• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

brentech

Can't believe the ref let him take so many shots on the ground. Just subtracted like 5 years from his career with the last set of punches. Home town disservice

lol all of the shit about Bones being scared and Rumble gonna run through him is exactly what people said about Cormier. Gotta have that next Great Hyped Hope I guess.

Rumble is a beast but I don't think he has anything for Jones. Gus fought the fight of his life against Jon and likely wasn't ever going to get back to that level.

charsace

Could have been stopped a lot earlier, nice that he got the chance to fight back.
Jones must be laughing, way easier fight for him.

lol what? Gus height meant nothing to Johnson. He hurt Gus with a leg kick and a jab. Jones, Shogun, Jimi Gus was walking through their power. If Jones strikes with Rumble he is getting KTFO.

lol all of the shit about Bones being scared and Rumble gonna run through him is exactly what people said about Cormier. Gotta have that next Great Hyped Hope I guess.

Rumble is a beast but I don't think he has anything for Jones. Gus fought the fight of his life against Jon and likely wasn't ever going to get back to that level.

Jones by rear-naked choke

dream

I really think the way Rumble beats Bones Jones is by some serious race baiting, in a way that Rashad, QRJ, and DC did not do. Question Bones Jones's blackness. Force him out of the Jackson style.

Madness

Why did Gus throw that kick though? Rumble was almost catching them and he caught that one right after eye poke and tagged him nicely.

Plus, unlike Jones, Alex height doesn't give him any significant reach over Rumble. Damn. Wanted a rematch with him and Jones. At least Rumble has a punchers chance against Jones now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jones is losing the belt. Everything Rumble throws just hurts people. The Mauler has a great chin and Rumble just destroyed him.

I suspect that Rumble is the black Glover Teixeira. He makes good fighters look ordinary but will get caught in the headlights once Jones styles on him.

I hope to hell that Rumble proves me wrong though. He's a fucking beast and comes across as a decent guy.

Rumble is on a monster streak, but let's remember this is a guy that at one point lost to Josh muthafuckin Koscheck by sub before we start anointing him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Should have made the JBJ Gus fight first. It's crazy that Rumble fought at 170(ish).

He was crushing cans a little over two years ago.
0087_s6r42.gif

Lazyslob

Banned
I suspect that Rumble is the black Glover Teixeira. He makes good fighters look ordinary but will get caught in the headlights once Jones styles on him.

I hope to hell that Rumble proves me wrong though. He's a fucking beast and comes across as a decent guy.

eh i wouldnt say so. he a lot better than glover. glover had no place fighting jones anyways. i think rumble will surprise people when he fights jones

VoxPop

Now we can say Gus never beat anyone relevant and his biggest achievement is getting his ass kicked by Bones.

I don't see Rumble posing much of a threat to Bones though. I can see Bones taking a beating from most HWs though.

Should have made the JBJ Gus fight first. It's crazy that Rumble fought at 170(ish).

He was crushing cans a little over two years ago.
0087_s6r42.gif

Lol ironic how Gus went for that sucker kick after an eyepoke and ended up getting ktfo too. If anything, the eyepoke counter will be Bones' kryptonite.

dream

Johnson is a genuine good guy too. He doesn't have to put on an act like Jones does. Man I hope has what it takes to dethrone Jones.

That's the problem though. You don't beat Bones Jones by being a nice guy. You have to take that shit to the hood. QRJ had the right idea, but didn't push it far enough.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Now we can say Gus never beat anyone relevant and his biggest achievement is getting his ass kicked by Bones.

I don't see Rumble posing much of a threat to Bones though. I can see Bones taking a beating from most HWs though.

Yeah but who has Jon Jones ever beat?

brentech

Rumble is on a monster streak, but let's remember this is a guy that at one point lost to Josh muthafuckin Koscheck by sub before we start anointing him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
This

Watching him, he seems soooo stiff and upright. It locks in a lot of power, and I thought Gus was going to take advantage of it, but he took a shot and that's all it takes. Same thing could happen to Jones, but you can't be a wall all the time in front of these top guys.

charsace

Glover is slow and a brawler with good power. Anthony has power that no one else at LHW has. Jimi has better power than Glover and Gus walked through his punches. Anthony landed a leg kick and Gus was legit shook. Then he landed a jab that almost put him out. This after the eye poke and a cheap shot leg kick. Anthony scared him so much that Gus threw a cheap shot.

Johnson blew his load in the Koscheck fight like he did in most 170 fights. He was handling Koscheck until he gassed out. Now with a good team that is getting him to train he is just killing people.

Johnson is a better striker than Jones and if Jones doesn't get the take down Johnson is going to KO him. Johnson has better footwork than Jones and one shot power that kills.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'll put stock in Rumble. Someone needs to humble Jon Jones and Gustafsson wasn't going to be the man to do that.
Eh stylistically it was the more interesting matchup, I think it was stupid to have them fight each other for contendership. As others have said and I'll echo I see another Glover situation.

Top Bottom