• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
It's not about chasing a title. The top level guys in each division seem to walk around 20-25lbs heavier than the weight limit (hamburger division excluded obviously). If Frank started MMA today, he'd be a 135lber.

Yeah, as much people hate on Edgar for "point fighting", I can't recall the dude having too many boring fights. Maybe the 2nd BJ fight since Penn didn't do anything.

He might've been in a few good scraps (Maynard fights), but I can't stand the style of fighting where it looks like he's having an epilepsy fit, without doing any damage. See also, Dominick Cruz.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Those shipping numbers for DmC... lmao.
tumblr_max8615wKm1r91cn2o1_500.gif

You don't ship anything to Steam, playboy
A successful but niche franchise that depended on its fans for its success, then told them to fuck themselves, and bomba'd as a result, won't be saved by Steam users who are indifferent to the franchise.

bone_and_sinew

WITCHER 3!!!11!!!!!

CDPR said:
We do not want a producer from company X, Y, Z sitting here and telling us ""Geralt? Grey Hair? That sucks." The only people who should tell us how the game should look like should be consumers.
They have my hespect. This is how developers should behave instead of telling their fans to fuck off.

Also, anyone read the books? TW3 has me interested in picking them up in Spanish.

MjFrancis

Fighters aren't willing to wait for Aldo to move up to 155lbs. They're dropping weight for a shot at him. And even if it Pettis doesn't win against Aldo, Pettis will have enough respect in the bank for a 155lbs title shot before too long. Absolutely brilliant.

TheChits

Fighters aren't willing to wait for Aldo to move up to 155lbs. They're dropping weight for a shot at him. And even if it Pettis doesn't win against Aldo, Pettis will have enough respect in the bank for a 155lbs title shot before too long. Absolutely brilliant.

Yeah Pettis calling out Aldo was smart. This situation is a win/win for him

Capcom had that coming for DmC. Pointless reboot that didn't change anything in a meaningful way but change the look while sacrificing core game play mechanics. Dumbing down a game for a larger audience is NEVER a good thing, especially when said series lives and dies with its fanbase. Devil May Cry was never a HUGE franchise where they can expect this. God of War? yes, they can reboot the series in another mythology. DMC? NO WAY.

That being said, I played the game for about an hour or so and I enjoyed what I played, but this shouldn't be the direction where Capcom takes the series. It played more like a GoW game to me than a real DMC game.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
So, bought a PS3 after going almost 2 years without. Mistake or not?

Also AC3, FC3 and U3

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Folklore and Ni No Kuni if you like rpgs

No, not really. Thanks tho.

if you have to ask the question, deep down you know the answer. MISTAKE!

I'm trying to lead a healthier lifestyle here damnit, too much partying lately. Surely it'll allow me to stay in one or two weekends (which will incidentally save me about the amount the damn thing cost).

bone_and_sinew

Who cares? If I want a good plot, I'll read a book. Ain't nobody got time for these dull ass games.
Good thing TW are standard-setting action rpgs so it's a well rounded game and you're getting more bang for your buck, which is a lot more that can be said for DmC. You have time for multiple DmC playthroughs but not one for TW? That's like saying I'd rather eat 3 big macs than one big cut of prime rib. Who are you crapping friend?

FACE

Banned
Good thing TW are standard-setting action rpgs so it's a well rounded game and you're getting more bang for your buck, which is a lot more that can be said for DmC. You have time for multiple DmC playthroughs but not one for TW? That's like saying I'd rather eat 3 big macs than one big cut of prime rib. Who are you crapping friend?

My man.

bone_and_sinew

Oh and Machida is my favorite fighter and even I'm rooting for Hendo (the REAL Captain America and not serpentine Candy Couture). The H-Bomb getting a shot at that phony Bones is far more entertaining than Machida getting killed again by Bones. I want Machida down at 185 and fresh bodies for Bones instead of rematches against guys he murked.

Vio-Lence

Banned
The Witcher factually shits all over DmC. denying it it's like denying the Holocaust. are you denying the Holocaust, Chamber?

don't reason with these bros. they play effeminate JRPGs like Ni No Kuni and mediocre action games riddled with an absurd amounts of cut-scenes like MGS. NO HOPE!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
don't reason with these bros. they play effeminate JRPGs like Ni No Kuni and mediocre action games riddled with an absurd amounts of cut-scenes like MGS. NO HOPE!

Might have to try The Witcher, heard good things. Can't stand jrpgs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom