• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evilore, i know you read our small community, i want to say i'm gonna make you a character in K-1 and have you fight the hardest opponent of them all, this Sunday.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Two years ago I thought this was an awful idea, but the UFC landscape has changed substantially since then.

After watching the UFC 159 event, and listening to this interview, I can't help but feel that maybe the UFC can finally do a 195lb division now that their roster is big enough and good enough to support it.

Before Jon Jones put a lock down on the LHW division, it didn't really make sense to do it. This was mainly because fighters, who couldn't beat Anderson, could either go down to 175 or go up to 205 for a fresh start. But now, with all three divisions firmly locked down by the p4p top 3 fighters in the sport, a lot of great fighters will never get to see a belt until Silva St. Bones retire or move up.

I think now is the best time to make a 195 pound division, so that a lot of the great fighters, who were either already beaten by Silva and Jones or just barely missed a chance to fight them, can move up or down and fight it out at 195.

Fighters like Evans, Munoz, Bisping, Sonnen, Vitor, Wanderlei, Franklin, Hendo and many more would be a perfect fit for this weight class. I believe they would jump at the chance to fight as Super Middleweights for a new belt. Which fighters would you like to see move to 195 if the UFC decided to create it? And who do you think would win the belt at that weight class?

i had some to take care of, it's back on track.

pretty much gonna go back to sales starting monday, as a team leader. gonna pick 4 poor souls to work under my bosshood.

Where?

This is why you never get more than one date out of someone.

mushrbemp.gif

FngSliV.png

vYgywH7.png

- every fight is COM vs COM, no player controlled character.
- what you see is the first attempt. no second tries, you lose, you lose.
- i tried higher video quality but it brought my laptop down to its knees.

fuck, this tourny is 10x better than the first. it features:

- liver kick KOs
- spinning back heel kick KOs
- rolling thunder knockdowns

SEMIS coming in a couple of hours.

QF1 Tsuyoshi Nakasako (SousedLouse) vs Hiromi Amada (sazabirules)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12IkXMZX8GU&feature=youtu.be

QF2 Xhavit Bajrami (Plywood) vs Nicholas Pettas (FACE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AK8n0BcTk&feature=youtu.be

QF3 Francisco Filho (CanCrusher) vs Stan The Man (A More Normal Bird)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5TXYeL8vN8&feature=youtu.be

QF4 Ray Sefo (muddream) vs Cyril Abidi (GungHo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUu0rS4PbVk&feature=youtu.be

Two years ago I thought this was an awful idea, but the UFC landscape has changed substantially since then.

After watching the UFC 159 event, and listening to this interview, I can't help but feel that maybe the UFC can finally do a 195lb division now that their roster is big enough and good enough to support it.

Before Jon Jones put a lock down on the LHW division, it didn't really make sense to do it. This was mainly because fighters, who couldn't beat Anderson, could either go down to 175 or go up to 205 for a fresh start. But now, with all three divisions firmly locked down by the p4p top 3 fighters in the sport, a lot of great fighters will never get to see a belt until Silva St. Bones retire or move up.

I think now is the best time to make a 195 pound division, so that a lot of the great fighters, who were either already beaten by Silva and Jones or just barely missed a chance to fight them, can move up or down and fight it out at 195.

Fighters like Evans, Munoz, Bisping, Sonnen, Vitor, Wanderlei, Franklin, Hendo and many more would be a perfect fit for this weight class. I believe they would jump at the chance to fight as Super Middleweights for a new belt. Which fighters would you like to see move to 195 if the UFC decided to create it? And who do you think would win the belt at that weight class?

Teixeira could probably get a lot farther in a hypothetical 195-pound division; his matches probably wouldn't get shifted around as much, too, since the pool of available fighters would be more stable. Shogun would do pretty well, I think, and Machida could trash most of the fighters who'd come into a new weightclass for a fresh start.

Seems like lots of people are interested in a 195-pound class; I don't really know why Dana White is more interested in a 115-pound class.

QF1 Tsuyoshi Nakasako (SousedLouse) vs Hiromi Amada (sazabirules)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12IkXMZX8GU&feature=youtu.be

Nakasako was knocked down in the first 6 seconds of the match - this game is so damn realistic that it hurts. I just wish my match was as interesting as the others.

muddream

Banned
I'd like to see a 200lbs lightheavy, a 220lbs cruiserweight and an unrestricted heavyweight division. That's the only sensible solution I can think of to bridge the huge gap between 185 and 205 without creating a pity division for fighters who got their asses kicked by the reigning champions.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Meh, fuck that. If you're not good enough to beat Jones, Silva or GSP, too fuckin bad. Don't see why they should do what they already did at Bantamweight when they created the Flyweight division which is dilute an already thin talent pool.

I have absolutely no interest in a 195lbs weight class. I'm annoyed enough with the meta of playing with weight classes until you can finally get some wins. Get better or retire.

You want a new weight class every 4 and a half lbs, then Boxing more than fills that niche.

dream

God, I am so fucking terrified G-Fex will catch wind of this depravity that has taken over Ultimate GAF. ):

DmeUFrq.png

I'm going to murderize you.

I have nothing but respect for you and when we step into the ring this isn't personal.

this is it, who'll fight Master Thespian on Sunday? click the link:

GF Xhavit Bajrami (Plywood) vs Cyril Abidi (GungHo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoxFA4XdmE&feature=youtu.be

and the winner of the second MMA-GAF K-1 tournament is...

Y5Wl0jy.jpg

congratulations to GungHo, against all odds.

he will now face Thespian's Mike Bernardo for the supreme title this Sunday.

i'll post the supercard later on today, some new faces there.

also, chances are, i'll record it as one big event instead of short separate fights, full event should be between 25 and 30 minutes, maybe less given how i see some fights going.

holy shit, will you look at this card:

Pc2hnyI.png

better than most Ultimates, on par with some Bellators, almost as good as the GLORYs.

Sunday, playboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom