• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

DLLOJ.png

The first of the frauds on this infamous avatar has been exterminated. Next up is Machida. When Dangerous Dan drops the H-bomb on him like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it will be 2 out of 3. Then Diaz is going to shock the world.

All are far more likely than sleeping pill finishing someone.

I support your bizarro future, Vio-Friend, no matter how unlikely it may be. It would be glorious.

FACE

Banned
DLLOJ.png

The first of the frauds on this infamous avatar has been exterminated. Next up is Machida. When Dangerous Dan drops the H-bomb on him like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it will be 2 out of 3. Then Diaz is going to shock the world.

All are far more likely than sleeping pill finishing someone.

That'd be a glorious future friend.

MjFrancis

What has Edgar done at 145 besides get beat up only a few days ago?
Even with the edit, I stand by my criticism. Frankie won a couple rounds, stood with one of the best p4p fighters in the world, and lost graciously.

Zombie will scrap and get KO'd before it hits championship rounds. He's getting better but he doesn't have the endurance, durability or punching bag constitution of Edgar.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
lol @ Sonnen not even being ranked. UFC must be salty bout that

Would it be because he hasn't fought in the division yet? He should definitely be ranked in MW but not sure how they handle switching weights.

I checked, it's because he's ineligible till he fights.

Would it be because he hasn't fought in the division yet? He should definitely be ranked in MW but not sure how they handle switching weights.

I checked, it's because he's ineligible till he fights.

One of the writers who participated in the vote said he was eligible and was on the ballots they were given, just that most of the writers chose not to include him because he hasn't fought at that weight class yet.

If Frankie had more power in his shots than he would probably be the GOAT PvP. His strategy hinders his record to a certain extent. While he does win some rounds, his accumulated damage over the course of the fight leaves a terrible taste in the judges mouths.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's not a strategy, dude is small and legit doesn't have the power to routinely put guys to sleep. Even Aldo is a much bigger fighter than he is much less a guy like Bendo or Penn.

Frank should be fighting at 135 in all honesty.

Frankie vs Faber would be an awesome fight.

Actually, that fight makes sense to make. Both fighters are in divisional limbo. Why not just match them up as they are both in their primes for a super fight at 145.

Let the divisions play out a bit than return to their respective divisions. Maybe Aldo moves up or loses to Pettis.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Frank's entire game is built around point fighting, which would be great if this was the Olympics and not a fucking bloodsport.

Frankie is one point fighter that I love to watch. He's not a boring ass blanket like a Fitch, Bader etc. he sticks and moves. I think Frankie is one of the most exciting fighters in the league.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Does the UFC need another Kenny Florian? At this rate we'll see Edgar v. Mighty Mouse in 2014.

It's not about chasing a title. The top level guys in each division seem to walk around 20-25lbs heavier than the weight limit (hamburger division excluded obviously). If Frank started MMA today, he'd be a 135lber.

Frankie is one point fighter that I love to watch. He's not a boring ass blanket like a Fitch, Bader etc. he sticks and moves. I think Frankie is one of the most exciting fighters in the league.

Yeah, as much people hate on Edgar for "point fighting", I can't recall the dude having too many boring fights. Maybe the 2nd BJ fight since Penn didn't do anything.

It can be as entertaining as anything else but the bottom line is he's getting beat up while buzzing around a lot. He either needs to avoid more or commit to more substantial attacks.

Nuklear

Banned
Reem fought a stupid game, you shouldn't play that shit in any weight class and you definitely don't in a class where everybody (arguably) throws bombs. You'd think with all the fights under him he wouldn't have been so cocky, never overlook a fighter.

The dude wanted to be Anderson Silva for a night complete with him trying the Matrix dodging.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Even Canderson doesn't start the fight with his hands down. He only does that after he's already thoroughly mindfucked his opponent.

Reem came out there like Melvin Guillard, trying to clown Bigfoot. Only thing missing were the random as fuck flying knee attempts.

knee

His hands were only down to stuff a takedown attempt. He was still being cocky in other ways though (extra long walk to the ring, weigh-in trash talk)

Reem surpassed Struve as my favorite hw to watch getting ko'ed.

from my extensive watching of Ultimate Surrender, it is my belief that the first thing you want to do against Ronda is put your crotch in her face, then rub her nipples and slap her taint.
If only Dragon Lily could make 135.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom