• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
lbfsjaj.png

lol

Reza is an expert when it comes to those kind of phone numbers.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rumble had an amazing performance last night but there are still a lot of questions. Does he have the endurance for a five round fight? Is he going to solve the reach advantage JBJ has (Cormier couldn't).

People can't say he's crushing cans now. He had the decisive victory over Davis and TKO'd Nogiera and Gustafson. Besides fighting Texeria and Cormier, hat else does he have to do?

I don't think his skill set is going to be effective against Jones. JJ has the best wrestling in MMA and uses his size and reach better than anyone. If Johnson closes the distance he's going to get ragdolled. JJ's clinch won't allow Johnson to get the space he needs to throw those bombs.

IKizzLE

I don't think his skill set is going to be effective against Jones. JJ has the best wrestling in MMA and uses his size and reach better than anyone. If Johnson closes the distance he's going to get ragdolled. JJ's clinch won't allow Johnson to get the space he needs to throw those bombs.

I honestly have no clue how this fight will play out. Every one said Chris Weidman didn't have the tools to beat Silva because he is too vanilla. Anything is possible, hell, Alex had a iron clad chin before this. I personally think if jon doesn't get knocked out in the first 2 rounds, he'll have this easy.

Rumble had an amazing performance last night but there are still a lot of questions. Does he have the endurance for a five round fight? Is he going to solve the reach advantage JBJ has (Cormier couldn't).

People can't say he's crushing cans now. He had the decisive victory over Davis and TKO'd Nogiera and Gustafson. Besides fighting Texeria and Cormier, hat else does he have to do?

Well to be fair, Phil Davis is the biggest can on the LHW roster. He sucks more than Bader

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Diaz is going to walk right into Silva styling on him. Just like Bendo/Nate was the blueprint of what to expect from GSP/Nick, Dos Anjos/Nate is what you'll get in this upcoming fight.

And then Weidman will have his relaxed itinerary for 2015 set: crush a roidless Belfort who hasn't fought in almost 16 months, followed by "this time we'll get a proper match, we swear!!" Weidman/Anderson 3.

YaGaMi

Jones vs Johnson is gonna be very interesting now. Love him or hate Jones always step up his game but he knows better than to attempt his legendary eye poke on Johnson.

Rumble should not be preparing for a 5 round fight. He's already bound to lose with that mentality. No way he's beating Jones in a decision. He's either finishing him by the 3rd or its over for him.

Next

So some think a head butt caused Gus to hit la la land but I don't know... He looked like he was already wobbly prior to that contact.

I looked at it several times and can't really see a headbutt. In any case, even if their heads glanced each other, I think the KO had more to do with the bomb that landed on his face.

Even if there was a headbutt.. oh well. An accidental headbutt is less egregious a foul leading to a KO than all the dudes who repeatedly hit a guy in the back of the head when going for a finish.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Cormier wants Gus, doesn't want to fight Rashad because they're buddies.

I'd like to see DC and Gus each get a win under their belts before fighting for a title shot. Assuming Rashad ever fights again I guess him vs Gus and DC vs someone like Bader/Glover/Davis would make sense. Would give more options if someone got injured too instead of just delaying title fights, though of course it could all go out the window depending on the Jones/Rumble fight. Also Jones was (trolling?) on twitter and ranked Rashad at number 3, ahead of DC and Gus.

So some think a head butt caused Gus to hit la la land but I don't know... He looked like he was already wobbly prior to that contact.

I just heard this on the MMA Hour. Gus mentioned it in his post fight interview, Helwani confirmed it.

And D.C. Wants the Gus fight in Louisiana. I was a little put back by his Rashad statement given his reluctance to fight Cain. These guys have to understand UFC is running a business. Dillashaw is probably going to fight Faber if he beats Assunciao (sp) and Barao. If Anderson beats Diaz, he gets a title shot, which could lead to fights with Machida or Jacare If Anderson somehow were to beat Weidman.

Silva was super sour about Machida and Souza saying they'd be down to throw down with him.

Because he's still holding onto some false sense of loyalty when everyone involved is a fighter working for the Ultimate Fighting...

In that sort of business, you're bound to stand on opposite ends from your brother. I don't want to hear Rumble doesn't want to fight Rashad. Dillashaw won't fight Faber. Rory wouldn't lift a finger against GSP. It's just ridiculous.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
thats not creepy and has nothing to do with anything

ibr7w3n17xYT3y.gif

Silva was super sour about Machida and Souza saying they'd be down to throw down with him.

Silver should probably shut the hell up. I'm pretty understanding about friends and teammates not wanting to fight each other but Canderson is pretty much done while Machida and Souza are still striving for excellence. If he's really all about friendship and loyalty, he'd get the hell out of their way.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Bowles’ residence on Stoner Road in Arcade, Ga., in order to serve an arrest warrant on a woman who was believed to be on the premises.

better call Saul

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If the UFC were a real sport, certainly the fall from grace of Brian Bowles would be worthy of a 30 for 30 episode.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I can't believe Diaz is fighting Silva. It's such a bad matchup for him in so many ways. His strengths play right into Silva's. Not to mention, the size difference. Gonna be a slaughter and I'm a Diaz fan.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous that Silva is getting a title shot afterwards...

MjFrancis

If Diaz is a no show I'm sure there's plenty of other welterweight fighters who are more than willing to replace him on this weekend's card.

galvatron

Holy shit! Nick Diaz gives absolutely no fucks.
Dude seems to be exactly what he represents himself to be...which is downright tragic in some respects.

It's a shame that, if he bails here, his career highlight will either be going for a 4th round with Joe Riggs in a hospital or the "No Contest' against Gomi. He could have been much more successful if not for the self-sabotage.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Dana: "Since Diaz decided not to show, we've found a replacement in Mighty Mouse. Winner gets immediate title shot."

"Yes, I'm serious."

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If grandma was grandpa...

I caught the end of RAW last night, god damn is Roman Rains a black hole of charisma. Is Vince really trying to push this bum? Test version 2.0, lol.

Test is the perfect comparison, Test getting the Deisel treatment.

I've got to say, all in all it's the most entertaining thing I've seen since I started self-mutilation by watching WWE again last year. They are being so remarkably tone-deaf and stubborn at the same time, it's like that 100 car pileup in slow motion.

UFC needs to step their game up. Boring just isn't cutting it, they need to be spectacularly boring to compete. Pretending that Nick Diaz is missing is a good start, it's the easy thing to do so it's a pretty boring story but Dana's trying really hard to make everybody believe it since Nick "I Respect the hell out of him" Diaz doesn't draw.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm thinking of getting cover for work tomorrow since its Metroid Prime Trilogy day. I've beaten the first one but never played 2 or 3. This week has been deader than the UFC's ratings at work so I wouldn't miss much.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
UFC needs to step their game up. Boring just isn't cutting it, they need to be spectacularly boring to compete. Pretending that Nick Diaz is missing is a good start, it's the easy thing to do so it's a pretty boring story but Dana's trying really hard to make everybody believe it since Nick "I Respect the hell out of him" Diaz doesn't draw.
Yep, Nick Diaz's agent says Diaz is accounted for: 'Everyone knows where he is'

tl;dr: Nick took a flight on Wednesday morning.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm thinking of getting cover for work tomorrow since its Metroid Prime Trilogy day. I've beaten the first one but never played 2 or 3. This week has been deader than the UFC's ratings at work so I wouldn't miss much.

I need to grab that, especially for 10 bucks. I contemplated dropping $80 on it last year. Like you, I've never played 2 or 3.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I was looking around stores, both physical and online, during Thanksgiving weekend but it was stupid expensive and I passed.

I decided to take the night off so I could play it uninterrupted, blitzed off my ass with a close friend who also loves Metroid.
I'd rather get my Metroid on all night than make shitty money and get yelled at by bald cunts (and I don't mean the ones between the hos' legs).

Top Bottom