• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't watched any of the hype vids, but Nicholas should have nothing for Anderson, but he is 40 and coming off a huge break. So, who knows.

alr1ght

It's official: UFC pay-per-view prices going up for 2015

“In an effort to provide UFC fans with the best possible matchups and highest quality programming, we have maintained the same suggested retail price for our U.S. pay-per-view events since February 2008 (UFC 81), with one exception – UFC 168 in 2013,” the statement reads. “As with most industries, our costs have gone up significantly over this period and we have determined it is necessary to institute a minimal cost increase beginning in 2015.

“UFC considers its pay-per-view events to be a tremendous value for the consumer and it continues to make that value proposition better every year through features such as advanced analytics, real-time interviews and breaking news.”

The previous cost to buy a UFC pay-per-view was a suggested $44.99 for the standard-definition broadcast and $54.99 for the high-definition version. Now, the SD price is $49.99, and $59.99 for HD, though providers may charge more.

UFC is like Nintendo. Milk their dwindling fanbase for all they can get.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Is the latest TUF about the Blackzillians vs ATT? One of my best friends is working on the show but he knows squat about MMA and told me those are the two teams involved. It's currently filming here in South Florida and he's editing filming a bunch of shit.

Tbh I didn't even know TUF still existed until he told me he got a gig with them.

Edit: Just got off the phone with him, he's working as a camera operator. I got confused since it's another project he's editing.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So glad I took today off. A big mug of hot chocolate made from Ecuadorean chocolate bars in one hand, half a blunt of Colorado purple haze in the other, Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Panny plasma IPTV. This is the life my bretheren. All I'm missing is a chick sucking my dick. Hmmm I can actually get that done since she gets off work in a couple hours and always gets sauced afterwards...nah I'd rather not deal with that crazy drunk bitch today. Today is a day of peace and serenity for me, can't be having the definition of insanity come thru the door.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I flew back to Taiwan yesterday. Those five months away just flew by.

I'll be going to Australia next Sunday, and will be there until August/September.

Good times.

scabro

uRrSxbv.jpg

Going to hope its misinformation until its confirmed.

I mean, shit...Weidman could be one of the best of all time, but not if he keeps getting injured.

alr1ght

No problem, Silva wins tomorrow and he fights vitor..... Right?

So TMZ is saying Pac vs Mayweather is a done deal for May 2 in Vegas.......hope the UFC wasn't planning an event that weekend

YaGaMi

With all these champions of today always injured you gotta think most champions/legends of the past fought many fights with injuries.

I'll toss this in I might be brutally wrong but I feel like this is a fight for DIAZ to win, i think he will beat Silva BUT there is something off about him he seems nervous and i don't know how he fights when he has so much respect for someone - i guess we shall see.

I also think he's fucked either way - if he beats Silva it's going to be "Oh silva is old and nothing like he was before", and if he loses "Oh Diaz is just a nobody who never could compete with silva" it's kind of a lose/lose situation for him lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'll toss this in I might be brutally wrong but I feel like this is a fight for DIAZ to win, i think he will beat Silva BUT there is something off about him he seems nervous and i don't know how he fights when he has so much respect for someone - i guess we shall see.

I also think he's fucked either way - if he beats Silva it's going to be "Oh silva is old and nothing like he was before", and if he loses "Oh Diaz is just a nobody who never could compete with silva" it's kind of a lose/lose situation for him lol

Nicholas is many things, however a nobody is not one of them. Nick is a damn somebody!

iddqd

From Bloodyelbow:

Gastelum has officially missed weight twice in his welterweight career, in addition to needing multiple tries to get to the welterweight limit for his March 2014 bout with Rick Story. Lineker has now missed weight 4 times and has still never weighed in below 126 lbs (the limit required to compete in title fights)

Awesome!
Can't wait for Gastelum to move up to 205 and fight Rumble.
And Lineker should go home to be a family man (at 170)

Lmao....worst day ever for the UFC.
Smh....

I wonder with days like this if Dana closes his door, sniffs a line, rubs one out to Expendavles Three with Rhonda and follows it with a desert of Connor promos.

I was watching the embedded and Woodley seemed to mention trying to come into fight week leaner. These dudes need to walk around lighter. This extreme weight cutting isn't healthy.

IKizzLE

Man, Kelvin looked dead at weigh ins. Tyron still agreed to the fight though.....expect a first round knockout, pretty sure kelvins gas tank is on E. Dude shouldn't be walking around at 215.

And holly Holm is the co main event for February?!? Smh....Dana better call cowboy and setup a fight real quick against somebody. I know Luke rockhold been training anticipating shit like this to go down; better get him vs vitor for the interim.

Man, today is the literal ddefinition of hype train derailed.

TheChits

Man, Kelvin looked dead at weigh ins. Tyron still agreed to the fight though.....expect a first round knockout, pretty sure kelvins gas tank is on E. Dude shouldn't be walking around at 215.

And holly Holm is the co main event for February?!? Smh....Dana better call cowboy and setup a fight real quick against somebody. I know Luke rockhold been training anticipating shit like this to go down; better get him vs vitor for the interim.

Man, today is the literal ddefinition of hype train derailed.

Cowboy is busy

Top Bottom