• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I hope it has the EA MMA submission system. I was a beast with that thing but my friend had trouble with it so I'd be able to choke him as Aoki out with Joachim Hansen. Always good for a laugh.

I can't wait to throw tires around.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Not a fan of the Hendo vs Vitor match. Vitor is on the cusp of a title shot while Hendo is on the legendary circuit. Makes no sense for Vitor
Yeah I don't get this either. Maybe Uncle Dana is hoping Vitor gets KO'd so they don't have to deal with him getting a title shot? I don't know, I'm just throwing spitballs at the wall. Nothing this company does anymore makes sense.

Heel

The entrance ramp is coming out of the ship and they're randomly cutting to shots of a speed boat. This is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The entrance ramp is coming out of the ship and they're randomly cutting to shots of a speed boat. This is fantastic.

jesus christ this sounds like something out of a f-grade Universal Soldier sequel

Heel

Nothing in that article tells me why Heel shouldn't have Joe SIlver's job.

Heel Silver's 5 minute booking brainstorm:

-Tell Shogun and Wanderlei that they're fighting or they're both cut and blacklisted.
-Nick Diaz vs. Top Tenner Matt Brown
-Mousasi vs. Machida, 185 lbs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Not a fan of the Hendo vs Vitor match. Vitor is on the cusp of a title shot while Hendo is on the legendary circuit. Makes no sense for Vitor
It's just stupid decision making. If Vitor wins Hendo will likely be cut, if Hendo wins then does that make Hendo a contendor and throw Vitor back into the abyss where he once again has to climb himself out?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ok, just started watching this M1 event.

M1 seem to have a knack for these crazy locales. The last event I watched of theirs was in the middle of fucking nowhere in the hills of Ingushetia.

-Nick Diaz vs. Top Tenner Matt Brown

This... sounds awesome.

But really, I'd give Matt Brown to the winner of Condit/Kampmann. He deserves it.

dream

It's almost like they're trying to put Henderson out to pasture by giving him these boring, unwatchable, mean-nothing fights. I can't tell if Henderson vs. Vitor's Back is any worse than Henderson vs. Lyoto or Henderson vs. Rashad, but it's pretty goddamn close.

industrian

Hendo's contract ends.
Hendo gets big contract with Bellator.
Hendo wins Bellator LHW Tournament.
Hendo wins Bellator LHW Belt.
???
UFC buys Bellator.

Heel

UFC buys Bellator.

You know Bellator is in its death throes when you go from "we don't sign UFC outcasts" to signing Kendall Grove and Houston Alexander.

Spike walked out to the mound, took the ball out of Bjorn's hand and made a call to the bullpen. His vision failed and their new strategy is a fast track to adding their name to Dana's promotion tombstone.

I don't see Bellator existing in 2015. Which is sad, because I was hoping for a platform for kickboxing/mma/wrasslin' crossover fights. I doubt this would move the needle, but I hope they get desperate enough to give it a try.

industrian

I don't see Bellator existing in 2015.

Neither do I. Viacom look like they're in this MMA business for short term gains only. But no-one told them that there's no such thing as a short term gain anywhere in MMA. So I see them cutting their losses and shutting down Bellator if their ratings continue to drop and their 1-3 PPVs bomb.

Which is a shame, really, because Bellator's original business strategy of internally developing stars seemed to be paying off with guys like Chandler.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
You know Bellator is in its death throes when you go from "we don't sign UFC outcasts" to signing Kendall Grove and Houston Alexander.

Spike walked out to the mound, took the ball out of Bjorn's hand and made a call to the bullpen. His vision failed and their new strategy is a fast track to adding their name to Dana's promotion tombstone.

I don't see Bellator existing in 2015. Which is sad, because I was hoping for a platform for kickboxing/mma/wrasslin' crossover fights. I doubt this would move the needle, but I hope they get desperate enough to give it a try.

Yeah, I don't really think Zuffa needs to buy Bellator. It will die on its own. It's too bad that means that Zuffa will have no more real competition, but they want to be the MMA world's Titan/WWE and no one has the economies of scale to stop them.

bone_and_sinew

Feed him to ADCC Maia. Every boring 170 wrestler's punishment should be being fed to Maia. Maia:pepsis wasp::170 wrestlers:tarantula

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Frankly im surprised bellator has been around for as long as it has. Unless of course they were being funded by the russian mob. Does anyone named 'Sakakibarov' work for them?

Heel

I'm curious if the UFC just want to squash Funky Ben and spit him back out into the market or if they actually want to bring him up and get a foothold in the division.

bone_and_sinew

I'm curious if the UFC just want to squash Funky Ben and spit him back out into the market or if they actually want to bring him up and get a foothold in the division.
We in here talkin about Ben Askren. I mean, listen, we talkin about Ben Askren, not a fighter, not a fighter, not a fighter, we talking bout Ben Askren. Not a fighter. Not, not ... Not the fighters that go out there and die for and fight every fight like it's their last. Not the fighters, but we talkin bout Ben Askren, man. I mean, how silly is that?

MjFrancis

Hendo/Shogun 2 makes the most sense from a booking perspective at this point.
From a booking perspective, yes.

Otherwise... that fight was a fluke. Both Hendo and Shogun have disappointed since that high point in mixed martial arts history where bloodsport and athleticism intertwined.

So Belfort gets to continue his streak of not having fought outside of Brazil since August 2011? Beautiful.

I like how Dana keeps trying to sell it that Belfort could fight anywhere then he keeps scheduling him for Brazil cards siting his popularity - as if Silva, Machida, Wand, Shogun, JDS, Aldo, and Big Nog aren't big Brazilian draws either yet they fight in Vegas all the time.

industrian

So Belfort gets to continue his streak of not having fought outside of Brazil since August 2011? Beautiful.

I like how Dana keeps trying to sell it that Belfort could fight anywhere then he keeps scheduling him for Brazil cards siting his popularity - as if Silva, Machida, Wand, Shogun, JDS, Aldo, and Big Nog aren't big Brazilian draws either yet they fight in Vegas all the time.

His fight with Jones was in Canada.

muddream

Banned
I don't understand the disproportionate amount of hate Askren gets. His self-awareness makes him infinitely more likable than Jake Shields & GSP.

And then there's the fact that he's TKOing guys in the most embarrassing fashion possible because God forgot putting fast-twitch muscle fibers in his body.

dream

CagePotato.com has confirmed that UFC lightweight contender Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone was charged with Third Degree Assault, following an alleged physical altercation in Grand County, Colorado on June 29th. According to a statement released to CagePotato by the Grand County Colorado Sheriff’s Department:

Donald A. Cerrone, 30 years of age, has been charged with Third Degree Assault by a summons to court, and it is a Class One Misdemeanor. There is no warrant for him at this time. Mr. Cerrone and another person, Jeffrey S. Aley, were involved in a boating rage incident (similar to road rage but by use of boats) on Lake Granby. The incident escalated to the point where Mr Cerrone assaulted Mr. Aley. Mr. Aley was also charged with Reckless Operation of a boat and Reckless Endangerment, a Class Three Misdemeanor. The case is still ongoing, and has not been concluded in court.

This isn’t the first time that Cerrone has let his temper get away from him outside of the Octagon. In October 2010, Cerrone derailed an MMA event in New Mexico when he punched headliner Marcus Sursa, the ex-boyfriend of Cerrone’s then-girlfriend.

http://www.cagepotato.com/donald-ce...meanor-assault-charge-for-boat-rage-incident/

I told you! I told you Cowboy Cerrone was a fucking scumbag. Getting stretchered out of the Octagon may be too good for him. I want him to be the first now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom