• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASPER

Banned
Not at all. Saying if Ryu doesn't want to fight Jones than he might as well fight Chris. Its a perfect stylistic match up for him. Unless he really wants to avenge that loss.

Andy has no interest in being champion again so he might as well give Machida his blessings

Yeah for sure i was trying to goat you, I get this feeling from Andy's interviews that he is kinda Meh about fighting for the belt again. He has been saying that his legacy is complete and he is just fighting for S&G. I am pretty happy that the MW div is getting a shake up.

Ill be rooting for Gus but this might be Jones easiest fight yet outside the Sonnen fight

I really hope Gus has been working on his wrestling. Rashad would have been the perfect fight for him before Jon to see how much hes improved

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just backed my first kickstarter for an Anime that looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Pv6Adzl.jpg

Come at ME!
Speaking of Kickstarter, not even sure where I clicked this link, but: Monday Nights At Seven an MMA film, with an unchoreographed MMA fight. It seems interesting, seriously, check out the vid. It has Edward James Olmos and Canderson(both acting, Olmos also listed as producer), and Shamrock as executive producer.

I really do give most of these Glory fighters props. Most of them are friends but they still go at it like they hate each other. None of that bullshit "I won't fight my training partners" bullshit that UFC fighters spout.

FACE

Banned
I need a Gif of the Ghita homerun hit from Glory 9. That shit was amazing.

000000000.gif

ghita da gawd

fucking kickboxers have so much budo, jacob volkmann could never do that shit

i wish we could have PRIDE rules in the UFC to bring that budo back to MMA. It still exists with guys like Wildman, Hunto, JDS, Serpentine Silver when he's on his game and some others, but the rules allow for boring ass nega-budo people and these boring motherfuckers be gaming the system.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I hated the 1-handed clinch rule because it was either fully enforced or never enforced which led to inconsistent officiating and off pacing. Glad they're going for 3 seconds at least. The rule I really really want to see dropped is no spinning backfists.

Heel

Overeem vs. Teixeira is probably the last time I thought someone might be seriously hurt.

Alistair_Overeem_vs_vs_Ewerton_Teixeira.gif

2vmaam00as86.gif

That knee almost lifted him off the canvas.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fraudereem will be back in kickboxing AND take the strap after Two Cans KOs him and Dana cuts him. Fraudereem's glorious return to kickboxing will make up for Schilt's retirement and Hari being made a can in prison.

Nah Reem is still a Blackzillian and is probably still hitting them Miami clubs.

And is still most likely using exogeneous testosterone to please his girlfriend since he fucked his own shit up :(

Heel

Path to the gold: Reunite with One-Pec Telligman and train in Texas with a strong emphasis on Lance Armstrong-level cycling for improved stamina.

muddream

Banned
Speaking of GLORY, they say they're allowing 3 seconds of full clinch, maybe adjusting that to 5 seconds if necessary. Nice to see that "clinch with one hand to throw one knee" rule from K-1 going away. I'd say this is a good middle ground for muay thai guys.

http://gloryworldseries.com/en/news/view/262

It's always been that way in Glory, I liked how the Japanese refs diligently counted to 3 seconds in Glory 8, wonderful little people. I can't think of an instance where 3 seconds weren't enough to get a meaningful attack in. It's only a problem when you put fuckerturd Joop Ubeda in there who believes he's the main event and does whatever the fuck he wants with the rules.

I hated the 1-handed clinch rule because it was either fully enforced or never enforced which led to inconsistent officiating and off pacing. Glad they're going for 3 seconds at least. The rule I really really want to see dropped is no spinning backfists.

Spinning backfists have always been allowed as well, someone got dropped by one in that featherweight tournament.

Only Glory rule I disagree with is allowing only 1 strike after catching a kick. Most of the time 1 strike is all you can pull off anyway, but why limit that shit?

The sign of a great fighter: You open as a favorite in a rematch with the guy that already knocked you out.

Mmmm dat Tate

EDIT: Oh damn! Now friend Gr1m is givin that work to UFC Gaf! haha

MjFrancis

That photo of The Reem and Jay Cutler is just all sorts of fucking awesome.

Overeem will be back on track this summer. Hell, everyone said he lost because you can't do Anderson Silva clowning at heavyweight. Now that we all know Anderson Silva can't even clown at middleweight we sure as shit know that Overeem isn't going to try that crap again. We aren't going to see that sort of showboating in the octagon from anyone significant for some time now.

MjFrancis

i wish we could have PRIDE rules in the UFC to bring that budo back to MMA. It still exists with guys like Wildman, Hunto, JDS, Serpentine Silver when he's on his game and some others, but the rules allow for boring ass nega-budo people and these boring motherfuckers be gaming the system.
I see the boring fights ala GSP 50-45 decisions like no-hitters in baseball. Just because I appreciate the skill doesn't mean I care to watch that boring-ass game from beginning to end.

Anybody pumped for that Bellator show tonight? I missed last weeks so I get 2 hours of BAD/GODAWFULMMA.

If I were on the show i'd be on Shamrocks team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom