• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francisco Filho

0054_tl3t.gif

tournament is going to be a work just like real k1 right?

nope. legit COM vs COM matches. only human interference is bracket creation. the rest is the PS1 CPU.

ok, we got the first 8:

Jerome LeBanner - LP
Ernesto Hoost - THACHITS
Mike Bernardo - Master Thespian
Glaube Feitosa - Heel
Mirko Crocop - Vio-Lence
Peter Aerts - AstroZombie
Stefan Leko - Gr1mLock
Musashi - TheKaeptain

i'll post the brackets and the matches tomorrow. the final will be a in a separate post to create some suspense.

Can, you're the 9th guy. if there's enough people you'll enter the 2nd tounament. if not, i'll give you a super fight in this 1st one.

dream

I can't support this WrestleGAFesque fantasy tournament idea.

Having said that, I will fight Can Crusher in the superfight. I choose Andy Hug.

How is it even possible that Andy Hug isn't in K-1 World GP 2001?

he died in 2000.

Mark Hunt is a stranger absence, since he actually won the tournament.

this is just the first tourney, the game is in japanese but i think i've seen a fighter creator. i'll try to get the hang of it for future use.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'll rep my countryman Stan Longitude if there's a second tourney.

parrot, this is acidic slander.

When you have the opportunity to make Chamber wear a Bryant Gumbel avatar, no matter how slim the odds may be, you take it no questions asked. I'm a damn hero over here.
At first I thought Chamber had taken to referring to himself in 3rd person and I didn't understand what our boy was saying.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Chael wants to fight Wanderlei?

I wonder if the UFC would be up for The Ultimate Fighter: USA vs. Brazil, because they would make decent coaches.

IIRC he was a wildcard entry because Sefo (or Crocop?) got injured.

first tournament is done, i'll start uploading soon.

we need 3 more folks for the 2nd tournament. drm and poly, if you wanna choose a different fighter, be my guest.

if i don't get enough people, everyone beyond the first 8 will get a super fight inserted in the 1st tournament.

he died in 2000.

this is just the first tourney, the game is in japanese but i think i've seen a fighter creator. i'll try to get the hang of it for future use.

The fighter creator in that game is frustrating; the training is shitty, and your custom character can't seriously damage the legit fighters when the CPU actually gives a fuck about the matches.

That being said, if you wanted to throw some cans into the lion's den for everyone's amusement, the gesture would be appreciated.

I'll "participate" in the 2nd tournament.

cool, pick a fighter from the ones left.

The fighter creator in that game is frustrating; the training is shitty, and your custom character can't seriously damage the legit fighters when the CPU actually gives a fuck about the matches.

That being said, if you wanted to throw some cans into the lion's den for everyone's amusement, the gesture would be appreciated.

i tried for a little while. it's slow, you have to spend points to buy moves, it's in japanese... i already have the next big tournament lined up with a different game and that one allows easy character creation. but lets do this one first.

i tried for a little while. it's slow, you have to spend points to buy moves, it's in japanese... i already have the next big tournament lined up with a different game and that one allows easy character creation. but lets do this one first.

Sounds good.

As much as I want to see Can vs dream, I should probably participate in something with this thread for once. So I'll take Nakasako; he's a buy for half the roster anyway, so it's like a non-entry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someday Wrasslegaf wouldn't mind a Wrasslegaf vs MMA-GAF tournament

Any game you want!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
cool, pick a fighter from the ones left.

Amada for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
iNlIoAW8k5R2l.gif

May Chamber's worst fears come to fruition. Sunflower, let's book this thang playboy. Do you have Fire Pro or anything like that?

I got Fire Pro on my PS2, got WWE13, Undisputed 3, can do custom or whatever. Fire Pro might be best, I dunno.

Let's sit on the idea for a bit until what all is currently going on pans out - we have a Wrasslegaf tourney that's currently going on. I'm alllll for this though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
if we going into creating, i'll just create ourselves.

anyways, i'll talk to Sunflower. they got their tournament going, maybe we should wait till both their and ours are done and we can move to cross-promotion.

also, friends, just 1 more person needed for the second tournament.

Ideally I'd like to stream the finals live. Not sure if I would want to do a normal card or tournament-style - if it's tournament style there's the possibility of the finals being wrassle vs wrassle. Which would still be alright, but...I dunno.

A normal fight card would be pretty dope though as we all have our different tiers of wrestler/fighter and who deserves to fight who. Really though I can go either way.

This could be a good side project until GWF 2.0 fires up. Heel is confirmed for GWF also. Will he bring in a stable of legit shoot fighters?! Will the lighthearted gallivanting of a wrasslin league be put in danger of injury and pain!?

Ideally I'd like to stream the finals live. Not sure if I would want to do a normal card or tournament-style - if it's tournament style there's the possibility of the finals being wrassle vs wrassle. Which would still be alright, but...I dunno.

A normal fight card would be pretty dope though as we all have our different tiers of wrestler/fighter and who deserves to fight who. Really though I can go either way.

This could be a good side project until GWF 2.0 fires up. Heel is confirmed for GWF also. Will he bring in a stable of legit shoot fighters?! Will the lighthearted gallivanting of a wrasslin league be put in danger of injury and pain!?

normal fight card sounds better. you can have 10 MMA-Gaf vs Wrassle-Gaf with different rules sets each.

Man do I wish Returns had a story mode : (

Host, wanna pick a fighter? i'm only 1 man short.

Heel

Main event: 20-man Wrassle-GAF vs. MMA-GAF battle royal

WE WANT THE GOLD SUCKAS.

eYXIQKb.gif

Sx0EkEK.png

- every fight is COM vs COM, no player controlled character.
- what you see is the first attempt. no second tries, you lose, you lose.
- i tried higher video quality but it brought my laptop down to its knees.
- first fight had me in tears for a good 5 minute, you'll see why.

without further delay, the MMA-GAF K-1 TOURNAMENT QUARTER-FINALS!

QF1 Mike Bernardo (Master Thespian) vs Glaube Feitosa(Heel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_V9Q_JnZCA&feature=youtu.be

QF2 Jerome LeBanner (LP) vs Ernesto Hoost (THACHITS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gew824j36AY&feature=youtu.be

QF3 Stefan Leko (Gr1m) vs Musashi (TheKaeptain)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46sTHEewgE&feature=youtu.be

QF4 Peter Aerts (AstroZombie) vs Mirko Crocop (Vio-Lence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UhcHUfAsZE&feature=youtu.be

SEMI-FINALS coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom