• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I get it.

Uriah Hall was his preparation, now that he saw it works he's applying it to Bones.

If that's the tactic Sonnen's using to sell this fight then he's got his arsehole mixed up with his breakfast. Everyone already knows Jones is freakishly good, that's why they aren't too keen on watching him toy with another middleweight. I don't know what Dana and co were expecting from Chael hype-wise but I'd have to imagine they're pretty disappointed.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they expected JBJ to play along. Dude looks about as uninterested in this fight as I am.

Haha true. Not sure what he could say though as Anderson's already taken care of the "Shale is so cocky I can't wait to see him get beat down" market. When all Chael is coming up with is "Jones is unbelievably good but wink wink I'm the best fighter in the world and he's a kid it's going to be easy," apathetic silence almost seems appropriate.

Maybe Jones should have worn a gi all the time on TUF, spoken in broken Portugese whenever he didn't have a mouthful of happy meal and promised to submit him from his back.

Chael is gonna get worked but people seem to act as if he's gonna take it like a biznitch. Dude is gonna push the fight, not gonna wait as Jones chips away at him.

Chael was a great choice when the iron was hot as a spur of the moment replacement during the whole Hendo dropping out fiasco back in September. But when you're given time to contemplate him as an opponent it just doesn't make sense. I'm still excited for this fight but I wish Jones had a legitimate contender in his weight class. There's no real stakes to this fight. The likely outcome is Jones will win and we'll all say "Of course!" because he's fighting a middleweight. Which by the way, and this is completely UFC brass's fault - but Jones, arguably the largest fighter at LHW, hasn't fought someone in his own weight class in over a year.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
One of the guys who trains with us has returned from training with AKA. He'll be fighting again next month IIRC.

From what I can tell he was run absolutely ragged by DC and Cain. Should have some pretty good stories to tell.

If that's the tactic Sonnen's using to sell this fight then he's got his arsehole mixed up with his breakfast. Everyone already knows Jones is freakishly good, that's why they aren't too keen on watching him toy with another middleweight. I don't know what Dana and co were expecting from Chael hype-wise but I'd have to imagine they're pretty disappointed.

It's not about hype.

Sonnen is trying to get Bones to fully drink his own kool aid, to really buy into his hype. Basically, Sonnen wants Bones to not take the fight as seriously as he would otherwise and open up to big mistakes.

I mean it doesn't take Einstein to understand how full of shit he is by saying Bones would beat Ali and Mike Tyson at the same time. Dude would get brain dead in 1 minute flat.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I don't understand how that shit camp still manages to hold on to its bigger talent.

Isn't Overeem getting paid to train there? I remember reading something to that effect.

The entire camp comes across as more a marketing scheme than an actual gym.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Huh, turns out one of my former co-workers (he stopped working there before I got hired) is/was a student of Roll(e?)s Gracie. I had no idea how to ask him whether the Roll he trained under is the can who gassed in the UFC in embarassing fashion or his father.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Brothers toiling miserably in the corporate world, this is for y'all:

Work-Week.jpeg

Is that the same middle finger he gave to the fans with that boring-ass shit performance? How do you mess up your fingers by wall-n-stalling anyway?
all lolz aside, he did hit murr with some hard ass shots during said wall-n-stall.

Lol

Mfker has glass hands, even though he has enough torque to knockout a bull.
They don't call him Black Fedor aka Fedor Emilianegro for nothing.

MjFrancis

Even though the Mir v. Cormier matchup was dull, it was amazing just how helpless Mir was through it all.

I wasn't too surprised by the tedium, either - my wife asked why I hated Frank Mir so much and I reminded her we payed for Mir v. CroCop.

Heel

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Stop a guy for the first time in his UFC career and you're still ranked below him. What?

Ariel Shnerer (Fight Network) said:
Champion : Benson Henderson
1 Gilbert Melendez +1
2 Gray Maynard +1
3 Diego Sanchez +2
4 Anthony Pettis
5 Josh Thomson +5
6 Nate Diaz
7 Donald Cerrone
8 Takanori Gomi +1
9 Jim Miller -1
10 Jorge Masvidal *NR

...?

dream

I can't believe Dominator Cruz STILL hasn't been stripped of the title. This is fucking ridiculous. Is it because he's a good looking and articulate caucasian athlete?

According to wiki his father is Mexican. Doesn't say what his mom is though. And I agree that he should be stripped of his title.

Number of title defenses by champs since Cruz has been out

Jones = 3
Silva = 2
GSP = 2
Bendo = 2
Aldo = 2

dream

I guess the safe thing to do in ambiguous situations like this is to go on appearances. On that basis, Gil is very Mexican. So much so that he could be in a Chicano rap group or possibly even MS-13.

GilbertMelendez-F.png

Dominator Cruz, in contrast...

WECBantamweightChampDominickCruz1.jpg

...looks like a clean-cut Caucasian to the point where I'd let my daughter date him. Dude looks like he could be a member of 98 Degrees.

98DegreessongPics11FZ3dM7mNwhbzM.jpg

quit my job, 2 days.

it's completely soul sucking, will crushing. the type of job for those who have no other employable skills to fall on.

i'm still young, i got Sales to fall back on anytime i want, fuck 8 hours on the phone in a cubicle.

TheNatural

My Member!
I can't believe Dominator Cruz STILL hasn't been stripped of the title. This is fucking ridiculous. Is it because he's a good looking and articulate caucasian athlete?

Does it make any difference? Barao has the interim belt and they're going to fight when he comes back regardless, and no one will consider Barao the real champ until he beats him anyway. This isn't WWE.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
quit my job, 2 days.

it's completely soul sucking, will crushing. the type of job for those who have no other employable skills to fall on.

i'm still young, i got Sales to fall back on anytime i want, fuck 8 hours on the phone in a cubicle.

Lol. You certainly hung in there.

Lol. You certainly hung in there.

not even the ridiculous amount of hot women there could make me digest that job. you could see the soul slipping away from the body everytime a call got through.

i worked over a dozen different jobs to this day, some i enjoyed greatly, miss them very much, others not so much, but none was as defeating and depressing as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom