• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please explain this:

KYAVzvH.jpg

JIQxRn0.jpg

Please tell me that this is a cultural tradition of sorts and they're not just taking the piss outta Monson.

Yeah, that's what I was asking about, too. Looks like they used up all of the good parts of a bear pelt for the coat, and had to use the pubes for the hat.
I'm going to feel like a shitstain if that's actually important garb. Well, I'm going to laugh first, and then feel like a shitstain.

Still, money is money.

Stayed in last night and there was no better way to spend a rainy night in than watching V/H/S 2 and playing some Resident Evil Revilations. Action packed horror fueled rainy night.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really liked my first viewing. Wasn't nearly as fun the second time around.

It loses its 'zaz quickly. I saw it in the theater when it came out and i remember bursting out laughing when thor slams his bike into an invisible wall. I havent experienced 200 people staring at me with contempt since.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Awesome fucking movie.

I went in expecting an Evil Dead clone, and what I got instead was a brilliant deconstruction of horror movies.

If you haven't already seen it: do not pass go, do not collect $200 and DEFINITELY DO NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Just watch it.

That and Sigourney Weaver's cameo was awesome. And "Last" is my favourite Nine Inch Nails song too.

It's understandable though, I guess gimmicks have a short life span.

Gr1m, that happened to me during The Dark Knight. When Jokes does the pencil magic trick, I laughed so hard.... alone.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's understandable though, I guess gimmicks have a short life span.

Gr1m, that happened to me during The Dark Knight. When Jokes does the pencil magic trick, I laughed so hard.... alone.

I saw that with my best friend. We both lost our shit when that happened.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
he's not the only one who dislikes certain movies.

i tell you this, though: i could potentially watch Cabin again if i caught on TV.
Drive? never again. NOTHING HAPPENED IN THAT MOVIE.

I really hated drive. I thought it was literally one of the worst things I've ever seen. Dont understand the hype. Happy to remain ignorant.

I really hated drive. I thought it was literally one of the worst things I've ever seen. Dont understand the hype. Happy to remain ignorant.

Refn's goal (imo) is to thematically deal with what's going on inside, and not so much worry with what's happening outside as anything other than a reflection of it. The plot is just a vehicle, and dialog is considered intrusive in this sort of story telling.

Personally, I really like how he does it and I am very excited for Only God Forgives. That said, I agree that Drive wasn't a movie that makes it easy to be entertained.

I never saw Drive.

And when I first heard of everyone talking about it, my first thought was "why in the fuck is everyone watching an obscure late 90s martial arts movie?"

Drive is a movie about a mildly retarded stun driver who stomps a guy's face.

yes, i just made the movie sounds 20 time more awesome than it actually is.

also, it features a big tittie actress and the big titties stay covered the whole time.

which brings me to another point: Vio-Lence and Chamber.

"oh, F&F movies are just like old 80s action movies".

a dick they are.

i saw Fast 5. if Fast 5 was indeed similar to 80s action movies, than Vin Diesel would've been the only star, riding through the favelas in a Dodge Charger with a M-16, killing everyone by himself.

after he killed everyone, The Rock would show up in a helicopter and go "holy shit, Vin, why didn't you wait for us?" and Vin would say: "i don't like my food cold!"

BAM, long shot of Vin walking into the sunset wit 80s godlike tune.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Refn's goal (imo) is to thematically deal with what's going on inside, and not so much worry with what's happening outside as anything other than a reflection of it. The plot is just a vehicle, and dialog is considered intrusive in this sort of story telling.

Personally, I really like how he does it and I am very excited for Only God Forgives. That said, I agree that Drive wasn't a movie that makes it easy to be entertained.

I think im one of the plebeians who doesnt get it... I thought the acting was decent. The plot was fucking TERRIBLE. I was like..show me christina hendricks' tittes! I got the finer points of gosling's character..but everything else was just ..not good.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I think im one of the plebeians who doesnt get it... I thought the acting was decent. The plot was fucking TERRIBLE. I was like..show me christina hendricks' tittes! I got the finer points of gosling's character..but everything else was just ..not good.

I agree with LP and brother Gr1m. Drive is terrible. Bunch of beta dudes wanting to wear scorpion jackets with parted hair.

Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing is really good. So you guys should watch it when it goes wide. Really funny movie.

Edit: Heel I would love to join but I have to drive to my parents house in Fresno. My son is waiting for me. Tomorrow he turns 5.

Drive is a movie about a mildly retarded stun driver who stomps a guy's face.

yes, i just made the movie sounds 20 time more awesome than it actually is.

also, it features a big tittie actress and the big titties stay covered the whole time.

which brings me to another point: Vio-Lence and Chamber.

"oh, F&F movies are just like old 80s action movies".

a dick they are.

i saw Fast 5. if Fast 5 was indeed similar to 80s action movies, than Vin Diesel would've been the only star, riding through the favelas in a Dodge Charger with a M-16, killing everyone by himself.

after he killed everyone, The Rock would show up in a helicopter and go "holy shit, Vin, why didn't you wait for us?" and Vin would say: "i don't like my food cold!"

BAM, long shot of Vin walking into the sunset wit 80s godlike tune.

I don't know what made me laugh harder, this post, or listening to the song and knowing exactly when the drummer would go for the roto-toms even though I never heard it before in my life.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I just re-subbed last night for PS+ for a year.

Downloading The Cave or something and Dark Soul or Demon Soul... or something.

And the new Rayman for PS Vita.

Paid for itself in one day.

Now I have to sort some parts for my PC...

Fifty

Two great fights so far for grappling fans. It's also great to see a crowd that cares so much about the 12th and 11th fights on the card. (Just because they're Brazilian fighters, but so what)

Fifty

Oh man, this 161 promo showcasing Evans' explosive striking is hilarious. Are they assuming we were too drunk during his last fight to remember his pat-pat-pat offense? Please, please, people, don't buy that horrible card next week. Maybe if sales drop drastically enough they won't price a card like that the same as a card like 162.

Oh man, this 161 promo showcasing Evans' explosive striking is hilarious. Are they assuming we were too drunk during his last fight to remember his pat-pat-pat offense? Please, please, people, don't buy that horrible card next week. Maybe if sales drop drastically enough they won't price a card like that the same as a card like 162.
All they do is show the Chuck KO and the Sean Salmon KO (lol) ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom