• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I'm going to be going to Moscow and Siberia for work this spring, I'm gonna do a week vacation somewhere in Europe after my work trip since i'll already be on the continent. My coworkers said the hot chick ratio in Sweden is pretty high, might have to check it out.

Do it. Stockholm is amazing in that regard.

Copenhagen wasn't half bad either. Went home with a 20-year old blonde, or not quite home. She lived too far away (and with her dad), and I was sharing a friend's room. So she paid a $200 hotel room for us hehe.

Also, fucking Reem. Knew that would happen. Gah. At least the Aldo fight was exciting.

ubercan and suga can are turning Blackzilians into the Black in a Can factory. Reem really knows how to get the crowd excited thought, from his entrance to his demeanor that went all the way into getting knocked out 3 times standing.

Edgar's best qualities keep being the same, guy knows how to take a beating and he is powered by duracell.

Fitch vs Maia was awesome because Fitch just got grinded like he never thought he would in his life.

Awesome card.

Vio-Lence

Banned
28479834_.jpg

Kap is shitting the bed so far.

Is anyone really surprised by Rashad's (lack of) effort? He was as inactive/static as in his Rampage and Jones fights. Tito fight doesn't count cause it was Tito. Shad's been done ever since he lost the title. Either give it your all or fucking retire already. Then again, when you see what he gets paid just to show up...

Is anyone really surprised by Rashad's (lack of) effort? He was as inactive/static as in his Rampage and Jones fights. Tito fight doesn't count cause it was Tito. Shad's been done ever since he lost the title. Either give it your all or fucking retire already. Then again, when you see what he gets paid just to show up...

Rashad 3.0

TheNatural

My Member!
Refs fucked the Niners over worse than any Cecil Peoples decision. Blatant helmet to helmet on third down, blatant hold on fourth, and just like the refs did the rest of the game they could give a fuck less what the Ravens did.

Im done with this shit. Only a matter of time before I become an MMA only fan.

Superbowl half time show sucked big time. A bunch of dancing and people faking excitement, and Beyonce basically selling sex harder than Janet, and the whole destiny child thing...so bad they seemingly nerfed the mics of the other 2.

Refs fucked the Niners over worse than ahainsil Peoples decision. Blatant helmet to helmet on third down, blatant hold on fourth, and just like the refs did the rest of the game they could give a fuck less what the Ravens did.

Im done with this shit. Only a matter of time before I become an MMA only fan.
Let's be real. The Niners fucked themselves by giving a Frank Mir against JDS performance in the first half of the game. They played like shit.

They should have throw more bombs to Moss. He's caught most of them this season. Those short routes are useless because he doesn't move to the ball. Anyways, fuck y'all because 10-games-in-the-NFL Colin Kaepernick never lost composure and was able to come within three points after being down 22.

Does hollywood have a problem with brown eyes? Does everybody need blue eyes these days?

Watching Skyfall and they even gave Bardem blue eyes. I see the Star Trek trailer and of course the hero and the villain have blue eyes. Then I start thinking about it and they always seem to be pretty quick to give someone who has brown eyes blue eyes because of a role (Superman - Brando Routh) but they don't care when it's the opposite (Spiderman - Tobey Maguire).

I look at MMA, and Alphas don't seem to have blue eyes. What's up Hollywood? What's this bullshit about blue eyes?

Hollywood is all about the archetypal white person because they believe that is the only way the mass majority of film goers can relate to whomever is on screen. Of course you ask them why Life of Pi/Slumdog Millionaires is a success and they make excuses.

Nerd-chat is more self-aware. Some producer probably thinks the reason the F&F movie are popular is because of that white dude that isn't cool enough to be Han.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So is Big Foot too tentative in the opening rounds?, he only really started throwing them thangs in the third when he knew that was his only choice. Maybe if he gets a rematch with Cain he has to come out swinging....... dunno if that will be enough though.

Im not a huge Cain fan but anyone should see a rematch going almost identically the same. Bigfoot has no TDD, Cain will wrestlefuck the crap out of him for as long as he wants. Bigfoot wont be able to wait for his cardio to shut down either if it goes to later rounds.

If Reem didnt have such incredibly awful cardio he'd have that W even with his stupid Spider Silva impression.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If Reem didnt have such incredibly awful cardio he'd have that W even with his stupid Spider Silva impression.

Cardio had little to do with it. His seeming lack of interest in finishing the fight did, with his hands-down approach being the cherry on top.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Finally saw the hobbit. eh... not nearly as well cut as fellowship. These almost 3 hours definitely felt like they were fluffed out..but no surprise because the hobbit is a much shorter book than LOTR.

Cain vs Bigfoot would look exactly the same without the cut. SMH @ Bigfoot throwing that low kick first second of the fight still.

I was also surprised that Reem didn't gas. He also had 2 openings to finish the fight early. What a shame that he ended his 5 year streak due to sheer stupidity. As a fan of Reem I am very disappointed and expect much more out of a guy that is a former world champion of 5 organizations and veteran with so much experience to just take a fight as a joke. Champions like GSP would never in 1000000000 years fight like that and I am not even a huge GSP fan.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I disagree with the notion from Reem supports that he didn't gas. You could see the momentum of the fight shift at the end of the 2nd round. Bigfoot started to open up and throw leather because he wasn't worried about Reem's counters anymore. I think a large portion of that is because he gassed, and Bigfoot pulled a Barbarian Boetsch. He knew he was behind on the cards 2 rounds to 0 and said fuck it and decided to Die with his Boots on.

Either way you could see Bigfoots confidence rise quite a bit from the end of the second to the third round, a big part of the reason was Reem gassing and not hitting with the same force.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Reem fought a stupid game, you shouldn't play that shit in any weight class and you definitely don't in a class where everybody (arguably) throws bombs. You'd think with all the fights under him he wouldn't have been so cocky, never overlook a fighter.

MjFrancis

Champions like GSP would never in 1000000000 years fight like that and I am not even a huge GSP fan.
Anyone fit enough to be called a champion wouldn't fight like that. Aldo, Jones, GSP, Anderson, Melendez, Smooth - name a fighter who has defended a championship belt and look at what they did to take it and keep it.

Reem v. Bigfoot and Cain v. Bigfoot is a startling contrast. Reem went in like a rock star and played the same game Okami did in Japan and got KTFO when he was two rounds ahead in the cards. What do these people think the other guy is going to do? Of course they're going to go for broke. Meanwhile, Cain took on Bigfoot like he was fighting a guy who cast aspersions towards his own mother while pouring sugar in his gas tank.

The formally unstoppable and current can of cans Overeem is now at least 2-3 victories away from proving he's worthy of a HW title shot. Fortunately for him the HW division is as shallow as a mud puddle and if he truly made a mistake he should be able to bounce right back. Give him a gatekeeper like Cheick Kongo or Gabriel Gonzaga for his next fight. Dude needs to prove he's even worthy of contender status after a performance like that.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock - Anderson Silva is way worse than that. He punches his own chin and basically says to his opponent 'go ahead I'll give you a free one' and just takes it .. he just did that to Bonnar most recently. Amazingly its never backfired on him yet.

MjFrancis

Anderson gets away with it because the power behind a 185 pounder's punch is very different than the power behind a 262 pounder's punch. A mistake may be much less costly. He also doesn't typically begin a fight with feints and Muhammad Ali-inspired dodging but kicks it into gear when it's clear he's got his opponent outclassed. He will also follow that up by finishing the fight.

Will it get him into trouble someday? Perhaps. But unlike Overeem he has a lot of notches in the "win" column with this style of fighting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well doesn't Anderson roll with the punches? Then there's also his training. On top of that he has great speed to get out of a dopey situation, I'm not saying he should pull that shit off but he usually does it when he knows he can clown the other guy.

MjFrancis

The Reem was rather impressive when he was impersonating a mammoth clone of Anderson Silva. He forgot to emulate the part where he should be clowning on a vastly inferior opponent while on the cusp of victory. He didn't even try to finish Bigfoot.

Consequently, he was even more impressive in getting knocked out and handing Bigfoot a $50,000 bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom