• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In other news, Civ 5 is fucking addictive.

"Oh, I'll have a quick game and see what it's all about..."

Four hours later...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have Pikmin 3 on the way, should be here today. Not my kind of game but I guess it's nice to have a reason to turn on my Wii U.

Heel

Buakaw Returns to K-1 Starting at the World MAX Final 16

ib0FDZjdt4nmBm.gif

GLORY 11 Chicago Main Event Confirmed as Corbett vs. Sp*ng

On top of that there will also be the rumored Heavyweight Grand Slam Tournament, featuring Daniel Ghita, Anderson "Braddock" Silva, Rico Verhoeven and Gokhan Saki.

i2qdLOa2i79Bo.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Oh, Tito...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/6...-feels-positive-vibes-with-rampage-jackson-in

"I fought with integrity and heart and determination like no fighter has ever done," Ortiz said. "I've been through every surgery that any athlete has ever been through and I've prevailed through it. I'm healthy, my mind is in a good place, I have a both that I don't have to fight with that has my back, a company that has my back. I don't have a relationship that drags me down. I have a family that has my back, I'm in a good place mentally, physically and emotionally."

"How do you feed your children or your family?" Ortiz asked. "My kids are going to get paid either way. I was smart enough to save my money. I invest. The biggest thing you can invest is something they don't have a lot of, is land. I own a lot of it. Right now it's about making history. It's about making another brand. It's about a company that I put 15 years into that shut me out and turned me down. Now I'm with another, I'm going to do exactly the same thing."
It could be because you can't fight anymore?

"My last fight left a bad taste in my mouth," Ortiz said. "I thought I won the fight. When you drop someone twice and take them down four times and smash their face and they go run out of the cage crying ... I don't understand how you lose the fight."

"My latest surgery was 12 weeks ago, an ACL replacement," Ortiz said. "I was back after a month. Month and a half Iwas back to drilling again. My body recovered super fast. Of course, the last year I ended up having neck surgery. My body recovered fast. I'm still young. I have good blood."
Eat your heart out, AP.

Do Tito or Rampage ever not say before an upcoming fight that they're in the best shape of their life and they're more motivated than ever.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tito just gave us a glimpse of the future.

"I love you guys! I just had ACL surgery a couple of months ago, I had neck surgery last year and my ever present cracked skull but I still came out and put on a show for the fans!"

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Junior Dos Santos said:
...I was impressed: Miesha is very beautiful ... My God, I did not know that! More than Ronda, I guess. Have you seen her closely? What's that! (laughs) Seeing her on TV, I thought she was nothing special, but next to her, (I've noticed) she is very beautiful. She is not a standard girl. Ronda is (also) very beautiful, but it's something we see a lot. Miesha is different...

Damn, think I might have to be a JDS fan now.

industrian

dominick cruz be mad reading that last line

Speaking of Cruz, the Undisputed Bantamweight Champion of All Eternity should be back by next February - two years and four months since he outdanced Demmy Johnston on an event televised on Versus.

If he values his professional development at all then he'd drop the belt immediately, and start from the bottom of the division. Because with that amount of ring rust he'd be embarrassed by Barao, and it's not as if getting from the bottom to title contention would be difficult in a division with only five guys in it.

Speaking of Cruz, the Undisputed Bantamweight Champion of All Eternity should be back by next February - two years and four months since he outdanced Demmy Johnston on an event televised on Versus.

If he values his professional development at all then he'd drop the belt immediately, and start from the bottom of the division. Because with that amount of ring rust he'd be embarrassed by Barao, and it's not as if getting from the bottom to title contention would be difficult in a division with only five guys in it.

And he can use Started from the Bottom by Drake as his promo music

industrian

Melvin Guillard vs.Ross Pearson will be the co-main of the English event in October (Bisping vs. Munoz.)

Has FOTN written all over it.

Bigfoot Silva to star in the next Scorpion King movie, Scorpion King: The Quest for Curly's Gold The Lost Throne.

Interesting casting choice. It'll be fun to see how they script an American movie around a man who can only shout, 'porra!'

Heel

Ronda Rousey goes off on Miesha Tate and Bryan Caraway in Google Hangout

"I don't think [Tate] really has terrible juju, but her boyfriend has terrible juju."

"I think what bothers me most about her is she's kind of a very weak, suggestible and malleable person. Whoever she's around, you can tell. I really believe you're the average of the five people you hang around the most, and I think that Cara-douche takes up her top-five. Like, all of her top-five. It's just, it's not healthy. It's not. He's her coach, he's her manager, he's her boyfriend. There's a lot of control that that guy has over her life, and I think that her lack of individualism and her complete dependence on him is what really irks about her the most. She's a strong woman, she should act like it."

Mike Chiapetta (now of Fox Sports) then asked if she would have been happy if it was Caraway and not Tate that walked through the TUF door so she could fight him instead. Predictably, she said yes. Then just went on a rant and a half. Some of it might not be appropriate for our younger readers:

"I'd have been down."

"God, that guy's a douche. Just everyone. No one likes him. Have you ever heard anyone like, ‘Oh, I love that Caraway chap?' No, it never happens. It's just bad juju. You could just see, he's got, like, this film of douche on him. There's just nothing, there's nothing you like. Maybe the people at Bosley Hair Restoration like him. Black and Decker."

"People are saying 'Oh, Ronda has a big crush on Bryan, that's why she hates him so much!' You see he's got some braces on his face. And I was joking to Miesha like 'Hey, is your romantic life suffering because of that?'...and she didn't get it. So I was like, I had to be a little more direct, because it was a little too intelligent for her. So the next time I see him, I should call him the Black and Decker coochie wrecker."

She continued on, talking about Caraway's hair implants and wondering if Miesha could pull his hair while he was "butchering her down there", because she might pull it all out.

This rivalry has officially entered catty high school territory. Honda is killing the heat and embarrassing herself at this point.

Vio-Lence

Banned
This rivalry has officially entered catty high school territory. Honda is killing the heat and embarrassing herself at this point.

this clouds the more important point, the UFC is actually depending on TUF Tate vs Rousey for big PPV numbers in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom