• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

The Alvarez settlement with Bellator that led to him facing Michael Chandler on the 11/2 PPV show was unique. Alvarez signed a two-fight contract with Bellator, and when the second fight is over, he is an unrestricted free agent, meaning he can go to UFC and Bellator has no rights to keep him by matching an offer. If Chandler wins, Alvarez is a free agent and doesn’t have to do the second fight. If Alvarez wins the title, he would have to give Chandler a rematch, but win or lose, he can leave at that point. Bellator is counting on the idea that Chandler, who has looked great of late, can beat Alvarez at least once in two tries. While I’d say the odds are in their favor, they are risking looking really bad. What can be worse is to have a guy come back in, beat the best guy in your promotion twice, hold your title, and then go to UFC. No word on the financial terms but I doubt it was the same terms they had offered him originally on the eight-fight deal.

You know, I hadn't considered the possibility of Eddie somehow coming off a year on the shelf to beat Chandler twice and leave the company with the strap. Bellator really penned a contract without a champion's clause? Just imagine Eddie getting the last laugh.

Yeah there will be a lot of people rooting hard for Eddie that's for sure. Hell, I think I'm going to buy a ticket to this show now that this and Mo vs. Manny 2 are on the card.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
You know, I hadn't considered the possibility of Eddie somehow coming off a year on the shelf to beat Chandler twice and leave the company with the strap. Bellator really penned a contract without a champion's clause? Just imagine Eddie getting the last laugh.

Naw, son. This is Bellator 2.0 we're talking about here.

Eddie will win the first match by a dubious split decision, and in the second Eddie will put Chandler in the sharpshooter, with Bjorn getting the ref to end the match early - revealing Eddie as the new Viacom Corporate Champion. Mike Chandler will then overcome all the odds across the next year with copious amounts of hustle, loyalty and respect to dethrone the Corporate Champion Alvarez once and for all and send him on his way - finally - to the UFC.

VoxPop

Would they grant Eddie the rematch if it was a razor thin decision? Or do you think he would just leave at that point

It doesn't have to be so fake though. WWE could be awesome if they worked shoot-style. Look at how great The Best vs. The Beast was.

This 100%. This is what wrestling needs if its going to get anywhere further. The current WWE style of matches are just too fake and predictable. The actual wrestling is a lot to be desired. It's watered down crap. Matches just don't tell a story anymore, even with limited moves in the 80's, the wrestling told a good story in the ring. Matches always started off with small moves and locks to bigger impact moves. Now it's just a mess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This 100%. This is what wrestling needs if its going to get anywhere further. The current WWE style of matches are just too fake and predictable. The actual wrestling is a lot to be desired. It's watered down crap. Matches just don't tell a story anymore, even with limited moves in the 80's, the wrestling told a good story in the ring. Matches always started off with small moves and locks to bigger impact moves. Now it's just a mess.

This is why NJPW is my #1 - everything's told in-ring. Everything is beautiful. I can't sing their praises enough, and their strong style is very close to working a shoot match. Lots of awesome shit in NJPW.

I mean, really, look at how fucking incredible this match is, if you have 13 minutes - this is absolute gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNWEmyZLo

Heel

Naw, son. This is Bellator 2.0 we're talking about here.

Eddie will win the first match by a dubious split decision, and in the second Eddie will put Chandler in the sharpshooter, with Bjorn getting the ref to end the match early - revealing Eddie as the new Viacom Corporate Champion. Mike Chandler will then overcome all the odds across the next year with copious amounts of hustle, loyalty and respect to dethrone the Corporate Champion Alvarez once and for all and send him on his way - finally - to the UFC.

Jon Taffer jumps the guard rail and hits Eddie with a beer tap from his good friends at Tap Masters.

"Eddie screwed Eddie."

Would they grant Eddie the rematch if it was a razor thin decision? Or do you think he would just leave at that point

Do you mean if Eddie loses the 2nd match? Even if it's controversial, I think Bellator rips up the contract and sends Eddie on his way. Chandler is their future and just signed an 8 fight deal. It's not worth any business they'd do with a rubber match to risk Eddie holding the strap as a free agent. My two cents, anyway.

If he wins the 2nd match, Eddie is contractually obligated to give the rubber match.

Vio-Lence

Banned
First you join team McKayla. Then you aboandon the holy diet. Now this shit? I dont even know you anymore.

I've seen the light brother. I can't stand by and support a fallen idol ducking fights and a fraud resume of worked fights in Japan.

Don't hate on athleticism.

This is why NJPW is my #1 - everything's told in-ring. Everything is beautiful. I can't sing their praises enough, and their strong style is very close to working a shoot match. Lots of awesome shit in NJPW.

I mean, really, look at how fucking incredible this match is, if you have 13 minutes - this is absolute gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNWEmyZLo

This is how I will always remember pro wrestling growing up ;) glad to see Japan in the pro wrestling game again. It's been silent there for years

VoxPop

Aw, smart move for Wand. The gangster from Oregon would bury him faster than all those Japanese cans he's stomped out over the years.

Wand Rampage 4 anyone?

Wand, the man that went face to face with prime Crocop, oversized Mark Hunt, the Japanese mega star Sakuraba and was secheduled to fight the deadly Igor.....won't fight pillow punchin wrassler in Shael.

I bet they pull some shit like Vitot vs Wand, if Dana or Silver have any respect for him they will not book that fight

Heel

lol looks like Kevin Iole's PED prodding has finally struck a nerve.

PsoweU4.png

I dunno, I think Dana is going to be able to put up a very fair argument. UFC has every right to push Vitor as a regional star in a giant market. They've also busted plenty of fighters in Brazil. Even if they are shielding Vitor's TRT use, I really don't mind watching him wheel kick people's heads off like he's perpetually 25 years of age.

VoxPop

Wand, the man that went face to face with prime Crocop, oversized Mark Hunt, the Japanese mega star Sakuraba and was secheduled to fight the deadly Igor.....won't fight pillow punchin wrassler in Shael.

I bet they pull some shit like Vitot vs Wand, if Dana or Silver have any respect for him they will not book that fight

All those guys have already been exposed as being nothing but certified aluminum. Including little Wand himself along with his fraudulent undeserved MW title. Let Chael P. lay the dirt on and completely bury that godawful organization after Mir gets done with Barnett next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom