• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
A friend of mine tore his labrum, rotator cuff, and separated his shoulder doing some routine mundane crap in the house. It happens.

"Special breaking news edition" of The MMA Hour 11 AM ET / 8 AM PT tomorrow.

Ariel says it has nothing to do with an upcoming fight.

I'm going to assume it involes the Ultimate. Promotion acquisition? Fighter signing? Let's speculate.

These things are always mind crushingly disappointing. Weren't the last 'big news / special announcement' things the Mexican tv deal and Matt Hughes being hired as President of Athlete Development?

Hmm what could it be that its going to take up an hour? Acquisition of Invicta? Maybe the announcement of a multi country (TUF?) tournament? Jones moving to HW? Some athlete in a different sport is gonna be signed? Tate has impregnated Caraway?

XS15uJc.gif
Andy Ogle out, Conor McGregor fights Max Holloway at UFC on Fox Sports 1 in Boston
XS15uJc.gif

ibcs4rNswnQxZI.gif

omg0sp0b.gif

Heel

These things are always mind crushingly disappointing. Weren't the last 'big news / special announcement' things the Mexican tv deal and Matt Hughes being hired as President of Athlete Development?

Hmm what could it be that its going to take up an hour? Acquisition of Invicta? Maybe the announcement of a multi country (TUF?) tournament? Jones moving to HW? Some athlete in a different sport is gonna be signed? Tate has impregnated Caraway?

Not sure, but it's worth noting that UFC broke the Strikeforce acquisition news on MMA Fighting. Given that, there's definitely a chance that it could be something considered major.

So Tito wants back? Where's Wand? He needs to avenge that loss with another epic KO. Wand will sleep Tito. After Wand wins than he can sail off into the sunset.

Not sure, but it's worth noting that UFC broke the Strikeforce acquisition news on MMA Fighting. Given that, there's definitely a chance that it could be something considered major.

In that case I'm thinking maybe the Invicta acquisition guess is the correct answer. Its the biggest thing I could think of right now that isn't fight related. It makes sense. The women's division has been getting huge amount of attention lately thanks to Rousey and to a smaller extent, Tate. They don't have a lot of talent for that division right now and I think for the most part fans are enjoying the fights ... at least more than they seem to enjoy the 135/125 lb men's divisions. Plus UFC has an unusually good relationship with Invicta AND they get Cyborg out of the deal.

The only other 'big' announcement I could think of that I could honestly see happening that's worthy of a one hour conference is creating a 115lb division. I pray that doesn't happen though.

Heel

UFC buys Super Fight League in preparation for TUF: India, signs Jimmy Ambriz and Heart Singh to bolster the house of cards HW division.

UFC buys ONE FC in preparation for 115 lb strawweight, 105 lb atomweight and 95 lb. pinoyweight divisions.

Dom Cruz is stripped of the belt, retires. Barao introduced as the Bantamweight champion.

UFC signs Freddy Lenko for an undetermined fight in Russia.

Anderson Silva retires, announced as "UFC's official Brazilian ambassador" or some other fluff job title.

New action figures.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
UFC buys Super Fight League in preparation for TUF: India, signs Jimmy Ambriz and Heart Singh to bolster the house of cards HW division.

UFC buys ONE FC in preparation for 115 lb strawweight, 105 lb atomweight and 95 lb. pinoyweight divisions.

Dom Cruz is stripped of the belt, retires. Barao introduced as the Bantamweight champion.

UFC signs Freddy Lenko for an undetermined fight in Russia.

Anderson Silva retires, announced as "UFC's official Brazilian ambassador" or some other fluff job title.

New action figures.

b7dbdf7f538720935689e60c070112b3.gif

I like action figures. Just saying.

You know if Weidman loses the rematch, no matter if its close or not there wont be a trilogy. Dana wont keep Silva in limbo with Weidman. He's gonna want him to do the superfights ASAP.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Tito wants back? Where's Wand? He needs to avenge that loss with another epic KO. Wand will sleep Tito. After Wand wins than he can sail off into the sunset.

I've never met someone so hype on Wand, it makes me happy to see people hyped. I also like Wand.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I am high as fuck. Good news. Vicodin does work. There's no bad news cause I wanna get recruited by team positive.
Vicodin is my favorite opiod. When you said the doc gave you pills, I figured chances are you'd get vicodin. It doesn't make me act retarded like percs and xanax. It's a nice chill high.

Edit: xanax are benzos. I always mistakenly think they're opioids for some reason.

Heel

I'd much rather see Jacob Ortiz under a TNA / Bellator / GLORY contract and attempt to cut a hot promo on Impact Wrestling. What could go wrong?

Vio-Lence

Banned
What's more likely

A) Wand scored a clean knockout win over Brian Stann in Japan.

B) Dana White offers Brian Stann a lifetime job working UFC studio shows on the Fox Sports networks in exchange for taking a dive against Canderlei in Japan.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Mitrione is injured, and his fight with Schaub cancelled.

And I'm tempted to bail out of Taipei this weekend due to a typhoon coming straight for the city:

Weakening aside, Typhoon Soulik will not spare northern Taiwan from life-threatening wind, rain and tide. Winds near the coasts of northern Taiwan as well as the southern Ryukyu Islands could gust as high as 120 or 130 mph. Winds in the major city of Taipei could top 75 mph, with potential serious structural damage.

Water levels along coastal locations are expected to become life-threatening and capable of extensive damage to structures on the beach. Water levels will rise as high as 8-16 feet above normal high tide level, with the highest levels found in bays and lagoons that curve inland.

Heel

Come on, Conor McGregor had an awesome debut on a Fuel show in the UK earlier this year.. We were in nerd chat for it.

I've gotta say, if he goes from smashing my boy Black Adonis to doing a number on Max the Scrapper I'll have a hard time picking against the kid ever again.

Entertaining as hell in and out of the ring either way, though. Star in the making.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Come on, Conor McGregor had an awesome debut on a Fuel show in the UK earlier this year.. We were in nerd chat for it.

Also, big announcement tomorrow? TUF Mexico with Erik Perez as one of the coaches.

I'm not in nerd chat for Fuel shows. Crumbr is ppv exclusive.

I'm starting the Conor McGregor fraud anti-wagon just out of spite.

I've gotta say, if he goes from smashing my boy Black Adonis to doing a number on Max the Scrapper I'll have a hard time picking against the kid ever again.

Entertaining as hell in and out of the ring either way, though. Star in the making.
Yup now we get to see if he's legit. Dana may as well give the FOTN bonus to those guys already.

muddream

Banned
Conor McGregor looks as unstoppable as Uriah Hall, who I, possessor of flawless opinions, am still supporting despite suffering another fluke loss.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Vicodin is my favorite opiod. When you said the doc gave you pills, I figured chances are you'd get vicodin. It doesn't make me act retarded like percs and xanax. It's a nice chill high.

Dude these things are no joke. I can completely see why people get hooked on them. There was a good hour last night where i was so relaxed i could have willingly decided to stop breathing.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
tbh that's not a good idea. if you get hurt on the job while on vics, your employer could make the case that it was your fault. you should try to get light duty or whatever.

Yeah im trying to shake it off. Im drinking a.bunch of water maybe itll wear off faster. Feels really weird. I hope im not making a stupid face being obvious

Im on the Connor bandwagon. He needs a better fight than this unknown. Hes a multi divisional champion and he looked amazing in his last fight. Hes maybe 2 years away from a shot at Aldo if he keeps things up.

Can you imagine these possible fights with Connor

Pettis
Aldo
Cub
Edgar
Olivera
Faber

KenFlo is also high on this kid.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Brian Stann got out at the right time.

I see him working closely with the UFC in a PR capacity. Having on your side a war hero with employable skills who can string a sentence together is always a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom