• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
I'm glad you got ko'd by Philippou.

ihgsydeen2.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
best middle finger gif is:

5.gif

best part of the gif is cerrone has that look on his face of a mob or gang informant that is about to get executed for ratting out on his crew.

Heel

Wrong, playboy. Let's see Nate throw up double birds within takedown range of a blanket.

Gray-Maynard-Doesnt-Gif-A-Fck.gif

Perhaps the greatest sequence in the history of our sport.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Vanilla Lay Praynard tried co-opting Diaz bros tactics to generate cheap heat and fan interest for the first time in his career. While on the surface it's admirable that he wants to become entertaining, I fear that the real Lay Praynard will be on display whenever he returns to action for a frightfully boring 15 minutes.

History is on my side.

FACE

Banned
I don't buy games for length I buy them for replay value. At this point I could probably speed run Dark Souls in half an hour but I still play it from time to time.

Fair enough.

P.S: I doubt you'd be able to run through Dark Souls in 30 minutes on your first time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Chits, I didn't know you were in the Rising fraternity. My apologies, brother.

I can confirm after 20 mins of gameplay Rising is the best game you'll play this year.

I ordered it the day Amazon put up the page. Will get mine in an hour or so. Gotta love the west coast.

Edit: okay find out what that song is in that mark hunt video.

Heel

Dan Henderson said:
I think Anderson, for the last five years, has tried, tried to pick and choose who he fights and manipulates the UFC a little bit. You know, he didn't want to fight Chael again, after the first time. Obviously, he did after a while. You know he didn't want to fight me again. He kind of tries to stay away from guys that are dangerous or have a dangerous style for him, especially because he's looking toward the end of his career and he wants to retire without losing again. It's not necessarily how a champ should be, but at the same time, he's trying to be smart about things. It's all debatable.

Friends, could Dan be right?

Heel

natch incoming in..3...2..

lol more interested in the opinions of our free-thinking friends who don't think Cung Le is suddenly a title contender just because Ed Soares says so.

I think Dan is right to some degree. Sadly he doesn't realize that Anderson would jump to fight him at this point for those same reasons.

VoxPop

Friends, could Dan be right?

I don't really see how Anderson is ducking anybody except maybe Bones. The guy beat every top 10 MW in the world up till now and even stuck his foot in at 205.

Leben was 15-1 and on a 6 fight win streak

Rich Franklin was the champ and regarded as the #1/#2 MW in the world at the time

Lutter only fought him cause he won the TUF that year along with Serra

Marquardt riding a 6 fight win streak considered top 5 MW at the time

Franklin still top 3 again in his hometown

Hendo #2 MW at the time although he was coming off his loss to Rampage. Unifies that fraud of a Pride title along with his just bleed strap.

Irvin for fun at 205 last minute fight to counter program Fedor's fight

Cote riding a 5 fight win streak but yeah a shit opponent. No one else was available at the time

Thales Leites was 14-1 going into the Silva fight and just got a win (albeit controversial) over Marquardt who they actually wanted to fight Silva again

Forrest one fight removed from his 205 strap. Was on a monster run beating Shogun and Rampage back to back. And even getting the better of Rashad until that shot in the 3rd round.

Maia was a last minute replacement for an injured Vitor and was still a top 5-10 MW.

Sonnen coming off dominant wins over Marquardt and Okami

Vitor not really a top MW at the time but just had 5 straight victories and everyone wanted to see Ando tested against a pure striker

Okami is Okami

Chael rematch despite everyone saying he was ducking Chael

Bonnar.. yeah I have no idea what the hell this was about but who was really available? Besides this was a last minute replacement fight to save a Brazil card.

Not exactly sure wth Hendo is talking about? He not only beat but destroyed every top middleweight in the cage which I can't say the same for Hendo.

Who's he ducking? Weidman? Lmao. Which is probably going to happen next anyway.

There is no one left at 185 except maybe a fight with Lombard coming off 2 or so more dominant wins.

He would have wrecked any version of Shogun or Rashad as well.

Weidman, Lombard, GSP, and Jones are the only ones left before he cements his legacy and the only one hes possibly ducking is Jones.

1312020257061.gif

muddream

Banned
lol more interested in the opinions of our free-thinking friends who don't think Cung Le is suddenly a title contender just because Ed Soares says so.

I think Dan is right to some degree. Sadly he doesn't realize that Anderson would jump to fight him at this point for those same reasons.

What has changed since their last fight? Hendo's still a very dangerous fighter for 2, maybe 3 rounds. He hasn't even called out Vitor, the 1, maybe 2 round phenom.

Heel

Weidman, Lombard, GSP, and Jones are the only ones left before he cements his legacy and the only one hes possibly ducking is Jones.

Vox, pumping up guys like Thales Leites and James Irvin as contenders rings about as true as me telling you Zulu Jr. and Naoya Ogawa were dangerous opposition for Fedor. Let's shoot straight and not kid ourselves.

If he manages to get through that lineup I'll kiss the ring.

What has changed since their last fight? Hendo's still a very dangerous fighter for 2, maybe 3 rounds. He hasn't even called out Vitor, the 1, maybe 2 round phenom.

I love Hendo, but look no further than the Shields fight to see why a 42 year old man shouldn't cut to middleweight. That was 3 years ago.

Who in MW has been a phenom though? Realistically? That division is packed with talented hard workers.. not naturally talented guys. I mean.. you could maybe make an argument for Vitor but that dude was weathered to hell and had serious ring rust at the time.

It's been a long time since Anderson has had a serious challenge and while that's more the result of a rather bland MW division, anytime it's looked like a fighter could present a challenge (Chael part 2, prospect of Jones fight) he'd rather look other places. And of course the fact that He won't fight dudes from his own camp makes the question of a fight like Machida impossible. Though I think that fight could be a lot more entertaining than most Silva's title defenses.

VoxPop

Vox, pumping up guys like Thales Leites and James Irvin as contenders rings about as true as me telling you Zulu Jr. and Naoya Ogawa were dangerous opposition for Fedor. Let's shoot straight and not kid ourselves.

If he manages to get through that lineup I'll kiss the ring.

No one said they were contenders. I just gave a reasoning for why he fought them at the time. That Irvin fight came into place only cause Fedor was fighting Timmay at Affliction the same night and it was a last minute fight to counter program it.

Leites had just beat Marquardt who they were pushing for a rematch.

Better question is, who else was available at the time to fight Silva in their place? Lindland? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom