be a permanent problem otherwise. God forbid he gets some encouragement from people in the thread though; we should all be laughing and telling him to go on a diet, right?
I was not aware he was obese, I was just digging up the post. I also was not aware of what he was trying to achieve, I just saw two relatively similar pictures and was sharing for the interested third party.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I work out so that when the day comes that some asshole turns around and decides that he's not going to wear the bracelets that day, I still come out on top.
Don't mounties carry a shock stick or was the WWF full of shit?

But ya strength training has some practical application to law enforcement. The rest of us joes work out to counteract the atrophy of being desk monkeys.

Boogie go check out the last page of ufc 158 thread . I don't recognize that guy.

One thing for sure about gsp/Diaz they're both going to look like shit after they both punch each other. Those two swell fast as fuck whenever they are hit.

Heel

Georgie is legit shook.

I just don’t like that I’m made out to be this serpentine person that needs to be shot down, or needs to be conquered, you know?

Plywood, MMA-GAF and beyond know full well that you're a super hero coming in with the anti-bullshit.

Is EviLore one to scold people for laughing and being unconstructive towards someone's life problem on GAF? You tell me, friend.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Plywood, MMA-GAF and beyond know full well that you're a super hero coming in with the anti-bullshit.

Is EviLore one to scold people for laughing and being unconstructive towards someone's life problem on GAF? You tell me, friend.

Let's go with this, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom