• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I watched Star Trek ID last night. Really good movie and came across as a proper ST movie. The lifetime ST fan that I am enjoyed it fully, especially the now-quasi-Mirror Universe aspects of it.

Heel

Eddie Alvarez going in on Bellator. Anyone listen to him on The MMA Hour? Since that interview, Bjorn Rebney denied all of his claims that Bellator attempted to change the matching period release language to only match "material terms" made by Zuffa. In response, Eddie posted the contracts on Twitter.

Edward Alvarez ‏@Ealvarezfight - 20130509155142989.pdf - https://docs.google.com/file/d/1Btg...wi7n8t0TISbMBSuK75tX1-8h3rko/edit?usp=sharing … Heres the document!!!! Am I still telling Lies ??? @bjornrebney

Edward Alvarez ‏@Ealvarezfight - 20130509155154189.pdf - https://docs.google.com/file/d/1Aqi...FVEkoEPSE-d-6EqyaNSPaiyYd0NS/edit?usp=sharing … Heres the revised version I signed !! after We caught the Added term

Edward Alvarez ‏@Ealvarezfight - I have every text message And email for the past 4 years , this Is nothing Compared to what will be released , You guys will be shocked

So shady. Feel bad for Eddie. This is gonna drag on forever.

Anybody get any of their holes glued shut?

No, but Pulga Joe and his Electricos covered Rock the Casbah and Ace of Spades. That more than made up for it.

I just saw an old lady piss in the bus stop across the street. And today while buying smokes "my" dog took a big fat shit in front of the man's stand. The bag got shredded while I was picking the shit from the pavement, and got two fingers dripping in shit. I didn't stop though, even took the first bag of shit to the trash can and came back with another bag and shit on my fingers.

It has been a weird day my friends. I can't take this much longer without UFC DANA

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I just saw an old lady piss in the bus stop across the street. And today while buying smokes "my" dog took a big fat shit in front of the man's stand. The bag got shredded while I was picking the shit from the pavement, and got two fingers dripping in shit. I didn't stop though, even took the first bag of shit to the trash can and came back with another bag and shit on my fingers.

It has been a weird day my friends. I can't take this much longer without UFC DANA

Earlier today i saw a garbage truck scrape up against at least 3 parked cars...windows doors and mirrors all gone. Yea definitely an odd day friend can wreck

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just woke up an hour ago and have done nothing but watch a French soccer match. Once the match is over I'm going to sleep again for 3 hours, before getting ready work. Dem lazy Sundays.

Heel

http://nickdiazpromotions.com/

http://nickdiazpromotions.com/nickdiazpromotions/warmma1/

Nick Diaz Presents WAR

(May 9, 2013) Professional MMA fighter, Nick Diaz, pursues a new endeavor in 2013. Launching a brand new MMA promotion called WAR under Nick Diaz Promotions LLC. WAR’s debut takes place June 22, 2013 at the Stockton Arena.

Several local fighters will compete against a field of international talent. Co-headliner and Graciefighter Caleb Mitchell will be among the elite. Yancy Mederios will headline the card against Kajan “Ragin” Johnson and Nick Diaz will be doing a signing for MMA fans.

Starting an MMA promotion has been a long time ambition for Nick and the timing seemed right to pursue this goal.

WAR MMA #1

Yancy Medeiros vs Whatshisface

June 22, 2013

Free LIVE Stream for WAR #1

Tune in here on June 22, 2013 for a free stream of War #1. Stream starts at 3pm PST/6pm EST.

iM0mH9Vtr7ZW2.gif

A pothead running a fighting organization. This will be great. I bet there won't be any administrative fuck ups whatsoever.

Friends, I've known for a while that April Fools Day is the worst day of the year to be on the internet. But its just now hitting me that Mother's Day is the worst day to be on Facebook.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Well i just opened up another can of worms. My lady has started taking 'kick boxing' classes. She asked me for tips....im pretty sure this wont end well.

muddream

Banned
All my life I've been wanting to get into business with a promotion run by a guy who makes public claims about never having paid his taxes.

- Weedlord Bonerhitler

You sound like a father tired of getting ties and socks every June.

I don't let my son buy me anything on fathers day. It's just another day with us. He fucking calls me every single day to tell me he loves me. Why do I need some fucking bs day made up by Hallmark to do anything different? Fuck that shit.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
They can play their instruments and the dude can yell very well. Whatever happens when they put it together does not work for me.

Dillinger are very hit and miss for me. It's not the mathy stuff that's the problem because I love bands like Meshuggah, I think it's that they go overboard on making their songs noisy and it obscures most of anything good. Their cover of Aphex Twin's Come to Daddy with Mike Patton on vocals is great though.

Heel

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

M-1 Korea is now in business, an organization that has been created to compete with Road FC, but it's not run by the same people who operate M-1 Global. It just holds the 'M-1 brand.' They plan to have an event called 'War of Monsters' that will most likely be composed of some fun, 'freakshow' matches.

KSW light heavyweight Jan Blachowicz will join World Series of Fighting and take on Rumble Johnson at 205 lbs.

UFC plans to do something called 'The Ultimates 2013' which some speculate is a ZUFFA-only award show.

It appears the UFC is going to team up with Dodge to release a custom 'Dodge Dart' that will be branded with the UFC logo, along with some other exclusive automobile styling.

Alright, so I've been reading over Bellator contracts all weekend (yeah, fun way to spend a Saturday night) and it appears that Bjorn Rebney is doing everything correctly, contractually at least. However ethically, that's another story. It's Eddie Alvarez's fault (and every other fighter in Bellator that are complaining) that they inspected and signed a highly-restrictive contract. Some people have been blaming Bellator for insane clauses in their fighter contract -- but the reality is every fighter contract (even UFC's) is insanely restrictive. Just look at Roy Nelson, a dude that could potentially fight for the UFC heavyweight title and he's still on a TUF contract. Now ethically, the two organizations are drastically different. You have a guy like Eddie Alvarez that clearly doesn't want to fight for Bellator, yet he's contractually binded to the promotion. With UFC, Rampage made it clear that he didn't want to fight for UFC and after his most recent fight, I can't imagine a scenario in which Dana White would force Rampage to step foot in the Octagon again. Yes, technically Rampage's contract was finished, however the UFC still has an option to match any non-ZUFFA fight offer he receives. If Rampage Jackson wanted to sign for WSOF or even Bellator, there's no way Dana White would hold him to that clause. Sure it's speculative, but it's also most likely correct.

There's a rumor that Matt Riddle is going to fight Leonard Garcia at a catchweight in a K-1 rules fight.

Phil Baroni will be signing a three-fight, non-tournament contract with Bellator.

Kawajiri will be doing voice talent for a new Japanese MMORPG called 'Legend of Souls.' The game is rumored to be pretty gnarly, with 100 vs. 100 PvP combat. Kawajiri seems to have a major role in the game.

Jon Jones appears to be on the verge of landing a massive Gatorade contract.

An unnamed Bellator fighter has a horror story from the promotion that he/she wanted me to share. Apparently the fighter was offered to fight in Bellator and were told hotel and flight would be paid for. After getting the medicals done, Bellator then says the fighter will not be compensated for hotel or travel. The fighter said they would not go on with the fight since the price of the hotel and flight would be more than their actual fight purse. Allegedly Bellator said they would 'ruin his/her career' if they don't sign the contract. In the end, the fighter did not sign the contract and Bellator has fortunately done nothing to him/her.

Singapore's Marina Bay Sands has been asked by the UFC to lock two dates for a potential card: a date in December and a 'back-up' date in January.

Also, a lot of Asian MMA media have been inquiring when the UFC will be hiring for their new Singapore office. Look for an official announcement from UFC soon.

Nick Diaz appears to be launching his own MMA promotion. Yeah, wild stuff.

iM0mH9Vtr7ZW2.gif

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
They plan to have an event called 'War of Monsters' that will most likely be composed of some fun, 'freakshow' matches.
Bobbu Sappu vs DragonLily go!

MjFrancis

Dillinger are very hit and miss for me. It's not the mathy stuff that's the problem because I love bands like Meshuggah, I think it's that they go overboard on making their songs noisy and it obscures most of anything good. Their cover of Aphex Twin's Come to Daddy with Mike Patton on vocals is great though.
Yes! If it weren't for the EP with Mike Patton on it I'd have never listened to Dillinger.

M-1 Korea is now in business, an organization that has been created to compete with Road FC, but it's not run by the same people who operate M-1 Global. It just holds the 'M-1 brand.' They plan to have an event called 'War of Monsters' that will most likely be composed of some fun, 'freakshow' matches.
I will watch this.

dem

Nick will be living in a gym when he's 70 years old...

and we will be able to pinpoint the day "Nick Diaz Promotions" was founded as the reason

Heel

lol did you watch the Trout fight? I'll take a bet that Canelo gets mollywhopped.

ehh I see another GSP-esque jabfest happening in that fight.

Now Pacquiao/Rios OTOH, that is gonna be a fucking SCRAP.

When is Marquez fighting again anyways?

Marquez vs. Bradley I believe. Not sure when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom