• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction. Will Rashad now be on a huge decline? He seemed to not give a fuck out there. That Jones loss probably screwed with his head........or was he a can this entire time?

Let's look close and breakdown his fights and expose another can

- decisioned Bisping in a very close fight
- KOd Chuck when his chin was already cracked
- Caught Forrest with a shot while getting lit up the entire fight
- won a terribly boring decision vs a rusted Rampage on the verge of retirement
- beat a faded Ortiz

Would have liked to of heard what Evans and Overeem said post fight but there is nothing. Only "Arg" on Reems twitter.

What's with so many fighters looking terrible? Bisping, Rampage (looked worse than expected), Glover, JDS and now Evans? His takedowns were pure shit.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Prediction. Will Rashad now be on a huge decline? He seemed to not give a fuck out there. That Jones loss probably screwed with his head........or was he a can this entire time?

After not being able to overcome a 2013 Little Nog, Rashad needs to ask himself if he wants to grind away in LHW for what little it's worth to him or consider reinventing himself at MW.

An interesting match to make next would be Rashad vs. Shogun. It's 2 years too late, but whatever.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
don't be surprised man, that was the 7th or 8th time he's had his lights shut off in a mixed martial arts fight. probably around a bakers dozen if you count his k1 matches.

You gotta to hespech in mma. Bigfoot couldnt have bounced shots off of canistairs face any better if his Last name was north.

I think Rashad is a solid fighter. He was a bit over his head when he fought Machida and his reckless strategy cost him the title since he didn't play to his strength of wrestling, instead he thought he was some incredible striker based on his fights with Liddell and Griffin.

Then with the whole Jones thing, he chose to leave Greg Jackson's camp. That was a bad idea. If you're going to do that, at least go to a good team. He was okay versus Jones. Besides that one spot with Belfort, he's probably looked the most solid against Jones.

He needs to ditch the Zillians and get back to basics. I don't know why he was trying to stand with Nog that fight. Yes, you need solid striking, but takedowns and ground'n'pound would've easily won him the match. Lil Nog isn't the grappler his brother is.

And smh at Pettis wanting to fight Aldo. It wouldn't be a bad fight with their styles. Much more interesting than Zombie. Plus Pettis has won a few fights unlike Belfort/Sonnen.

Pettis is Aldo's best fight within the 145/155 divisions. That fight is going to be sick if it happens. I have wanted to see this fight since the Showtime kick.

Smh at Evans saying he would takedown Nog at every chance he got. The ground work to be Nog in the ultimate has been written and Evans had the tools to do so.....but didnt. I just can't comprehend that, and I thought he had high fight IQ.

Whatever, I'm just happy that Nog got the W.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Smh at Evans saying he would takedown Nog at every chance he got. The ground work to be Nog in the ultimate has been written and Evans had the tools to do so.....but didnt. I just can't comprehend that, and I thought he had high fight IQ.

Whatever, I'm just happy that Nog got the W.

Blackzillians bro. Do they even have a head coach/gameplanner?

Blackzillians bro. Do they even have a head coach/gameplanner?
I am not a MMA fighter and I knew Rashad should take down Nog. Wrestling is his strength and he should play to it, especially given Nog's disposition to merely do stand up. I've never seen him roll around and even then BJJ isn't the same as wrestling and ground'n'pound. It was common sense. You don't need coaches or a corner to tell you, except if you're not sticking to the plan or bad habits/tendencies you're showing.

I said it in GAFchat, White's matchmaking back fired. It seems more short term than for the benefit of the sport. And the flyweight and women's divisions are really thin right now. It's going to take a while for them to get deep.

The Heavyweight division is in disarray right now. There hasn't been a champ to defend the belt two times in awhile.

And with Dana's matchmaking, the light heavy weight, welterweight and middle weight divisions have grinded to a halt because of his desire for Silva/GSP and Silva/Jones or his pandering to his champions.

Yes please

HmCRcY9.jpg

Edit: and Vio, Reem hasn't been knocked out 8 times. He's also only been stopped once by KO in K-1.

My UFC 156 ramblings:

1. Tyrone Woodley with an unbelievable and highly unexpected debut. I wonder if he worked on his striking after being clobbered by Marquardt or if that was a 'lucky' shot?

2. I was sorta rooting for Volkmann before the fuckin worst ref in the world, Kim Winslow, stood Green up while he was in the midst of smashing Volkmann. I know its not Volkmann's fault but I had to root for Green after that. Which is ok for me to do but is it reasonable for Joe Rogan to do it? I mean I didn't have a problem with it per se but it seems weird for the announcer to not only root for one guy so clearly but to call out instructions to him in the ring.

3. Loving Damian Maia 2.0 (and this goes for Gabriel Gonzaga). Its great to see him finally realize he's not a K-1 fighter and he can go back to his bread and butter with the submissions.

4. Really, really shocked at the outcome of Bigfoot KOing Overeem. Good for him. That guy is really playing the spoiler. I don't see how he beats Velasquez but who knows how he'll do. He's a wildcard. I never in a million years thought he'd beat Fedor or Overeem either.

5. Evans looked like a piece of shit. His strategy of throwing almost no offensive strikes and only counter striking doesn't seem to work well anymore. Still though, surprising how few times he even attempted a take down.

6. Aldo was gifted that win. Frankie clearly won rounds 3, 4, and 5. Poor guy can't catch a break with decisions lately .. which sucks for him because that's how all his fights seem to finish.

The Blackzillians are to busy smashing hot tail to train, problem is they always make the girl be on top, so their cardio is also garbage.

That Iceman haymaker!!

And no way, Frankie won that fight. He definitely lost round 1&2. And 3 was definitely close but, I'd probably give it to Aldo. He won 4th. And 5 was another close one, but Frankie "appeared" to be pushing the fight while Aldo was trying to play it safe and run the clock.

Edgar is a puzzling fighter. All the other champions (except for the musical chairs in the heavy weight) win convincingly, whereas his style of fighting keeps taking him to these close decisions. And if you look at his last seven fights, he won two, had a draw, won, lost three. All of these decisions.

Say what you will about GSP but at least his decisions are convincing. Anderson, despite his shenanigans, either finishes his opponent or convincing decision. Jones is a closer, mostly.

dream

I think our good friend Vio-Lence makes a great point. Alistair Overeem serves as the line between true fans of the sport and fake fans of the sport. The former knew he was a fraud all along while the latter believed in the gormandized can crushing narrative that he built up over the past few years.

http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/10001888/knockouts_Sergei_Kharitonov_KO_Alistair_Overeem.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/10000255/knockouts_Chuck_Liddell_Destroys_Alistair_Overeem_Pride_Total_Eliminat.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

And how does that go against anything I said? I never said he wasn't knocked out.

Heel

I think our good friend Vio-Lence makes a great point. Brock Lesnar serves as the line between true fans of the sport and fake fans of the sport. The former knew he was a fraud all along while the latter believed in the gormandized can crushing narrative that he built up over the past few years.

Fixed, friend.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
On second thought about last night, I have this image of Overeem stopping during his entrance to pump up the crowd as if he is a rock legend. Then the image violently turns into

ijnMbGbicSx4S.gif

I wish someone would gif his entrance and then segue into the Reem getting smashed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All those times when his entrance was that dumb ass 'I got a feeling tonight is going to be a good night' song and the one time it was true he didnt use it.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
great event overall I think
sucks the reem has another setback so soon after yearlong suspension,but I think Bigfoot needed the win more to keep in the game.

Very interested to see who they each get matched up against next..i dont' think they'll give Bigfoot a titleshot, and I dont' think he'll want to fight Junior.

Alistair Overeem ‏@Alistairovereem

Signing at the LAS VEGAS FIGHT SHOP in Miracle Mile Shopps at Planet Hollywood. 1:00pm-3:00pm

Who'd want his autograph today? =/

Heel

Wouldn't be surprised to see JDS vs. Overeem for a title shot.

Uncle Dana is no longer shy about giving shots to guys with a 1-win streak (or coming off a loss, for that matter). Easy enough to play up Overeem's ring rust or an injury excuse or sell a JDS rubber match.

In The Mix™ Watch 2013

March 2nd: Hunt/Struve - Winner (Hunt) vs. Bigfoot Silver for a shot at the strap?
April 20th: Cormier/Mir
April 29th: Country/Kongo
June 8th: Werdum/Nog

Only the great Fedor can save this house of cards division.

caesar

Banned
Alistair Overeem ‏@Alistairovereem
Signing at the LAS VEGAS FIGHT SHOP in Miracle Mile Shopps at Planet Hollywood. 1:00pm-3:00pm

guys?

aw beat

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So have any of the guys that went to the Blackzilians actually got better? Shad and Reem looked like they didn't even have a gameplan.

Michael Johnson, probably. Ryan Jimmo? Not exactly guys who compete at the top level.

The camp was never much to begin with and it's only gotten worse since Mike van Arsdale got forced out.

So have any of the guys that went to the Blackzilians actually got better? Shad and Reem looked like they didn't even have a gameplan.

I don't see how they're paying good money to not get competent training and some semblance of strategy.

The first thing out of Dana's mouth during the post 156 Scrum discusses the Blackzillians:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/3/3946896/dana-white-ufc-156-post-fight-scrum-video

Only Vitor has looked decent. Rashad and Overeem should go to Jackson's. Rashad strength is wrestling and Jackson tends to work good with them.

I don't see how they're paying good money to not get competent training and some semblance of strategy.

The first thing out of Dana's mouth during the post 156 Scrum discusses the Blackzillians:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/3/3946896/dana-white-ufc-156-post-fight-scrum-video

Only Vitor has looked decent. Rashad and Overeem should go to Jackson's. Rashad strength is wrestling and Jackson tends to work good with them.

Holy shit at Weidman saying he wants to smash Silva in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom