• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Martial Arts threads > MMA threads

Dudes recommending Aikido, hyping up Krav Maga and talking about their Kuk Sool Won lessons. Shit is great.

Heel

The most redeemable quality of Machida's fighting style is his use of parrying in an MMA setting. I've praised it on here in the past, but you rarely see it. His negatives now greatly outweigh anything he brings to the table.

"Machida is actually coming forward and being aggressive!" added up to 17 total strikes in 10 minutes against Phil Davis. Just fuck that dude.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
The most redeemable quality of Machida's fighting style is his use of parrying in an MMA setting. I've praised it on here in the past, but you rarely see it. His negatives now greatly outweigh anything he brings to the table.

"Machida is actually coming forward and being aggressive!" added up to 17 total strikes in 10 minutes against Phil Davis. Just fuck that dude.

And that was still a better fight than the ME :( better in the most relative way...

muddream

Banned
TV-Thread:

I´m going to buy a Sony KD-55X9005A. 4.500 euros of glorious 4K, with the best 3D possible. It will come to my house with my PS4.

Yes, I know it's expensive, but I can buy it and I know I want it. A little luxury that compensate some negative aspects of my life.

It's true.

But Phil Davis is so shit, he's even worse. It's cool because you hate Machida, but in the end nothing was really gained or lost.

Machida is boring, Phil Davis is boring and shit at the same time.

We talk about Zombie having budo, but Aldo was the one showing the goods. I didn't even know he was injured, even if the takedowns were weird.

John Jones would be looking like he came out of ground zero at the start of the second round if he was in Aldo's shoes.

Heel

We talk about Zombie having budo, but Aldo was the one showing the goods. I didn't even know he was injured, even if the takedowns were weird.

125 pound flyweight Ian "Uncle Creepy" McCall was the one truly oozing budo. Constantly on his toes throwing in the pocket high and low, eating bungalows and taking Fight of the Night...with a broken hand early in the first round.

kit82J4l.jpg

Midget fighting haters on blast.

muddream

Banned
Ugh, he'd be better off getting a top tier 1080p panny plasma and it'd be cheaper

Cheaper perhaps, but how good is it at compensating negative aspects of life?

4K buyers are bananas...what are you going to watch at that resolution besides screensavers? OLED will be affordable long before we get proper 4K content.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That could make a good avatar, drm. Thank you.

It's true.

But Phil Davis is so shit, he's even worse. It's cool because you hate Machida, but in the end nothing was really gained or lost.

Machida is boring, Phil Davis is boring and shit at the same time.

Phillip Davis now has 3 wins over fighters ranked in the top 10. I'm jumping on Heelio's Davis bandwagon before it's too late. Step off, haters.

iEYJFCRwc6fmc.gif

Heel

Heelio's Davis bandwagon

Um, yeah...yeah! Never doubted him for a minute, friend. Wagner Prado...what a bum. Always knew it.

Just thought I'd let you drive for about 4 fights, you know? Could you turn the bandwagon around and pick me up at "UFC on FOX: Shogun vs. Vera" please? I was stretching my legs and then you were gone.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Zingano is going to smash Rousey if they ever scrap and I say this as a Rousey fan.

Also what the hell is Dave Menne doing fighting in 2013?!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't know those joes but I'll watch that fight because of how much you guys gush over them. But if that fight is a dud I'm not going to let you guys hear the end of it.

MMA-GAF PSA: Pikmin 3 is a great game, finally Nintendo's first true full fledged internally developed offering for the Wii U.

also: Gr1mfriend, you ready for dat Dragon's Crown?

muddream

Banned
Shogun/Sonnen and Brown/Siler are the only televised fights that aren't a certified scrap, it's the best card in recent memory.

Friends, the Bad MMA™ Gods have foresaken us. One of the original plans before Rampage/Ortiz was a boxing match between Rampage and Kimbo Slice. That would've been horrible/fantastic.

Spent a good chunk of my long weekend catching up on '30 for 30' films on Netflix that I've never seen. Good times.

Which episodes were the best?

ShaneB

Which episodes were the best?

Of the ones I watched this weekend, or just in general? The ones I watched this weekend were 'Four Days in October", "Into The Wind", "Unguarded", "Benji", "You Don't Know Bo".. which I guess doesn't seem like as many as I thought I did. lol

I'm partial to saying Into The Wind was the best, since it's about Terry Fox, but I got really emotional watching "Unguarded".

I realized there are quite a few I haven't seen actually, so I'll keep going through them. Winning Time is always a fun watch, seems like that one is on tv all the time and I always have to tune in. I love the series, and every episode I've seen has been fantastic really.

Zingano is going to smash Rousey if they ever scrap and I say this as a Rousey fan.

Also what the hell is Dave Menne doing fighting in 2013?!

They are not gonna...trust me. Honda is gonna armbah her. Round 1 sub. victory!

McMann will dethrone her. Shes going to put on a wrestling clinic.

Rampage/Kimbo would have been a brain cell hardcore exit party. Jesus...we miss out on that...:D

dream

I love how we're all pretending Rousey isn't going to retire and become a full-time actress after the Tate rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom