• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I score this fight a 27-27 draw. Neither Davis or Bader turned up to do anything more than a glorified sparring session.

I want Phil Davis to get a title shot. Simply because Jones would totally style on him throughout the first few rounds to the point where Davis would be completely caught in the headlights until he hears that he lost a 50-42 decision.

VoxPop

FUCK IM SO HAPPY PHIL DAVIS LOST

I never understood why they put guys like Bader and Davis on network TV broadcasts

they should put all their just bleed fighters on these televised cards and put all the LNP/Point fighters on Fight Pass

industrian

Davis continues to be the guy that could have been.

Davis and Jones are two sides of the same coin. Both are great athletes with high-quality wrestling bases and the physical dimensions needed to excel in fighting at LHW.

But while one of these guys constantly added tools to his arsenal to become a complete fighter even though he could dominate opponents with his athleticism, length and limited skillset; the other guy cruised through his victories and thought "I'm good enough with my wrestling, so why try anything else?"

That nes mega man style Henderson shirt is pretty sweet

VRR9zyD.jpg

iddqd

UFC really trying hard to sell this PPV on the back of Nick Diaz' trash talking, which is weird because Nick has done zero trash talking so far.

Yes. Super weird to have Rogan say that and than have ZERO current clips to prove it.

Davis and Jones are two sides of the same coin. Both are great athletes with high-quality wrestling bases and the physical dimensions needed to excel in fighting at LHW.

But while one of these guys constantly added tools to his arsenal to become a complete fighter even though he could dominate opponents with his athleticism, length and limited skillset; the other guy cruised through his victories and thought "I'm good enough with my wrestling, so why try anything else?"

Also yes.
Might also be just that some guys are a bit more raw, a bit more aggro then others.
There must be a sweet spot on the "dumb fighter"--- "great athlete" range that Jon Jones seems to have.

thefro

Bad stoppage but Hendo really had no chance unless Mousasi walked right into a H-Bomb.

And Mousasi hit him in the temple... that'll drop you even if you have a Mark Hunt chin.

Gegard was just standing over Hendo ready to unleash more shots to his brain if they had let that continue. Only reason he fell backwards was because of the ref.

MjFrancis

Hendo was seeing stars.

When you are hugging your opponent's legs after getting rocked (instead of defending yourself intelligently) you are begging for a fight to be stopped, though in fairness the ref was already on his way to stop the fight by that point.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Hendo was seeing stars.

When you are hugging your opponent's legs after getting rocked (instead of defending yourself intelligently) you are begging for a fight to be stopped, though in fairness the ref was already on his way to stop the fight by that point.

Seriously, get the fuck outta here with that "looks like you tripped" shit Rogan was peddling.

industrian

UFC really trying hard to sell this PPV on the back of Nick Diaz' trash talking, which is weird because Nick has done zero trash talking so far.

It's better to sell it that way than selling it as "Anderson vs. a slow-moving target with no concept of lateral movement."

Also yes.
Might also be just that some guys are a bit more raw, a bit more aggro then others.
There must be a sweet spot on the "dumb fighter"--- "great athlete" range that Jon Jones seems to have.

The thing with Jones is that he believes in his ability to dominate fighters regardless of what he does. He has the confidence to take risks with trying out new ideas and styles because he knows he will win. Davis on the other hand comes across as a guy who is apprehensive to take these risks because he doesn't have the full confidence in his abilities.

dream

Bad stop, hendo always gets rocked. Like since pride

Yeah, but that was ten, twelve years ago. I'm getting very impatient waiting for the first death in the Ultimate, but when it happens, I'd like it to be something that wasn't preventable, as Dan's death would have been.

industrian

Hendo's road to retirement:

Hendo vs. Bisping 2 headlining an event in England.
Hendo vs. Little Nog 2 in Brazil. Double retirement match.

And it was a good stoppage. Hendo was slouched on the cage and Mousasi was unloading on him. It's easy to say "bad stoppage" once it has been stopped and the losing fighter then starts fighting back/defending himself, but it's not as if Mousasi was going to suddenly stop punching Hendo when he had him in such an exposed position.

Top Bottom