• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddream

Banned
Mousasi is a can in the ultimate. he's fucking lazy, slow, and can't defend takedowns. anyone who goes to a draw with 2011 or 2012 keith jardine is not a top tenner.

as opposed to powerfully sprawling 2010 Jardine

QND8v.jpg

or the unorthodox striker prime 2008 Jardine

3i6Dr.gif

Heel

Mousasi would easily be a top fiver as a heavyweight kickboxer, but he wouldn't make near the money he does right now. He legit embarassed Kyotaro on NYE a few years ago, a guy who wasn't at all far removed from beating Saki, JLB, Aerts, etc.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We can use the "so and so looked like shit against fighter x" to discredit any fighter.

Michael Bisping is not a top tenner. He got his ass kicked by 2010 Wand.

Dan Henderson is not a top tenner. He got wrestlefucked by a welterweight in 2010.

etc...

Mousasi would easily be a top fiver as a heavyweight kickboxer, but he wouldn't make near the money he does right now. He legit embarassed Kyotaro on NYE a few years ago, a guy who wasn't at all far removed from beating Saki, JLB, Aerts, etc.
That's Mousasi's most impressive win for me in either sport, when he dominated Kyotaro. In fact, Kyotaro hasn't fought since. He retired the K-1 Heavyweight Champion.

Even though that title was a total sham they made up because they were salty that Schilt was winning everything.

Heel

Bellator's first Spike card is top-to-bottom Bad MMA purity.

JJ "I fought for Affliction, remember?" Ambrose vs. Brian "Cung's Fairtex" Warren
Michael "I'll never retire!" Guymon vs. Tachi, Affliction and IFL jobber Savant Young
TUF washout Jamie Yager
Joe "No relation to Macho" Camacho
Forgotten UFC veteran Jason Lambert vs. Forgotten UFC veteran Hector "SICK DOG" Ramirez
Emanuel fucking Newton
Seth "IT'S RRRRRRROCKY!" Petruzelli
Renatch Sobral vs. an M-1 Ruskie
Pat Lil Frog Curran vs. one of those Pitbulls

Be there, friends.

What the fuck happened to UFC.com

It's not an unbearably ugly, badly designed mess anymore

Oh and I'll be watching Bellator while working, and in nerd chat too y'all.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
so is Overeem and he's doing well.

I don't know. Overeem was averaging about 2 takedowns per fight in K1 and relied on the double handed plum so much that he repeatedly went for it even after they banned it. His standing offense is probably better suited to the mixed martials.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Pitbull fighting tonight the one at hasnt fought in a long time? I see Curran being patient and countering his way to victory. From the fights I've seen he has never seemed to be aggressive from the start.

FACE

Banned
Is the Pitbull fighting tonight the one at hasnt fought in a long time? I see Curran being patient and countering his way to victory. From the fights I've seen he has never seemed to be aggressive from the start.

I think so, Curran is going to whoop that ass.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
See. This is what happens when you fuck with a dude who dodges bears while ice skating to work every day. Godspeed Douglas. You make the shit out of that tasty ass syrup

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ugly win but still a win. Nice to see this team play D again.

edit: told you guys Babalu was brought in just to be a jobber

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
These random Sambo guys that Bellator and the UFC bring in known how to bang. Bellator is probably pissed about Babalu already losing. The ref let him take like 5 extra shots to the head.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Holy shit friends i almost got ran off the road by a semi on the way to work. I think ill take that as a sign from the universe that i need to get a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom